Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

There are no hiring freezes as of yet. Train Operator list is moving rather quickly. I asked a TSS last week in the subway station about upcoming classes. And he said January, February, March, and April there will be all classes. Now can anyone PLEASE find out the dates. We are already in the month of January. Thanks and good luck to all...

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there any possibility that the January class would start before Jan. 15th? im on medical hold for antidepressants and i have to see the MTA psychiatrist just to make sure im not homicidal/suicidal/etc. but the appointment they gave me is Jan. 15th. so the earliest that i can get sworn in would be Jan 16th

also, if i do get sworn in on Jan 16th, it will be exactly 90 days from my drug test on Oct 19th. should i ask them to give me a drug test before then to avoid a week delay in waiting for the results? or am i good with EXACTLY 90 days in between? http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=10&d1=19&y1=2012&m2=01&d2=16&y2=2013&ti=on

is there any possibility that the January class would start before Jan. 15th? im on medical hold for antidepressants and i have to see the MTA psychiatrist just to make sure im not homicidal/suicidal/etc. but the appointment they gave me is Jan. 15th. so the earliest that i can get sworn in would be Jan 16th

I heard from an inside source that there will be a class starting Jan 12th.. I'm not to sure how accurate that information is but the person who told me is already in school car..

With that list# and what u say they certified it means ur info is with the MTA so they have ur info and will call u when they reach ur list#

The 350 appointed should be last person hired which sounds abt right..I remember seeing ppl in the 320s goin down for pre employment physicals and interviews

Happy new year to all!

Has anyone been called down to Livingston for final processing? I went down on Dec 13th for d/t but haven't heard anything yet. Just curious cause I have heard that some agencies are going on a freeze come February.

I'm in the 325-335 range and I went down for my drug test on 12/12/12.. haven't heard anything from the MTA yet however I did recieve a notice from DCAS to go down to 100 Centre street to validate my veterans credit. I have to go down this Monday.. does anyone else have to go there? Also, is this the reason why I haven't been called down for the medical/final processing yet?

January 12th is a Saturday. I sincerely doubt that date is accurate. It would more likely be Monday the 14th? However, and not that everyone that is going through the process is on this forum, but no one has confirmed being called back down for final processing since mid December.

I had to turn down assignment for 12/17 due to some obligations, so I was removed from the list, but had my list number re activated on 12/21 through DCAS. I got a letter last week to go down this week for pre employment test and drug test again. My original drug test was done on 10/17, so it is still good, however I will call and find out if I still need to go back for drug test this week or if I can just wait to be called for final processing again. Either way, I will try to find out when the next class is if I go down to 130 Livingston

Ideally, assuming all goes well with my medical and all, I would prefer to start in February so that I can resign from current job with plenty of notice

January 12th is a Saturday. I sincerely doubt that date is accurate. It would more likely be Monday the 14th? However, and not that everyone that is going through the process is on this forum, but no one has confirmed being called back down for final processing since mid December.

I had to turn down assignment for 12/17 due to some obligations, so I was removed from the list, but had my list number re activated on 12/21 through DCAS. I got a letter last week to go down this week for pre employment test and drug test again. My original drug test was done on 10/17, so it is still good, however I will call and find out if I still need to go back for drug test this week or if I can just wait to be called for final processing again. Either way, I will try to find out when the next class is if I go down to 130 Livingston

Ideally, assuming all goes well with my medical and all, I would prefer to start in February so that I can resign from current job with plenty of notice

What day this week do you have to come down to Livingston Street?

Thursday? Ok.. cool.. I just came back today from 1 centre street. I had to go with some proof of my military service to claim veterans credit. I asked them how long it would take for them to verify the records and they told me that they had to send out the prints to the FBI, then wait for them to reply.. So I honestly don't know how long it'll take for MTA to receive information from DCAS that my veterans credit has been verified. I called the MTA employment desk today just to verify that my contact information was correct and they quickly sent me to a voicemail where I had to leave a message and am currently waiting for a response.. I'm just curious as to what the status is of my drug test and basically what number are they up too? Cause I'm in the range of 325-335 and all I've gotten accomplished was a drug test and verification of veterans credit so far.. meanwhile another person posted earlier that the last person was appointed was list# 350.. WTF is going on here?

Thursday? Ok.. cool.. I just came back today from 1 centre street. I had to go with some proof of my military service to claim veterans credit. I asked them how long it would take for them to verify the records and they told me that they had to send out the prints to the FBI, then wait for them to reply.. So I honestly don't know how long it'll take for MTA to receive information from DCAS that my veterans credit has been verified. I called the MTA employment desk today just to verify that my contact information was correct and they quickly sent me to a voicemail where I had to leave a message and am currently waiting for a response.. I'm just curious as to what the status is of my drug test and basically what number are they up too? Cause I'm in the range of 325-335 and all I've gotten accomplished was a drug test and verification of veterans credit so far.. meanwhile another person posted earlier that the last person was appointed was list# 350.. WTF is going on here?

I am in the 220 range. My original drug test was 10/17 and I got called in for final processing roughly 5 weeks later. I am certain that at least a couple of those weeks were a deferral on account of Sandy. Your list number is roughy 100 numbers above mine and according to your data the last hired was 350. My assumption is that 2 out of 5 that got the letter to come down for drug test never showed because they were no longer interested. Another 1 out of 5 showed up and for various reasons did not qualify or were deferred for medical . That leaves roughly 40 individuals that qualified between my number and your number. Actually on second thought.. My estimations are just a bit off. There have been 3 O/C classes since October. 40 students per class.. If last person hired was 350, then that means that 1/3 or 33 percent of original eligibles were sworn in as of 12/17. That does not account for those on medical hold and people like yourself who are awaiting clearance for military credit. I think that you are right about where you should be in the process. No?

The MTA will verify your veterans credit themselves. This is just the city double checking for themselves had already started schoolcar when I recieved my notice to go down to 1 Centre St for verification last November.

Edited by elantra06

The MTA will verify your veterans credit themselves. This is just the city double checking for themselves had already started schoolcar when I recieved my notice to go down to 1 Centre St for verification last November.

So did a friend of mine I spoke with yesterday. He told me that once he was in schoolcar, then he recieved a notification to go to 1 centre street. However, my situation is different.. I took my drug test 12/12/12 and tomorrow will make 4 weeks.. but no call yet to report to the medical.. im positive i didnt fail my drug test because I dont do drugs.. so WTF is the hold up? lol.. maybe im just being impatient..

I am in the 220 range. My original drug test was 10/17 and I got called in for final processing roughly 5 weeks later. I am certain that at least a couple of those weeks were a deferral on account of Sandy. Your list number is roughy 100 numbers above mine and according to your data the last hired was 350. My assumption is that 2 out of 5 that got the letter to come down for drug test never showed because they were no longer interested. Another 1 out of 5 showed up and for various reasons did not qualify or were deferred for medical . That leaves roughly 40 individuals that qualified between my number and your number. Actually on second thought.. My estimations are just a bit off. There have been 3 O/C classes since October. 40 students per class.. If last person hired was 350, then that means that 1/3 or 33 percent of original eligibles were sworn in as of 12/17. That does not account for those on medical hold and people like yourself who are awaiting clearance for military credit. I think that you are right about where you should be in the process. No?

Great estimations bro.. So what your saying is that they're basically waiting for those who are on medical hold, etc.. to clear up their situations? Which doesnt make since cause they could keep going down the list.. or maybe it wont be fair for those who are on hold..

Hey guys, had a quick question which has been brought up b4 about taking your name off the list and having it re enstated. I just want to be clear my list# MIGHT be called sometime this Spring or early Summer, if im not 100% ready for the job I can asked to be removed from the list and be put back on when ready as long as its within the period the the list is certified??

Im looking at making the move say late summer Aug or Sept for sure, if I monitor on here that they are above my list# and its July and they are starting a Schoolcar in Sept I would just put my name back on the list and obv not guarenteed im in the Sept class but maybe the one after?? Last who do you call for this is it DCAS or the MTA Subway Div Liason??

Appreciate any info guys I just want to make sure i know whats going on I dont want this job to pass me up but was thinkn off getting some things settled b4 the career change TIA guys

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Justin08" data-cid="630093" data-time="1357680067"><p>

Hey guys, had a quick question which has been brought up b4 about taking your name off the list and having it re enstated. I just want to be clear my list# MIGHT be called sometime this Spring or early Summer, if im not 100% ready for the job I can asked to be removed from the list and be put back on when ready as long as its within the period the the list is certified??<br />

<br />

Im looking at making the move say late summer Aug or Sept for sure, if I monitor on here that they are above my list# and its July and they are starting a Schoolcar in Sept I would just put my name back on the list and obv not guarenteed im in the Sept class but maybe the one after?? Last who do you call for this is it DCAS or the MTA Subway Div Liason??<br />

<br />

Appreciate any info guys I just want to make sure i know whats going on I dont want this job to pass me up but was thinkn off getting some things settled b4 the career change TIA guys</p></blockquote>

This is a civil service position and as such, you have 3 opportunities to decline and have your list number restored while the list is active. For 8098, the list is active until September 2016. If you receive a letter in the mail to go down to 130 Livingston for pre employment then you have 2 choices. You can simply not show or mail the attached form stating that you decline or you can go down and start the process and if you are called for final processing and ultimately appointment before you are ready, then you can decline. Either way your name will be taken off of the list and will not be restored until you request to have it restored.

You can request to have it restored via a letter to DCAS or you can just go down to 1 Centre street with ID and request it in person. They will send you a letter informing you when your name has been restored and you will be placed back on the list at the same position that you were originally. Now keep in mind that there are probably quite a few people that may have declined and requested reinstatement by that time and anyone whose number was before yours will be called back first, so keep that in mind.

My advice would be that if you get a letter to go down in early summer, simply fill out the declination letter and send it back and then in mid summer go down to DCAS and get your name and list number restored. It took me literally 10 minutes and the letter of list renewal came about 2 weeks later. Save yourself the hassle of going down to 130 Livingston until you are ready. There is no real benefit of going down if you are not prepared to start within 2 weeks of pre employment interview (drug test)

I hope that is helpful to you and good luck to you

My list number is over 500 for TO. I was called in December 13th for the drug screen. Waiting fo the phone call, it's been about four weeks, driving me crazy!! How long of a wait is normal?? Like everyone else, looking to move forward. "Please stand clear of the closing doors"

My list number is over 500 for TO. I was called in December 13th for the drug screen. Waiting fo the phone call, it's been about four weeks, driving me crazy!! How long of a wait is normal?? Like everyone else, looking to move forward. "Please stand clear of the closing doors"

I also went in that week for the drug test, on the 12th.. My list number is between 325-335.. I haven't gotten a call from the MTA either. All I got was a letter from DCAS to go in this past Monday so I can verify my veterans credit(Which I did). I'm also still waiting for a call or a letter.

I ran into a bunch of new T/O's @ Main Street earlier. They have so many classes the TSS's for this class told me they hold their class in the evening. There was 9 people in this class. Well anyways whoever is in that one congrats to u all. Looks like ya'll doing very well. I had to follow the school car out of TSQ n whoever was operating was out!!! Keep up the good work!