Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Straight from school car: the next classes for t/o are Jan 28, Feb 25 and Mar 25. As of today nothing scheduled after March. They are also still short on instructors. Also some classes are going to be pm shifts not am. Good luck to everyone.

thanks for the info man, keep up the good work.

Happy new year to all!

Has anyone been called down to Livingston for final processing? I went down on Dec 13th for d/t but haven't heard anything yet. Just curious cause I have heard that some agencies are going on a freeze come February.

I went down for the drug screen on Dec 13th as well. Have not heard anything yet. From what I'm reading the typical wait is 4-5 weeks. I'm glad I found this forum because I haven't come up with a phone number to find anything out.

Straight from school car: the next classes for t/o are Jan 28, Feb 25 and Mar 25. As of today nothing scheduled after March. They are also still short on instructors. Also some classes are going to be pm shifts not am. Good luck to everyone.

Well that makes sense, I just received a call today from the MTA to report in on Monday morning for the medical/final processing.. So yes, they are starting to call people to prep them up for the upcoming classes, which is a good sign.. My list number is between 325-335 but I was called in late so I honestly don't know what numbers are going to be called.. if anyone else has any information.. please let us know..

Traintrain From what im seeing here the ones in a "BETTER" position with the MTA usually do more reading here than responding to posts...

So does that include you? Mr 2,640 posts? lol j/k

Traintrain From what im seeing here the ones in a "BETTER" position with the MTA usually do more reading here than responding to posts...

HAHA! Maybe back when you joined Transit there weren't as many resources or a community you could tap into. All you had was a chair, a book and pounding patience. I get what you're saying though. Not only that but you probably had yourself a job somewhere keeping busy. People these days are working a lot of part-time gigs with bachelor degrees going nowhere. MTA offers somewhat strong job security and benefits one can live on. It's also a lot of fun reading up on all these things.

Edited by Xentor

3476438229 - ask to speak with the liaison.. If shes not there, leave a msg and she should reply fairly quick..

Thanks man. I spoke with the liaison and she was able to clear up my situation. If I don't get called for the Jan class, I should be set for Feb.

Good luck on your final processing, I hope all goes smooth.

I also went in that week for the drug test, on the 12th.. My list number is between 325-335.. I haven't gotten a call from the MTA either. All I got was a letter from DCAS to go in this past Monday so I can verify my veterans credit(Which I did). I'm also still waiting for a call or a letter.

Ok ...hang tight. I see on here the norm is 4-5 weeks

Thanks man. I spoke with the liaison and she was able to clear up my situation. If I don't get called for the Jan class, I should be set for Feb.

Good luck on your final processing, I hope all goes smooth.

Just spoke with someone answering at that number, she transferred me to a Barbara something, I left a message

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Etrain" data-cid="631198" data-time="1357935794"><p>

I just got the call to go in for medical and final processing on next Wednesday, list# 370 to 375. Good luck to everyone else waiting.</p></blockquote>

List number 370 to 385. Lol going in on wednesday too. See you there.

Cool, hopefully they'll reply by close of business today, if not, they're closed on Sat and Sun.. probably Monday.. and if they don't call you by then, try calling again.. early in the morning too, around 930am..

I got a call about an hour later, she said they're in the 300's for the medical, I said maybe a couple of weeks, she said yes, if I don't hear from her, feel free to give a call back. Now I see 375 and 385 range. So we're movin along!. Thanks for all the info everyone

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Etrain" data-cid="631198" data-time="1357935794"><p>

I just got the call to go in for medical and final processing on next Wednesday, list# 370 to 375. Good luck to everyone else waiting.</p></blockquote>

List number 370 to 385. Lol going in on wednesday too. See you there.

no doubt, good luck.

Me im just a Rookie what do i Know?  :D

Nah, you were one of the first to post any good info on the start of school classes, Thanks a lot man all your input has been greatlly appreciated.

Hello everyone,  newbie here.  im sure this question was asked before but i did not find it.  I was sent a notice for the pre-interview and medical.

What does that mean?  

What does the pre-interview entail?

If i pass the pre-interview and medical does that mean i go straight to training?

Are there more hoops to jump before i get to the training class?  

I am taking a day off from work to take the medical and risking my current employment by doing so.  

Do i have to take more days off? like for interview?

Hello everyone,  newbie here.  im sure this question was asked before but i did not find it.  I was sent a notice for the pre-interview and medical.

What does that mean?   Go down to MTA office to fill out preliminary work/life history and take drug test. You'll also recieve a comprehensive work history package to complete and hand-in for medical/interview visit.

What does the pre-interview entail? Overview type questions of work/life history and drug/urine test.

If i pass the pre-interview and medical does that mean i go straight to training? No, indepth medical and interview regarding the comprehensive work/life booklet  and the 1st preliminary work/life booklet.

Are there more hoops to jump before i get to the training class?  Yes too many what ifs to name...

I am taking a day off from work to take the medical and risking my current employment by doing so.  

Do i have to take more days off? like for interview? Most probably. At least 2 days - drug/urine test (preliminary) and medical/final processing. Could be a difference of 5 days to 90 days.

HI Eagerto: i tried my best from memory and past similar q/a's. Congrats on the start of your journey.

PS - What is your list # range?

How does the MTA investigate your previous work history?

Everyone you put down (with Contact numbers) they Call....

So if you got fired let go or quit( for whatever reason) you better tell em or they will find out...

Edited by RTOMan