Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="trainman" data-cid="632674" data-time="1358258597"><p>

How will they find the phone numbers of all your previous jobs??? Sounds a bit ridiculous to me. Not saying your lying.</p></blockquote>

You have to list it on the 21 page form they give you to fill out. If you omit any employment from the past 10 years to now or lie about it, you will probably be disqualified from the hiring process.

Called today and they said they are up to list #430 on call backs for the final medical and processing. So it sounds like things are moving forward smoothly.

Thanks RobbM...that's good news. I'm in the low 500s. I called last week, they were in the 300s so......hanging in there.

Called today and they said they are up to list #430 on call backs for the final medical and processing. So it sounds like things are moving forward smoothly.

how many positions are open?  When you say final medical and processing what does that mean?  are you reffering to the pre interview and medical?

Has the MTA/Union renewed their Colloctive Bargaining Agreement?  or is the Union still working with a contract?

Ok, heres one for you guys. I went to the MTA psychiatrist yesterday. Everything went well, he said im cleared, all they wanted to know was that im mentally stable. So i go down to livingston this morning and they dont have the fax yet! Ok fine, but the lady said it could take two weeks??? I have to call the "mac" number before i go back to make sure they have the clearance from the doc. I'll miss the next class if it takes 2 weeks!

so i went down this morning and pass medical and final processing  so the count beings as the days of me being a conductor comes to an end and my new position of train operator begins on Jan 28th!!!! see the rest of you guys who pass on the 28th... if you can find me lol!!!! 

Edited by Big daddy cool

Well that makes sense, I just received a call today from the MTA to report in on Monday morning for the medical/final processing.. So yes, they are starting to call people to prep them up for the upcoming classes, which is a good sign.. My list number is between 325-335 but I was called in late so I honestly don't know what numbers are going to be called..

so how did it go on monday???

Word of advice to everyone that is waiting to go down for medical, go to your doctor and get yourself check out first and take care of any issues you might have.  If you dont, you might find yourself looking at a medical hold.  They dont play in that mac center.

Word of advice to everyone that is waiting to go down for medical, go to your doctor and get yourself check out first and take care of any issues you might have.  If you dont, you might find yourself looking at a medical hold.  They dont play in that mac center.

That MAC Center is no joke.....

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="eagerto" data-cid="632893" data-time="1358291254"><p>

how many positions are open? When you say final medical and processing what does that mean? are you reffering to the pre interview and medical?<br />

As stated early in the thread there are three classes of 40 each going in, in the three months coming up. Fiinal medical and processing is the second visit to Livingston for your full medical workup and investigation of your 21 page booklet.

<br />

Has the MTA/Union renewed their Colloctive Bargaining Agreement? or is the Union still working with a contract?</p></blockquote>

As far as the contracts and collective bargaining, one of the seniors on here would have to answer that.

Nope, neither side is budging on the contract. Since all of the TWU officers got reelected, there isn't going to be any change on that end, but the latest TWU newsletter Samuelson tore Lhota a new one and said that with a new MTA chairman, he hopes some progress can finally be made.

so how did it go on monday???

Lucky me, I got placed on hold because I'm diabetic.. So now I'm running  around like a chicken with no head trying to get blood tests done and paperwork filled out. I'm not on insulin but now my doctor tells me I'm going to need it.. who knows where this is going to end now.. :(

Well, i got some pretty shitty news today. I got cleared from medical hold then found out that DCAS took my name off the list without permission because i took too long to get off medical hold. So i went immediately to 1 Centre St to get my name restored to the list. All of you will be senior to me, as they said i wont be called until march or april. This means no jan 28, no feb 25, no mar 25 for me :(

Well, i got some pretty shitty news today. I got cleared from medical hold then found out that DCAS took my name off the list without permission because i took too long to get off medical hold. So i went immediately to 1 Centre St to get my name restored to the list. All of you will be senior to me, as they said i wont be called until march or april. This means no jan 28, no feb 25, no mar 25 for me :(

How long did you take to get off medical hold? I just got put on medical hold on Monday, how long do I have before they remove me?

No where near you guys but I'm takin the advice posted by Etrain. Called my doc today to go in for a full check up. Told him I want to check everything.

Thats the best Bet, these Quacks at that MAC Center arent here to help you folks!

Dont believe the hype i seen them restrict people who was dozing off in that place, wont even get into the BS they put us through when i was going through the hiring process, looks like nothings changed...

Get to know that right away and it seems that some of you are already caught up in the BS... :(  :(

Edited by RTOMan

I was put on medical hold in november. I had to get a note from my therapist saying i wasnt homicidal/suicidal, but she was in italy for 2 weeks. When i finally got the letter in mid december i was about to close on a co-op i bought and my lawyer advised me not to "quit my job" until we closed on the co-op so i held on to the letter until dec 28th. Then i had to schedule an appointment with the MTA psychiatrist to get evaluated, and for whatever reason they couldnt schedule me until this past tuesday, the 15th. Then i went back to get officially cleared today and got the bad news

I was put on medical hold in november. I had to get a note from my therapist saying i wasnt homicidal/suicidal, but she was in italy for 2 weeks. When i finally got the letter in mid december i was about to close on a co-op i bought and my lawyer advised me not to "quit my job" until we closed on the co-op so i held on to the letter until dec 28th. Then i had to schedule an appointment with the MTA psychiatrist to get evaluated, and for whatever reason they couldnt schedule me until this past tuesday, the 15th. Then i went back to get officially cleared today and got the bad news

So for almost 2 months you were on hold, and the MTA took it upon their own liberty to remove you from the list because you took too long for medical hold. Well that isn't fair.. I mean, did you atleast contact the MTA and let them know what the delay was? I mean, because now I'm on medical hold as of January 14th.. All I gotta do is a get a letter from my doctor.. but when I went back to MAC 1 to ask my Dr questions, she told me that I now have to wait some time while my body becomes used to the insulin that my regular doctor told me to take, it might take a couple of weeks for that.. Should I be fearful that they'll remove my name from the list as well?

That MAC Center is no joke.....

Yea, I was also told by the lady behind the desk that the DR that I have is the worst one there! FML!!!! lol