Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, I been watching this post for a long time and it has help me be patient thanks to all the information you guys always provide on this Forum, My List # is 790-800 and I never expected to be called anytime soon since the highest number I seen on this post is 500, but I just got the letter to report for the first time on the 11th of next month. I hope everything goes well, Thank You guys.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BX Girl" data-cid="638607" data-time="1359482916"><p>

Received my letter to report to Livingston this Thursday for the drug test. List #580-600</p></blockquote>

Good news 800-810 here ... Waiting

After 2 days down @ 130 we head to schoolcar tomorrow..... I was able to stay in the B divivison cant wait for that striped shirt

Lucky me, I got placed on hold because I'm diabetic.. So now I'm running  around like a chicken with no head trying to get blood tests done and paperwork filled out. I'm not on insulin but now my doctor tells me I'm going to need it.. who knows where this is going to end now.. :(

sorry to hear that hope your able to get this little set back quickly because you went thru alot just to get down there so dont give up!!!

Anybody know what the parking situation is at ps 248? They said there's st parking but what time and how long? Is it metered? Or, if I were to take the train from LI, where's the best place to catch the d or n?

Thanks in advance.

You can park on the Street but mind the signs on where to park, you can try to park in the lot by the school but you might need a decal. Since the cops use it as well...

Anybody know what the parking situation is at ps 248? They said there's st parking but what time and how long? Is it metered? Or, if I were to take the train from LI, where's the best place to catch the d or n?

Thanks in advance.

yes, you can park on the street...you might have to drive around the 1st day to get familiar with the surrounding streets and signs...and by all means...

yes, you can park on the street...you might have to drive around the 1st day to get familiar with the surrounding streets and signs...and by all means...WATCH THE STREET SIGNS... you will get a ticket or your car towed...street parking is free

I strongly suggest...DO NOT PARK IN THE SCHOOL parking lot...

If you are coming from L.I. you can catch the D or N at Atlantic Ave/Pacific St  station in Brooklyn...follow the signs and always CALL 511 BEFORE leaving to make sure those trains are running...there is a lot of work being done on the N line and if you need to come to Brooklyn too early in the morning N might NOT be running at that time

I am not sure if they are issuing badges right the way when starting the job....but if you have to take the train and pay for it, i suggest to purchase an UNLIMITED MONTHLY metro card...this way if trains are askew every so often and you will have to switch to bus more than once,then you do not have to pay twice..  ;)

:rolleyes: ...but hopping transportation will be FREE for all from day 1....hope this helps !!!!!!

and

I heard there are only two types of trains you learn from in the Division A. Can anyone tell me if this is true and if so what type of trains are there?? P.S. I also heard most candidates don't pick the A Division because geographically Division B is more closer to there resident.

in the A div there are R142/142A and R62/62A.

I also heard from my TSS yesterday that there will be another class of 40 T/O's starting the end of February and another class of 40 starting in March. That is all they know about so far for this year. There may be a slow down after that, they will still be hiring just not as frequently. So make sure you have all your ducks in a row if your looking to get into one of these next 2 classes. Anyway my class only has about a month and a week left. Only thing left to do is road posting and final exam. We started with 10 and are down to 7. Good luck to you all.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="subwaydriver" data-cid="639306" data-time="1359643171"><p>

Curious what happened to the 3? Drop outs? Attendance? Background checks? Failed a test? <br />

PS, how do I set up direct deposit? While in school car, will our checks come here or to our station we chose during picks?</p></blockquote>

Once you get access to the bsc website, you can set up your direct deposit there. Until then your check will be at your pay location that you picked.

Just a litle bit of advice for those that haven't gone down for the drug test yet - get there early! I got there @ 7a and already had quite a few people there already. I did get out by 10a though. But if you get there at 7:30a, you'll more than likely have to wait forever to have your pre-employment papers reviewed - which means you'll have to wait that much longer to give your sample to the lab. And that wasn't any fun on my part because I started drinking water 4:30a.

It's annoying they wouldn't just tell us we needed that up front. A half day spent at the ss office could have been done prior. Try remembering supervisors, jobs and dates from 20 years ago....It was cool though. You get to experience & see the process first hand. As opposed to reading about it on the forums.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ny Trucker" data-cid="638944" data-time="1359571696"><p>

in the A div there are R142/142A and R62/62A.</p></blockquote>Thank you

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BX Girl" data-cid="639683" data-time="1359688887"><p>

They send a pre-employment app with the initial drug screen letter. That application only asks for 10 years. And the one you leave with (21 page app) asks for everything since H.S</p></blockquote>Got it! Thank u 2 BX Girl.

Not to hijack this thread but how is the parking, in general, around the all locations where training is held? Just wondering because after making it past processing, I want to know if I have to take the subway or drive.

Each place is different just gotta go by the signs in the streets thats the best i can say....

Since you don't have a decal yet it makes it harder.

BTW anyplace in Downtown Brooklyn you have to go to take the train difficult to park.