Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

I mean certified in that the MTA starts hiring from it. When you call the DCAS hotline it will state you are on an "outstanding certification". That means the city has handed over names to the MTA for hiring purposes.

What you mean mediccjh is that the list has been established which it was June 23rd 2010.

8098 hasn't been certified yet. I just called the DCAS number to check my list number and it is not on an '"outstanding certification" yet.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny but now I've been check my mailbox every evening since I heard that their right around the corner from 8098.

If the class is supposed to start on the 27th Someone should have gotten a letter not sure if said person posts here though...

If the class is supposed to start on the 27th Someone should have gotten a letter not sure if said person posts here though...

RTO, my list number is in the 50s, and I have not heard anything yet, nor have I received anything in the mail.

I called DCAS today, and as of Sunday, no one has been called from the list, according to the computerized mailbox system thingy.

Maybe that class on the 27th will be just promotionals. I can't see the MTA processing anyone that fast. I'm in the 140 range on the O/C list so hopefully I'm in the first wave of letters that get sent out.

I'm right above you in the 150 range - but I don't expect to get a letter until the second or third wave of letters.

Hey guys quick question I was found qualified w the education and work exp w this letter..wat if I left my current job and didn't find sumthn for a couple months does that disqualify u as far as the work exp of 5 yrs they wanted TIA

No as long as you had the 5yr fulltime work exprience prior to taking the exam you are fine. When called you would have to just state the periods you are unemployed up until the point of the background process.

No as long as you had the 5yr fulltime work exprience prior to taking the exam you are fine. When called you would have to just state the periods you are unemployed up until the point of the background process.

Thanks elantra06 appreciate the help =)

Oh thats great news, I need to move up front now. Tired of looking at my window and seeing another subway car smiling at me.

Are you sure you can do that? I've heard that if you go from being a C/R to a T/O from the O/C list, you can't go back to being a C/R should you ever want to or need to go back. You might want to wait for the next promotional T/O test. At a minimum, you should definitely consult with HR to find out if you can ever go back to being a C/R before you accept a T/O job. When you get called off a promotional T/O list, you can almost always go back to your former title. But I don't know about what haoppens when you get called from a O/C list.

Edited by Donald

Are you sure you can do that? I've heard that if you go from being a C/R to a T/O from the O/C list, you can't go back to being a C/R should you ever want to or need to go back. You might want to wait for the next promotional T/O test. At a minimum, you should definitely consult with HR to find out if you can ever go back to being a C/R before you accept a T/O job. When you get called off a promotional T/O list, you can almost always go back to your former title. But I don't know about what haoppens when you get called from a O/C list.

That's if you haven't completed your one-year probationary period. As long as you've completed probation, you will have the right to return, so far as I know.

That's if you haven't completed your one-year probationary period. As long as you've completed probation, you will have the right to return, so far as I know.

Correct, as long as you've passed your probationary period, you can go back to your previous title regardless if you're coming off a promotional or open competitive list.

I'm going to listen to YOU? hahaha