Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the info just waiting I hate my job and can't wait to start.

I hate mine as well and if I get the transit job I get to move back home. My Job transferred me 2 yrs ago and all i can say is Delaware is boring as ^#^$. Driving to nyc just about every weekend has gotten old. It was go or have no job with a package. Packages dont last that long.

Edited by CalvinSC

Wow I havn't been in here in a long time.  As of right now I heard they are in the Mid 600's for drug testing and all, as per someones info.  Idk how accurate that is though since I barely been on here since New Years.  I started schoolcar on 12/17 and it has been pretty awesome.  To all the people starting soon or just started, get your sleep and PAY ATTENTION!  Information becomes alot easier to understand if you ask questions and pay attention.  I just took my signal test yesterday and got 100%.  Thats a must.  But the test is pretty straightfoward and fairly simple.  SIGNALS SIGNALS SIGNALS...........learn them and keep them in your head.  If you do so the signal test will be a breeze.  I beat myself up over it and when I got the test I was like "Really??"

It's been quite an experience so far and I've enjoyed every moment of it.  We got road ops starting next week, and thats going to be2 weeks.  After that is the 2nd yard Practical, and Road Posting.  Then the finals and all that fun stuff.  But to everyone that just got on, good luck, and to the people that are real close, your time is coming soon! 

Wow I havn't been in here in a long time. As of right now I heard they are in the Mid 600's for drug testing and all, as per someones info. Idk how accurate that is though since I barely been on here since New Years. I started schoolcar on 12/17 and it has been pretty awesome. To all the people starting soon or just started, get your sleep and PAY ATTENTION! Information becomes alot easier to understand if you ask questions and pay attention. I just took my signal test yesterday and got 100%. Thats a must. But the test is pretty straightfoward and fairly simple. SIGNALS SIGNALS SIGNALS...........learn them and keep them in your head. If you do so the signal test will be a breeze. I beat myself up over it and when I got the test I was like "Really??"

It's been quite an experience so far and I've enjoyed every moment of it. We got road ops starting next week, and thats going to be2 weeks. After that is the 2nd yard Practical, and Road Posting. Then the finals and all that fun stuff. But to everyone that just got on, good luck, and to the people that are real close, your time is coming soon!

Wow dude, you're flying thru school car!! I didnt realize you guys were that far along already! Next week is our last week of road posting, then 3 weeks left of schoolcar...almost there!!

Wow dude, you're flying thru school car!! I didnt realize you guys were that far along already! Next week is our last week of road posting, then 3 weeks left of schoolcar...almost there!!

Yepp, road ops start tonight. I go in at 1900 and thats till next week. Im guessing your in the class before me and If youre in the A Div you have TSS Magri, right?

Yepp, road ops start tonight. I go in at 1900 and thats till next week. Im guessing your in the class before me and If youre in the A Div you have TSS Magri, right?

Yea im in the month before you, but TA-19. TSS Cox and ET

Attention, ladies and gentlemen waiting to be called on the list. I just call DCAS and heard the automated system. The last list number appointed was 582. This list is moving in record time so far. Those that are in the 1000's, 2,000's, and even 3,000's be patient you will be called.

Attention, ladies and gentlemen waiting to be called on the list. I just call DCAS and heard the automated system. The last list number appointed was 582. This list is moving in record time so far. Those that are in the 1000's, 2,000's, and even 3,000's be patient you will be called.

HI Trainman - thx for sharing this great update. It seems that DCAS, MTA and this board are in sync. Sometimes I've noticed this board is "unofficially" most current while MTA and DCAS lag behind.

I have a feeling that the processing for the March class will be fast and furious since the MTA is also processing bus operators and conductors. I wouldn't be surprised if they reached out to mid 700's for the March class. Here's to crossing my fingers that this pace keep up!!!

Edited by bc0v9g9

BC, there are people in my class w/ #'s in the 600's.

They'll probably make it to the 8 or 9's this round for the March class if they don't get enough viable candidates. Keep that in mind.

This year could very well be good to T/O hopefuls...

Wow. I called dcas also. If those list # s are correct then me at 67X should be getting a letter soon? And how come theres #600 in schoolcar? Lo9ks like people are getting passed up???

Passed folks up, folks saying thanks but no thanks folks not getting back to them..

When MTA calls you better answer or they will skip right over you...

They Need T/O's down here, Folks are starting to run outta here..

They had Two Bids out for Open Jobs two sheets each, i cant remember the last time that happened.

Edited by RTOMan

Passed folks up, folks saying thanks but no thanks folks not getting back to them..

When MTA calls you better answer or they will skip right over you...

They Need T/O's down here, Folks are starting to run outta here..

They had Two Bids out for Open Jobs two sheets each, i cant remember the last time that happened.

When I was at Flatbush the other night I was looking through Bid sheets. Man some of those jobs are sweeet. With S/S off too. I need to hurry up and gain some senority.

I

When I was at Flatbush the other night I was looking through Bid sheets. Man some of those jobs are sweeet. With S/S off too. I need to hurry up and gain some senority.

i posted with a guy who had a year and a half in motors last week. He was able to pick while on probation. I have a feeling the same is going to happen to us guys coming out of school car now.

The next school car class is on March 25. As for April, May, and June I don't know yet. But I do know from speaking to a TSS a few weeks ago in the subway. Is that there will be classes "ALL YEAR LONG". Meaning that the list will be climbing even further. At this rate it should reach in the 1000's for the drug test by June. My question is from what I heard they charge you a $75.00 fee when they take your fingerprints. What other fees are charged for pre-employment-screening???

The next school car class is on March 25. As for April, May, and June I don't know yet. But I do know from speaking to a TSS a few weeks ago in the subway. Is that there will be classes "ALL YEAR LONG". Meaning that the list will be climbing even further. At this rate it should reach in the 1000's for the drug test by June. My question is from what I heard they charge you a $75.00 fee when they take your fingerprints. What other fees are charged for pre-employment-screening???

$95 for fingerprints...comes out of your 1st check

The finger printing is the only thing they charge you for and as stated above it comes out of your first paycheck.

I i posted with a guy who had a year and a half in motors last week. He was able to pick while on probation. I have a feeling the same is going to happen to us guys coming out of school car now.

That would be VERY interesting. How many road extras do they need in each division? Because I'm wondering, if they need for example 100 road extras. After 5 months you'd be able to pick, right? Because you'd have the seniority over 5 classes of 20 (100 people)

That would be VERY interesting. How many road extras do they need in each division? Because I'm wondering, if they need for example 100 road extras. After 5 months you'd be able to pick, right? Because you'd have the seniority over 5 classes of 20 (100 people)

I think only someone who works in the Crew Office can answer that question.

I i posted with a guy who had a year and a half in motors last week. He was able to pick while on probation. I have a feeling the same is going to happen to us guys coming out of school car now.

I dont know about the A Div but the B Div there's going to be  a serious hit on extra extras. Most of them are promo CR's who will be "used" to picking. Heck some of em may pick jobs they used to work as C/Rs!

Can anyone that is currently in school car, please find out the dates for April, May, and June. Thank u

The TSS I have spoke to said they didn't know anything after the 3/25 class. They did say that the 3/25 class was going to be a pilot class for extra training. Instead of the normal 1-2 weeks of yard posting (depending on your division) they were going to get 3 months of yard work before coming back to school car for their final practicals.

They expected more classes but wouldn't confirm it.