Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is of coruse screwing up the Pick since they have to have more Yd Jobs for the New T/O's and its bumping people out of Jobs...

I say it will last just this Pick until they figure out something else, this was another "reactionary" Move...

Yep and now the B-Div is getting to experience the same thing A-Div had last pick when jobs got cut and everybody lost seniority. Thank goodness I had already put in my transfer papers!

Seems to me that starting out in the yard is a blessing. While there are probably MORE ways you can screw up there than on the road, everything is slower there, giving you more time to think things through, and not having customers banging on your door or window or face. When you are on probation, RTO can send you back to the street for any reason they can find, and eliminating the road threats will greatly increase your odds of making it to your second year intact.

Was sworn in yesterday for the 3/25 class!! List #580-600

Congrats and good luck. It will go by faster than you think. For those of you that are getting ready to finish school car this week or next week, you won't be pushed out onto the road on your own the very next week after your done training. They will put you on a daily job with another train operator and you will post that same job for a week or 2 straight. That's what they did with my class. I've been working the same job with the same T/O since I finished training. It's kinda like road posting but it's not. They say they do this over in the B div all the time so I guess they are bringing it over to the A. Each one of my classmates is on a different line.

Was sworn in yesterday for the 3/25 class!! List #580-600

That's awesome. Wish you success. Schoolcar will go by fast. I still can't believe only 5 days of class left on my schedule. Damn the time flew by.

Congrats and good luck. It will go by faster than you think. For those of you that are getting ready to finish school car this week or next week, you won't be pushed out onto the road on your own the very next week after your done training. They will put you on a daily job with another train operator and you will post that same job for a week or 2 straight. That's what they did with my class. I've been working the same job with the same T/O since I finished training. It's kinda like road posting but it's not. They say they do this over in the B div all the time so I guess they are bringing it over to the A. Each one of my classmates is on a different line.

Yeah I saw one of your classmates on the 4 yesterday morning. That sounds good. Next week I will be out of schoolcar.

Just went for urine test on Feb 1st and now hard at work filling out the 21 page booklet as quickly as I can.

My list number is between 640-660.

HI Subway88: hope all is well with the process. Did you get into the March Class? If so congrats...

Edited by bc0v9g9

Subway88: thx for the info. GL in the process...

i think they're back filling the 3/25 class mostly with previous O/C candidates who have cleared their "holds". bx girl got in with the 3/25 class with a list # btw 580-600 (congrats once again for sharing and getting in). plus kevinetics shared that there were some 600's in his feb class (thx for sharing). so they gotta be in the low 600's i would think...

bottom line - idk whats going on?! i was hoping mta would have processed thru another 200 #'s by now. a big thanks for everyone sharing what they know - appreciate it!!!

Greetings, to all. I know from speaking personally to a TSS a few weeks ago. There will be classes all YEAR LONG. Can anyone please find out the upcoming dates for April, May, and June classes. Thank u.... That's how the list #'s will move faster. More classes more hires.

Greetings, to all. I know from speaking personally to a TSS a few weeks ago. There will be classes all YEAR LONG. Can anyone please find out the upcoming dates for April, May, and June classes. Thank u.... That's how the list #'s will move faster. More classes more hires.

hear anything about conductor?

Sup guys, just registered to the forum but have been reading thru for quite some time now. Patiently waiting for my list num to ring up im in the low g range. Want to thank everyone for posting up in here gives rook's something to look forward to. Looking forward to getting called up so that i personally could avoid all the bs office politics. Do what u do and get paid that's what i need in my life. 

i spoke to the school car tss yesterday. There will be classes the rest of the year however as of today they don't have any dates scheduled.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

i spoke to the school car tss yesterday. There will be classes the rest of the year however as of today they don't have any dates scheduled. Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info, I hope that holds true, if so i figure the g list nums should come up in a few months. I'll go on vaca while i wait. GLTA!!

After you get that letter in the mail, how much time are you given to respond. I know that the smart thing to do is to respond ASAP but the reason why I ask is because I was thinking about taking a little vacation trip and I don't want to miss my window of opportunity if my letter happens to get delivered while I'm away. Depending on the time frame that is given, I may or may not want to take this trip...

I'm not sure about everyone else on this thread, I rec'd the letter on the 28th which told me to report on the 31st. So you're not given a huge window of time.

After you get that letter in the mail, how much time are you given to respond. I know that the smart thing to do is to respond ASAP but the reason why I ask is because I was thinking about taking a little vacation trip and I don't want to miss my window of opportunity if my letter happens to get delivered while I'm away. Depending on the time frame that is given, I may or may not want to take this trip...

I'm not sure about everyone else on this thread, I rec'd the letter on the 28th which told me to report on the 31st. So you're not given a huge window of time.

Wow; 3 days? I thought that they would at least give a week. I'm not taking any trip anytime soon then. Judging by my list number I'm assuming that it wont be too long before I get my letter. Until then, I will continue my daily stakeout of my mailbox...

Yeah, it's for a drug test so they dont wanna give you time to clean out your system if you've been puffing the magic dragon

Of course... The letter is for the initial step of the process which is a drug test so that makes perfect sense.

I think my obsession with receiving this letter is affecting my ability to reason... Nah... It's definately my extreme dislike for my current dead end crappy job that is affecting my ability to reason...lol