Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

:mellow:

Of course... The letter is for the initial step of the process which is a drug test so that makes perfect sense.

I think my obsession with receiving this letter is affecting my ability to reason... Nah... It's definately my extreme dislike for my current dead end crappy job that is affecting my ability to reason...lol

LOL. Smooth,

I went through the EXACT same thing: I was working in a law firm (support-staff position) and hated the office politics :angry: (not to mention the salary was far from great). Last year - I got called for the  (MTA)  Conductor's Position - I ran away and never looked back. 

Now, I'm pretty happy   :rolleyes:  but will be happier when I get called for Train Operator  :D      (List#760's)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone from list range # 600 to 700 been called for the final medical ?

Has anyone from list range # 600 to 700 been called for the final medical ?

I'm in this range ... hope that I didn't miss the call.  Do they send a letter if they can't reach you by telephone ?

Wow; 3 days? I thought that they would at least give a week. I'm not taking any trip anytime soon then. Judging by my list number I'm assuming that it wont be too long before I get my letter. Until then, I will continue my daily stakeout of my mailbox...

HI DaSmoothOperator - welcome to the board. What's your list # range within -/+ 10. Thanks for sharing...

After you get that letter in the mail, how much time are you given to respond. I know that the smart thing to do is to respond ASAP but the reason why I ask is because I was thinking about taking a little vacation trip and I don't want to miss my window of opportunity if my letter happens to get delivered while I'm away. Depending on the time frame that is given, I may or may not want to take this trip...

I booked my vaca the day before I received the dt letter. I quickly shortened my weekend getaway to 2 days.

Today marks the beginning of March 25 school car for those who made it. Congratulations!!! Now what everyone wants to know is the dates for April, May, and June upcoming school car classes. Once, they have that in the works. That list is going to fly by a couple more hundred numbers easy.

Of course... The letter is for the initial step of the process which is a drug test so that makes perfect sense.

I think my obsession with receiving this letter is affecting my ability to reason... Nah... It's definately my extreme dislike for my current dead end crappy job that is affecting my ability to reason...lol

stalking the mailman isn't gonna help

Yeah...Had my feelings hurt today - got thrown in the B. Hopefully we'll get most of the weekends off during Schoolcar. :-/ Still happy I'm hired, but I'll always have it in the back of my mind that I'll live close to quite a few A Div reporting locations. BTW, the TSS who spoke with us today said there's no April class scheduled as of yet, but there's a lot of folks still retiring.

Yeah...Had my feelings hurt today - got thrown in the B. Hopefully we'll get most of the weekends off during Schoolcar. :-/ Still happy I'm hired, but I'll always have it in the back of my mind that I'll live close to quite a few A Div reporting locations. BTW, the TSS who spoke with us today said there's no April class scheduled as of yet, but there's a lot of folks still retiring.

Damn BX...all those people picked A before they got to you? They had to force 5 of us in A. It'll all work out though. Those days @ 207 & Concourse you'll be lovin'. Plus, you'll get used to the wonky reporting times early on.

Your going to love the B. Born and raised in the B div. All the A div is, is a bunch of toy trains.

I

Damn BX...all those people picked A before they got to you? They had to force 5 of us in A. It'll all work out though. Those days @ 207 & Concourse you'll be lovin'. Plus, you'll get used to the wonky reporting times early on.

I was hoping that I was able to pick ahead of most. I think there were quite a few who were finally released from Medical Hold and there were a couple of Promo's as well. A little more than half the class picked in front of me. Yeah, I'm hoping for the few locations that are remotely close to the BX. Once the A Line is fully operational - that's gonna become the longest line again. Superstom Sandy's damage cut about 25 min. off the length. I just hope like hell when all the repairs are done - Mott Ave/Far Rock ISN'T a reporting location because with my luck I'll get thrown there.

You will get all your weekends off during school car so at least your summer will be good. Did they tell you about the 3 months in the yard yet? Your class is supposed to be the first to do it.

A liitle advise don't get discouraged, they throw a lot of stuff at you in the first couple of weeks and your head will be spinning but it all starts to make sense rather quickly. If you do the reading, study the signals and learn the terminology you will be golden. Operation comes with repetition and you will get good at it. Learning the definitions of the signals the way they want it is up to you. Apply yourself, take pride in your work and you will have a long career. Good Luck

Hey don't be discouraged because your in the B. Just because your in the A with all the Bronx location won't mean you'll be reporting there. I'm in the A Div and It's like the crew office looks at where you live and purposely sends you in the opposite direction. I've been out of school car for 3 weeks and not once and I mean NOT once has the crew office sent my butt to the Bronx. All early reports in Brooklyn. Edited by Success7

... BTW, the TSS who spoke with us today said there's no April class scheduled as of yet, but there's a lot of folks still retiring.

No class in April? Sux

It's not known for sure, just no scheduled date as of yet...

It's not known for sure, just no scheduled date as of yet...

When the TSS mentioned that, he followed it by saying they're still trying to play catch up with all of the T/O's retiring. IMO, I think it's just a lack of available TSS's to conduct the training.

Hey, is it true that if you deadhead from one terminal to another you have to stand up the whole way??? I heard that today :(

Not true. That's only true if you're in transit gear and there aren't any seats available and you have customers that are standing. I suggested getting something light that you can put on over your gear this way you can sit for you whole ride. A windbreaker works wonders.