Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took the drug test on Thursday April 11th....I am still waiting to hear back from them.....

Anyone experience a long wait ?  :(

(I noticed some here took the drug test and were called in for the medical/interview and sworn in - all within the same week)

I was told when I took the DT it could be anywhere from 1 to 90 days. Someone who took the test the same day as me (1/31) was called immediately ( I think the very next day). I finally got called mid-March and was sworn in for the 3/25 class. Longest month and a half in my life!! The fingerprint fee is $91.50 - should be on your 1st check. GL all!!

A little piece of advice that I followed - if you're told to get there at 7:30a - try to arrive at least a half hour early. Keep in mind MTA is hiring for other positions and current employees are called to this location for various reasons. Medicals and drug tests (for the most part) are based on a first come first served basis. I recall the day of my drug test leaving before 11a and some folks were still waiting to turn in their initial 10-page app in order to wait on line to give a sample.

Direct deposit is not right away. During the fist week of schoolcar, people from hr will come and speak to your class and they can answer all those questions. First couple checks you will have to go pick up at your pay location that you choose.

I got called back for medical about a month after i took my dt....that was one of the longest waiting periods i had!! The length of time varies person to person.

As far as the background check, i do believe no news is good news! I make 6 months in a couple weeks and havent heard anything from them and im hoping it stays that way! It would be nice if they sent something saying you've been cleared

First couple checks you will have to go pick up at your pay location that you chose??? A terminal or 180 Livingston Street??

Direct deposit is not right away. During the fist week of schoolcar, people from hr will come and speak to your class and they can answer all those questions. First couple checks you will have to go pick up at your pay location that you choose.

I got called back for medical about a month after i took my dt....that was one of the longest waiting periods i had!! The length of time varies person to person.

As far as the background check, i do believe no news is good news! I make 6 months in a couple weeks and havent heard anything from them and im hoping it stays that way! It would be nice if they sent something saying you've been cleared

First couple checks you will have to go pick up at your pay location that you chose??? A terminal or 180 Livingston Street??

Yes you pick a terminal close to where you live and can pick it up there after 3pm on the Thursday of your pay period (every 2 weeks).

A little something of note, they tell you to get your first check before you put in for direct deposit on the bsc portal (they will explain this at orientation) which I did and by my 3rd check direct deposit was working. One of my classmates applied for it the day after orientation and his direct deposit was working by his 2nd check.

Yes you pick a terminal close to where you live and can pick it up there after 3pm on the Thursday of your pay period (every 2 weeks).

A little something of note, they tell you to get your first check before you put in for direct deposit on the bsc portal (they will explain this at orientation) which I did and by my 3rd check direct deposit was working. One of my classmates applied for it the day after orientation and his direct deposit was working by his 2nd check.

Got it. Thanks, for the heads up.

I was told when I took the DT it could be anywhere from 1 to 90 days. Someone who took the test the same day as me (1/31) was called immediately ( I think the very next day). I finally got called mid-March and was sworn in for the 3/25 class. Longest month and a half in my life!! The fingerprint fee is $91.50 - should be on your 1st check. GL all!!

Cool. Thanks for the info BXGirl.

Have you started school-car yet ?

Once your finally sworn in. When are you measured for uniforms? What type of uniforms are given to you? And are you charged for it?

You will be measured for uniforms around the 3rd day of orientation. The MTA pays for your uniforms. It consists of the train operaors uniforms (White shirt with grey strips and blue work/dress pants, winter coat/ hats, tie etc..)

I was suprised when I checked my mail that I recieved a letter from NYCT. It told me I was to report on April 18 at 7:30 AM for pre interview and medical. The problem is I opened the letter on April 19 when I got home from work. The letter was postmarked April 12 and I was away a few days. I feel like showing up at Livingston Street on Mon. morn, but I guess I'll call first.  You would think that you would have 2 weeks notice before reporting. Any ideas? For such good news and a nice Sunday this day sucks!

HI mjddrvr: i wouldn't fret but maybe showing up or calling and explaining the situation would resolve it immediately. Be prepared MTA may have removed you from the list and you might need DCAS to reinstate you.

The appointment is basically presenting all the required and completed documents, as specified, plus a urine sample for a drug/alcohol test. When you show up, be prepared to arrive early and stay til 11am, since this is a large office handling other hr related tasks.

PS mind sharing your list # range ie 94x or 95x... good luck!

$30.03 an hr

HI mjddrvr: i wouldn't fret but maybe showing up or calling and explaining the situation would resolve it immediately. Be prepared MTA may have removed you from the list and you might need DCAS to reinstate you.

The appointment is basically presenting all the required and completed documents, as specified, plus a urine sample for a drug/alcohol test. When you show up, be prepared to arrive early and stay til 11am, since this is a large office handling other hr related tasks.

PS mind sharing your list # range ie 94x or 95x... good luck!

yeah, probably going to have to reinstate your number on the list. I would call and ask though. If so, no worries, you go back to the top of the list relatively quick. You should be good for the May class. 

I would say if I make it 1 year, then I could take it a bit easy. Right now, the medicals, fingerprints, and 21 pg booklet I have to be there at 7:30 thus Thursday, almost 2 weeks I took the urine test.

The hassle is the 21 page booklet I have to tell truths about my bad misdeeds like fighting on the job, resigned from a job before a removal was about to be issued for attendance.

I would like to thank anyone how would I approach the misdeeds on the 21 page booklet.

I would say if I make it 1 year, then I could take it a bit easy. Right now, the medicals, fingerprints, and 21 pg booklet I have to be there at 7:30 thus Thursday, almost 2 weeks I took the urine test.

The hassle is the 21 page booklet I have to tell truths about my bad misdeeds like fighting on the job, resigned from a job before a removal was about to be issued for attendance.

I would like to thank anyone how would I approach the misdeeds on the 21 page booklet.

Disclose everything. We have all types of characters working in the subways and a large number of people have way worse misdeed than the few you've disclosed. Disclose what you have anyone as Transit has a zero tolerance for lying. Plus look at it this way. The day you hand in the 21 page booklet is the day they will give you the medical and swear you in. So you'll already have your foot in the door. They may keep a closer watch on you but that would be your opportunity to reflect on those misdeeds and take the time to change anything about yourself you may think might cost you one of the best jobs you can get these days. You can only fire yourself down here.

I know you are on one year probation which includes school car time. How does it take to join the union?

Let me say this and it helps to have this mentality..

We are ALL on probation until we retire!!!!!

You fire yerself down here don't be fooled into thinking they wont do their best to fire you if you run a Homesignal.

With Ten Years in title with no incidents.

Labor Relations is out for blood!