Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just called DCAS and the recording now says. This list is terminated and can no longer be used to fill positions. I really hope this is a computer glitch. It hasn't even been 4 years since we took the exam. Anyone else confirm this recording.

I too called this morning and heard the same thing "8098 list has been terminated and can no longer be used to fill positions". I spoke to a lady and she told me to call 511 since DCAS no longer administers exams for the MTA. I told her that exam was administered by DCAS back in 2009. She said they no longer have information on it that I would have to call that number and select MTA on the menu. During my lunch break I'll give that number a call and see what is going on.

This can't be right??? They havn't even started calling from 8098 and it's terminated?? My notice of results cardthat I received my list number on is dated June 23, 2010. That is when the list was established. It's only been little over 2yrs.

Edited by elantra06

Wow, I called up as well and realised it says it indeed has been established on 9/13/2012. I really thought this would have been established in the spring time from info that I was given, but better late than never right? Hopefully the first few hundred of us should be getting a nice surprise of a letter in the mail within the next few months..

This post was what made me call DCAS this morning and suspect a computer glitch in the automated line. The list was established June 23, 2010 not on September 13, 2012. I still have my notice of results with my list number and the one I received last November saying I qualified based on my work experience/education.

This post was what made me call DCAS this morning and suspect a computer glitch in the automated line. The list was established June 23, 2010 not on September 13, 2012. I still have my notice of results with my list number and the one I received last November saying I qualified based on my work experience/education.

The list was published in 2010 (when we got our score and list #), but it wasn't established until a few days ago. Once a list is established thats when they are supposedly ready to start calling from it

The list was published in 2010 (when we got our score and list #), but it wasn't established until a few days ago. Once a list is established thats when they are supposedly ready to start calling from it

Ok that makes a little sense. I didn't know that. Maybe that's why DCAS no longer has the info for the exam. The list of names were handed over to the MTA and since DCAS no longer handles MTA exams they purge their system. That's may be why the lady told me to contact the MTA for info regarding 8098 this morning.

I spoke to someone from DCAS this morning. I was told that the established date of 9/13 was a mistake so they have it terminating on 9/16 and will re-establish the test on 9/19 definitely. When you call next Sunday the the 23rd, it should say that the list was established on 9/19 and will expire in 4 years from that date. It was basically a computer glitch and MTA didn't want to establish the list until 9/19 so they had to take it down. This is what was told to me from certifications division of Dcas. Don't worry, once it is fully establishe on 9/19, the ball will start rolling. Til then I'm gonna go ahead with this NYC corrections officer process as back up. I have a great list number on 8098 but you must always have a plan B. Just call Dcas again on Sunday 9/23 and check to see if it was updated.

I have a family friend that is a train operator and he told me today, they have already called off the OC list. He let me know around 16 people that he knows went back to being conductors and they are notifying TO's over the radio that they have, he used some abbreviation but I think he means overtime, available everyday. He said they need TO's. When I called a 347 number today, the lady that answered told me they haven't called off the list yet and she didn't know if the recording was correct or not. My friend was very sure they have called a class from the OC list already. He will let me know more when he goes back to work after his 2 days off.

Just talked to someone at NY 511 and the list is NOT terminated she said they will be calling off the exam shortly that's all she said..so ppl on the list are good just a fyi

I called during my lunch break. I was told the same by the lady I spoke too. They have the names and the list isn't terminated. The letters should be mailed out shortly. I just hope she is correct.

I just spoke to a lady with the employment line..she knew exactly wat I was talkn abt so I would say she was credible..I just can't see how this list would b terminated..every1 who works inside or ppl who know ppl inside say they need TOs so where we're they gona get them from just didn't make sense...when will they actually start hiring off the OC list is another story

Wow, you all need to chill out.

Back in 2011, the MTA terminated their arrangement with DCAS to handle hiring. The DCAS would handle any open lists, but from then on the MTA would handle all hiring themselves. Obviously what is happening is the DCAS is handing over 8098 to the MTA, and the MTA will begin calling you themselves off of this list. No way are they just gonna throw out an exam that something like 100,000 people paid $80 to take!

Ok that makes a little sense. I didn't know that. Maybe that's why DCAS no longer has the info for the exam. The list of names were handed over to the MTA and since DCAS no longer handles MTA exams they purge their system of 8098. That's may be why the lady told me to contact the MTA for info regarding 8098 this morning.

Wow, you all need to chill out.

Back in 2011, the MTA terminated their arrangement with DCAS to handle hiring. The DCAS would handle any open lists, but from then on the MTA would handle all hiring themselves. Obviously what is happening is the DCAS is handing over 8098 to the MTA, and the MTA will begin calling you themselves off of this list. No way are they just gonna throw out an exam that something like 100,000 people paid $80 to take!

That's what I eventually figured later this evening.

Edited by elantra06