Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Hello everyone, can anyone confirm the highest number called for DT?

When I called the MTA Employment Center last week they told me #1224. Does anyone know who was the last person hired??? Just called DCAS and it still has #619 last appointed.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I called the MTA Employment Center last week they told me #1224. Does anyone know who was the last person hired??? Just called DCAS and it still has #619 last appointed.

my L# is 910, I was at final processing with some one who was in the 1200's 

OK am I reading this wrong or is the T/O list blowing past faster than the C/R list? If so, I am about 21## on the C/R list and 23## on the T/O list does this mean that they might actually call me for the T/O before the C/R or close to the same time? Ideally I would rather be called for the T/O first and just take that rather than take the C/R then go for the promotion from within or if one is right past the other decline the C?R in favor of the T/O right after.

Does anyone know how many vacation days you get in your first year? I have an overseas flight in October and if I start in the summer I wanted to know if I would be able to get the time off for my October trip for about 5 days....

Does anyone know how many vacation days you get in your first year? I have an overseas flight in October and if I start in the summer I wanted to know if I would be able to get the time off for my October trip for about 5 days....

huhhhh? do you mean if you start school car in the summer 2013 you want 5 days off in Oct.2013???? 

Well if that's the case, that's a NO-NO....

I am not 100% sure, but I remember reading something to the extent of you need to work 1 full year before you can take vacation

Soem one correct me if I'm wrong

you don't get any vacation days your first year. You will accrue 1 day for every full month you work for the following year. For example if you start this month, you would have 6 days to use in 2014. I started in November so i got a big 1 day to use this year.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

well...as far as I know and I remember being told by someone when I once called for some info.... 

some people get "cleared" faster than others...simply because their employment history is shorter ( much faster to confirm/check ) ; some people with longer history should take into consideration that some of their previous employers are not around anylonger/business is closed and so much harder to verify....; for some other people they call previous employers and no one answers and they leave a message but no one calls back and so on.

Drug text is valid 90 days...so if you are approaching 75-80 days......BETTER CALL AND ASK WHAT THE HOLD UP IS>>>>they will tell you

You could also call now and say your friend with a higher # than yours was called in but you were not and would like to know why.

From May 8-9 DT...i would wait till mid June and then call and ask....good luck

The reason why you haven't gotten a call is because there are still classes going on. Once a class is ready to hit the road they start calling a bunch of people for the final processing, the day of the final if all goes well they swear you in and give you a start date.

Hello,

Does anyone have the best contact number to find out if you are still in good standing and if there is any issue with employment history?

Or do they typically contact you if there is an issue?

Hello,

Does anyone have the best contact number to find out if you are still in good standing and if there is any issue with employment history?

Or do they typically contact you if there is an issue?

I am sure if there is an issue or problem you will be contacted immediately. As for the MTA Employment # 1-347-643-8229. Please keep everyone else on here updated on your progress.

When will the list expire?

September.19, 2016.

you don't get any vacation days your first year. You will accrue 1 day for every full month you work for the following year. For example if you start this month, you would have 6 days to use in 2014. I started in November so i got a big 1 day to use this year. Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think it's sick days you are talking about for every month worked. Should have 12 by your year anniversary. Once you hit your year you get 2 weeks vacation.

you don't get any vacation days your first year. You will accrue 1 day for every full month you work for the following year. For example if you start this month, you would have 6 days to use in 2014. I started in November so i got a big 1 day to use this year. Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think it's sick days you are talking about for every month worked. Should have 12 by your year anniversary. Once you hit your year you get 2 weeks vacation.

no sir i am taking about vacation days. If you started in jan, feb or march it doesn't effect you cause you'll get your full 2 weeks for 2014. You are correct about the sick days, you get 1 for every full month completed. The difference is those are available as soon as you complete the month. Trust me, i am 100% sure about the vacation days. I only have 1 day off this year. If you want additional days off you can save your overtime hours (aka oto) or save your vacation days (aka ava).

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I suspect that we are still awaiting announcement of additional classes beyond the June 24th class.

I would LOVE to know how many motormen have been appointed, versus how many the TA needs to hire. My list number is in the high hundreds range and I should have been in the June 24 class. I'm going to have the hold cleared in about two weeks time.

I heard something, somewhere, about schoolcar classes being scheduled on a quarterly basis. If that's the case, and the TA fiscal year follows a standard calendar year, then an announcement for the next class should be coming soon? :::Positive Thinking:::

The reason why you haven't gotten a call is because there are still classes going on. Once a class is ready to hit the road they start calling a bunch of people for the final processing, the day of the final if all goes well they swear you in and give you a start date.

It's no about whether classes are going on or not. There are always classes in session. It's about setting up a class date and getting the TSS personnel in line for the induction date.

There might be a lull for a few months as there may not be any new inductions for July and August due to these months being the most intense for vacations of senior TSS personnel and experienced senior Train Operators who are likely to take students. It's what I heard but time will tell.

I suspect that we are still awaiting announcement of additional classes beyond the June 24th class.

I would LOVE to know how many motormen have been appointed, versus how many the TA needs to hire. I should have been in the June 24 class. I'm going to have the hold cleared in about two weeks time.

I heard something, somewhere, about schoolcar classes being scheduled on a quarterly basis. If that's the case, and the TA fiscal year follows a standard calendar year, then an announcement for the next class should be coming soon? :::Positive Thinking:::

Medical hold for what? If you don't mind sharing it with us...

It's no about whether classes are going on or not. There are always classes in session. It's about setting up a class date and getting the TSS personnel in line for the induction date.

There might be a lull for a few months as there may not be any new inductions for July and August due to these months being the most intense for vacations of senior TSS personnel and experienced senior Train Operators who are likely to take students. It's what I heard but time will tell.

T.O's are always retiring, promoted, demoted, quit, fired, etc. So classes will go on...