Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

T.O's are always retiring, promoted, demoted, quit, fired, etc. So classes will go on...

That's very much true but that's not really where I was going with it. What I was saying is TSS's are needed obviously to conduct classes but summer time is vacation season for all senior employees leading to a shortage of staffing in key areas like field TSS's which if short school car instructors have to go to the field. In January the dates for the February, March and April classes were announced. The May class was announced in April just in case of staffing issues. The June class announced last month. Now we await word on a July class. If there aren't enough instructors then it will get pushed back to either August or September.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's very much true but that's not really where I was going with it. What I was saying is TSS's are needed obviously to conduct classes but summer time is vacation season for all senior employees leading to a shortage of staffing in key areas like field TSS's which if short school car instructors have to go to the field. In January the dates for the February, March and April classes were announced. The May class was announced in April just in case of staffing issues. The June class announced last month. Now we await word on a July class. If there aren't enough instructors then it will get pushed back to either August or September.

RTOPRO is right, they do need to get TSS' to do the classes and with 100 people expected to be hired for the June class I can see school car having a tough time getting people to do anymore classes past June for now.

Exactly...and I do know they are breaking in some new TSS' but they don't let them conduct a class until they've gone through the full instructor training program.

The other side of it is that is a lot of senior T/Os are going out on vacation as well. It defeats the purpose of posting if a student goes to a terminal and can't pick up a trainer because all the senior guys who take students are out on vacation when they show up. It's not that big of a deal about 3 times but more than that is excessive because that's more than 3 days that has to be made up at the end of school car.

Decided to call this morning. The liaison told me that the 6/24 class was filled and the last # hired was 1061. There will be a class in July and August but they just dont have the dates confirmed yet.

Thanks Calvin, really good news!!!

Medical hold for what? If you don't mind sharing it with us...

I take a legally-prescibed medication that is "prohibited in public safety-sensitive" job titles. I am ceasing this medication as per the MTA doctor's orders. I plan to return to the MTA-MAC as soon as possible in order to be cleared. I want the job, so I have to comply with their policy.

When will the list expire?

September 2016

Decided to call this morning. The liaison told me that the 6/24 class was filled and the last # hired was 1061. There will be a class in July and August but they just dont have the dates confirmed yet.

Alright!! Moves me up in seniority..lol. Seriously though, I'm happy more people are coming in. Congrats to those who made the June class.

September 2016

Alright!! Moves me up in seniority..lol. Seriously though, I'm happy more people are coming in. Congrats to those who made the June class.

Yes. If you are the lowest list-number in your class, you will have seniority above the rest of your class. This is from my father; retired TSS. I take that as valid, unless something has changed in the last few years.

I suspect that we are still awaiting announcement of additional classes beyond the June 24th class.

I would LOVE to know how many motormen have been appointed, versus how many the TA needs to hire. My list number is in the 925-975 range and I should have been in the June 24 class (medical hold.) I'm going to have the hold cleared in about two weeks time.

I heard something, somewhere, about schoolcar classes being scheduled on a quarterly basis. If that's the case, and the TA fiscal year follows a standard calendar year, then an announcement for the next class should be coming soon? :::Positive Thinking:::

I forgot the exact # but from what I heard from a supervisor they are short about1000 maybe more of TOs already. So they need to hire alot of people. They will definitely continue to have classes. So the many who are still waiting to get called you will get the call. Stay Positive and be patience.

I forgot the exact # but from what I heard from a supervisor they are short about1000 maybe more of TOs already. So they need to hire alot of people. They will definitely continue to have classes. So the many who are still waiting to get called you will get the call. Stay Positive and be patience.

That's awesome! I went down to 180 this week to clear my medical hold for T/O. I was told by the HR desk that June 24th is filled (which I already knew.) I was also informed, by the woman who oversees T/O hiring, that there will be a July class. They just don't know the date yet. I cleared my hold, and hopefully I'll get into the July class.

To anyone who's gone for "processing": What is that like? TA wouldn't reveal many details, except that it's an all-day affair. What exactly happens? You sit with an investigator, painstakingly reviewing the 21-page booklet; stuff like that? Curious to know what I'll be in for. Thanks!

To anyone who's gone for "processing": What is that like? TA wouldn't reveal many details, except that it's an all-day affair. What exactly happens? You sit with an investigator, painstakingly reviewing the 21-page booklet; stuff like that? Curious to know what I'll be in for. Thanks!

Yeah what the process.

That's awesome! I went down to 180 this week to clear my medical hold for T/O. I was told by the HR desk that June 24th is filled (which I already knew.) I was also informed, by the woman who oversees T/O hiring, that there will be a July class. They just don't know the date yet. I cleared my hold, and hopefully I'll get into the July class.

Its been mentioned here about 50 thousand times, you need to look back at all the comments. Not trying to be a dick but its been mentioned 50 thousand times.

Hello all

I received the letter to go to 1 centre st today for my veteran credit, my list #is 2978, what is my possibility for getting called? And what is next step in process?

I went down for the same thing yesterday. all that process was is to verify that with eligible for the five or ten points. we still have to wait like everyone else to be called so honestly don't read too much into it.

I went through the same decision stating I want to be in asap. Who cares about seniority. I had no choice what division class I will be in. I started to enjoy the A division more because you need to know 2 types of trains and fewer lines to post although it is about 1 to 1 1/2 hour commute.

Received the same letter in the mail like I did in early May for preinterview and medical examination. 

Called employment and it's another round of drug tests? So I have to do the exact same thing again as a month and a half ago then wait for a call for final processing?