Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a family friend that is a train operator and he told me today, they have already called off the OC list. He let me know around 16 people that he knows went back to being conductors and they are notifying TO's over the radio that they have, he used some abbreviation but I think he means overtime, available everyday. He said they need TO's. When I called a 347 number today, the lady that answered told me they haven't called off the list yet and she didn't know if the recording was correct or not. My friend was very sure they have called a class from the OC list already. He will let me know more when he goes back to work after his 2 days off.

NO ONE FROM THE OPEN LIST HAS BEEN CALLED YET

I just called 347-643-8229, I was told that is the direct line to the MTA employment center. I asked the lady that answered about exam#8098 and she informed me they haven't started calling from that list yet. I asked her if the list was terminated and she said it is not terminated, they just haven't started calling from that list yet. Not sure when they will start either.

Funny, if you look at the thread for the promo list. Guys were calling the automated line and getting updates on who was being called and what number they were up to and such. Problem with these threads, they are mostly opinions...... I'll waste my time and check next Sunday anyhow. Couldn't hurt, I'll let ya know how that turns out.

The promotional list for Train Operator has been exhausted. We are hiring 40 T/Os on 10/22; 40 T/Os on 11/12 and 40 T/Os on 12/3. they have to be coming from somewhere. Therefore, the open-competitive list has not been terminated. The people at the top of the list should be getting called for medicals any day now. Along with this , we are also hiring 10 C/Rs on 9/24; 20 C/Rs on 10/8; 20 C/Rs on 11/12; 20 C/Rs on 12/3; 12 ATDs on 10/1 and 10 TSSs on 10/1. Divisions will be announced for all hourly positions on the Tuesday AFTER hiring. This will be the only time I will put this out, so if you need to know, copy this post to somewhere you can find it. You may now all go back to your rumor-mongering.

RIGHT out of the Schoolcar Horses Mouth!

The promotional list for Train Operator has been exhausted. We are hiring 40 T/Os on 10/22; 40 T/Os on 11/12 and 40 T/Os on 12/3. they have to be coming from somewhere. Therefore, the open-competitive list has not been terminated. The people at the top of the list should be getting called for medicals any day now. Along with this , we are also hiring 10 C/Rs on 9/24; 20 C/Rs on 10/8; 20 C/Rs on 11/12; 20 C/Rs on 12/3; 12 ATDs on 10/1 and 10 TSSs on 10/1. Divisions will be announced for all hourly positions on the Tuesday AFTER hiring. This will be the only time I will put this out, so if you need to know, copy this post to somewhere you can find it. You may now all go back to your rumor-mongering.

Hmmm....Who wrote that!

Yep this is sure true. I just saw on the NY Chief they just certified sections on the TSS' and ATD's list for hiring. Pretty soon it'll show what list numbers are certified for T/O postitions.

Yes exactly what RTOman posted. However they are starving for School car TSS's they had a memo since Aug for any TSS with over 2 years to apply. Not many or maybe no takers. So now deadline is extended and now it's open to any TSS who wants school car so those new TSS can be sent to teach. I been tapped for it but have also declined it. I love the road.

A small price to pay to be able to do something you've wanted to do since age 5 :)

If yer single (like me) you deal, i Did. :)

I known of marriages that got broken up due to the Extra Extra Game just keep that mindset and you will be fine...

Having no life will continue while you're extra extra, no set RDOs or tour. :)

Still if the mindset is right one can handle it..

Thats the key though you gotta come down here with that!

Edited by RTOMan