Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Received the same letter in the mail like I did in early May for preinterview and medical examination. 

Called employment and it's another round of drug tests? So I have to do the exact same thing again as a month and a half ago then wait for a call for final processing?

List# range? I took my DT 5/9. I hope I dont have to take another day off of work to travel to NY to do the same thing, dont get me wrong I will if i have too.

Edited by CalvinSC

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The drug test last 60 days. I took mine 5/10 My new letter is for 7/10 I went thru the same thing for C/R. Its another Drug test. they will CALL YOU for a medical and final processing.

I just called HR, I have to call back on Monday because the head of the dept is on vacation, but the women over the phone told me the DT is good for 90 days, so this might be for the medical. I'll get back to you guys on Monday to verify this.

I just called HR, I have to call back on Monday because the head of the dept is on vacation, but the women over the phone told me the DT is good for 90 days, so this might be for the medical. I'll get back to you guys on Monday to verify this.

Guess i'll call monday as well.

It's very strange to get another drug test letter so soon, was just there in May, now have to go back 7/3. We're going to be jamming up their phones on Monday! Trying not to miss any days of schoolcar until the medical.

call because I hate calling there. I can feel thru the phone that I'm bothering them.

I feel the same but I need to know what's going on, so I can let my schoolcar instructors know. If they didn't want so many calls they should make less mistakes.

So your in school car already but also got a DT letter?

7/10 gotta go down for another DT, hopefully doesnt take long because thats all that has to be done.

So your in school car already but also got a DT letter?

7/10 gotta go down for another DT, hopefully doesnt take long because thats all that has to be done.

I'm in C/R schoolcar, so I need to know what's going on since is have to miss or be late for class. It's just too soon to have to re take the drug test, it's been barely two months. This process is getting more tedious with each title I go to :-/

They are known for making mistakes down there over and over again. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I would keep calling and calling until I get the right answer.

What He↑↑↑↑ said.

Just spoke to someone in HR, its another drug test in preparation for a August/Sept Class so the DT's won't have to be expired by the time they call you for the final processing. Thank you.

Meant to post the same thing but I got busy @ work.

Just spoke to someone in HR, its another drug test in preparation for a August/Sept Class so the DT's won't have to be expired by the time they call you for the final processing. Thank you.

I assume that means no class for July then?

250 ROAD hours, is top pay.

dagenius69 is right it's road days, but it's also to my understanding that it's 231 road days. Which takes approximately 1 year to get to from hire if working consistently without any extended time off-duty for any reason.

I am still waiting to be called for final processing, hopefully for the July 29 class.

I should have been in the June 24 class; instead, I was put on medical hold. I cleared hold on June 18 (too late for the June class.)

I was then told to have my name "restored to the eligible list" by DCAS. So that same day, I went down to Centre St. and did so.

TA said I should hear something in about two weeks. Tomorrow will be two weeks since I cleared hold.

I have checked my list status with DCAS for the past two weeks, and I get the same (conflicting) message. At first, the automated system (212-669-1357) says "You are on the list for this exam". When I select the option for more information, it then says "Your name has been removed from the list". WTF? I have called DCAS several times for an explanation, and I get differing responses: a) The TA hasn't requested the list for an upcoming class yet, or b) the TA hasn't informed DCAS that I've cleared my hold, or c) maybe your restoration request hasn't been processed by DCAS. This is nerve-wracking.

Upon completing my restoration request at Centre St, on June 18, I faxed a letter to 180 Livingston (attn: Shivers) that included a scan of the restoration "receipt". I received no response to that fax.

For the week of June 24-28, it appeared as if Ms. Shivers was on vacation.

I sent her an e-mail yesterday, and left a voicemail today, inquiring about my status. In all, I have followed every step dictated to me by both the TA, and DCAS. It just seems that communication is sporadic, information is released in drips, and coordination between departments is minimal.

I am very eager to get called for processing, and I don't want to be left behind!

DT: 5/2/13

1st Medical: 5/16/13

Cleared hold: 6/18/13

Trying to be patient!