Youtube & Negative Comments..

Myke2010

Our hobby is a small hobby where there is not that many of us. However quite often i run into modelers who bash other train collectors, modelers of this network and i always wonder why?.. One of my friends had a stalker who follows him & post negative comments constantly for what?

I don't have a layout & i probably won't ever have a layout, but i like to run my trains on EZ track from time to time. i would post my videos to inspire others to post there. My purpose for posting them is to motivate others to post their layouts.

So my question is why is there so much negative energy in the model train community on youtube & message boards, what is the point?... Our community is not as large as it once was, so why not be supportive of your fellow train hobbyist...

Our hobby is a small hobby where there is not that many of us. However quite often i run into modelers who bash other train collectors, modelers of this network and i always wonder why?.. One of my friends had a stalker who follows him & post negative comments constantly for what?

I don't have a layout & i probably won't ever have a layout, but i like to run my trains on EZ track from time to time. i would post my videos to inspire others to post there. My purpose for posting them is to motivate others to post their layouts.

So my question is why is there so much negative energy in the model train community on youtube & message boards, what is the point?... Our community is not as large as it once was, so why not be supportive of your fellow train hobbyist...

1. Trolls.

2. E-Bullies.

3. People who are just anti-anything.

Jealously, huge egos and many other factors. Transit community is the most dramatic community I ever came across. Instead of helping each other and coming together as unison.....there's a clash. Its bad enough ppl don't understand why we like trains but as a transit community we can't get along!

I don't understand neg comments to begin with ,I mean you take the time and effort to get the great making of Video ,Then some ass has the nerve to bash it but I'd tell ya this...1 day you might hear something about it from someone who knows about this prob ....Then take care of it.

I saw A neg comment on 1 of my xxclusives ,I think 4810 and I was like WHAT....the nerve ANYWAYYY good luck with your videos and dont stop.:tup:

They should automatically put that person or person's name up who ever put negative so you know the prick

There was a study done by psychologists once saying about how people tend to be nastier in front of the computer than they would be in person.

One possible factor is the fact that you're sitting in front of a computer and not confronting others in person; therefore it's easier to say mean things that otherwise you wouldn't say in front of their face. (Basically you know that if you troll on the computer, you won't get a fist back at you)

There was a study done by psychologists once saying about how people tend to be nastier in front of the computer than they would be in person.

One possible factor is the fact that you're sitting in front of a computer and not confronting others in person; therefore it's easier to say mean things that otherwise you wouldn't say in front of their face. (Basically you know that if you troll on the computer, you won't get a fist back at you)

However you will get CONFRONTED at the Holiday Train you little sumbitches

Come on Bill, as if that wasn't obvious enough

Jealously, huge egos and many other factors. Transit community is the most dramatic community I ever came across. Instead of helping each other and coming together as unison.....there's a clash. Its bad enough ppl don't understand why we like trains but as a transit community we can't get along!

I do notice the lack of unity in this community, but is there really that much drama (I am still relatively new, so I don't know about the altercations that go on in these forums). One really fantastic aspect of this forum is that you guys can be really supporting and kind to each other. On the negative side of things I really don't see any "group fanrips" happening very often. Once in awhile someone post up one or two trips a month but thats it. As for the YouTube channel that I have, I've never received any negative feedback at all. All of my comments and subscribers are positive.

I do notice the lack of unity in this community, but is there really that much drama (I am still relatively new, so I don't know about the altercations that go on in these forums). One really fantastic aspect of this forum is that you guys can be really supporting and kind to each other. On the negative side of things I really don't see any "group fanrips" happening very often. Once in awhile someone post up one or two trips a month but thats it. As for the YouTube channel that I have, I've never received any negative feedback at all. All of my comments and subscribers are positive.

Its drama and then some. As for group fan trips it used to be some on here but that went hell in a hand basket b/c ppl not showing up, this one don't like this one, I don't want to fan this line b/c, etc etc. You just started on YT (YouTube) give it a while and you'll see some negative feedbacks soon enough!

Its funny this was brought up. I would say, in the past 2 months, I received at least 4 negative comments about my layout.. I usually delete the comment as soon as I receive the email and read the comment. I have a lot of followers on my page, and I don't need any dead wood lying around..

Its drama and then some. As for group fan trips it used to be some on here but that went hell in a hand basket b/c ppl not showing up, this one don't like this one, I don't want to fan this line b/c, etc etc. You just started on YT (YouTube) give it a while and you'll see some negative feedbacks soon enough!

In your eyes what is negative feedback? When I see "why would you post a boring train video?" or "who the hell cares about trains?" I ignore it because it shows how ignorant people are at times. It should not be confused with hate because it's not. As for the group fanning trips why don't we as a collective whole start doing them again? I guarantee you that a lot of people would still want to do them, they are just afraid that people will not show up. We should all just make an active effort to come together as a group, and unite. All of joined this forum to find people just like ourselves. Why don't we start taking action and actually do something about these issues instead of sitting back and complaining about them?

In your eyes what is negative feedback? When I see "why would you post a boring train video?" or "who the hell cares about trains?" I ignore it because it shows how ignorant people are at times. It should not be confused with hate because it's not. As for the group fanning trips why don't we as a collective whole start doing them again? I guarantee you that a lot of people would still want to do them, they are just afraid that people will not show up. We should all just make an active effort to come together as a group, and unite. All of joined this forum to find people just like ourselves. Why don't we start taking action and actually do something about these issues instead of sitting back and complaining about them?

I have gotten comments like "Do you have a life?", "why you posted this crap"...etc etc. I cuss them out and then block them or i remove the comment and then block them. If someone disagree with you they will rate your video a thumbs down. To be honest I'm not wasting my time or efforts of starting a railfan trip group b/c I already smell the bullcrap a mile away. I rather fan with 3-5 ppl I'm cool with, we get along and get the equipment we're looking for and keep it moving. No negativity, no drama....just lots of laughs and jokes. I've seen ppl show their true colors on here and I refuse to deal with their non-sense. If I know you not about drama then I hang with you. I'm too grown to deal with childish behavior especially with ppl over 21 and that's my 2 cents on this!

I have gotten comments like "Do you have a life?", "why you posted this crap"...etc etc. I cuss them out and then block them or i remove the comment and then block them. If someone disagree with you they will rate your video a thumbs down. To be honest I'm not wasting my time or efforts of starting a railfan trip group b/c I already smell the bullcrap a mile away. I rather fan with 3-5 ppl I'm cool with, we get along and get the equipment we're looking for and keep it moving. No negativity, no drama....just lots of laughs and jokes. I've seen ppl show their true colors on here and I refuse to deal with their non-sense. If I know you not about drama then I hang with you. I'm too grown to deal with childish behavior especially with ppl over 21 and that's my 2 cents on this!

I agree with you because I see some of the silly stuff that goes on in this forum. I also agree with the fan trips to an extent. I do not want someone telling me what subway line to fan. The only point that I really want to stress here is that I hope to see more positive people on this forum who are willing to communicate with each other in a civilized and respectful manner. It is disgusting to see a forum post with so many negative connotations in it. Also when I signed on to this forum I hoped that there would be people who were open to meeting new people and having a good time no matter what. I wanted to meet people who were willing to fan a route with a new person. That is not what I found here. Don't get me wrong there are really fantastic aspects of this community but there is a lot that could be improved on as well. I don't want to have to deal with negativity when I get on a forum. I just want to have a nice time when I come on here.

Some aspects of this forum remind me of my damn high school.

I agree with you because I see some of the silly stuff that goes on in this forum. I also agree with the fan trips to an extent. I do not want someone telling me what subway line to fan. The only point that I really want to stress here is that I hope to see more positive people on this forum who are willing to communicate with each other in a civilized and respectful manner. It is disgusting to see a forum post with so many negative connotations in it. Also when I signed on to this forum I hoped that there would be people who were open to meeting new people and having a good time no matter what. I wanted to meet people who were willing to fan a route with a new person. That is not what I found here. Don't get me wrong there are really fantastic aspects of this community but there is a lot that could be improved on as well. I don't want to have to deal with negativity when I get on a forum. I just want to have a nice time when I come on here.

Some aspects of this forum remind me of my damn high school.

Its not really the forum.....its the ppl that makes the forums look bad but then again most of the bad apples in the transit community make bad for others who do the good in this community....its everywhere not just on here, YouTube and other forums and/or places!

Its not really the forum.....its the ppl that makes the forums look bad but then again most of the bad apples in the transit community make bad for others who do the good in this community....its everywhere not just on here, YouTube and other forums and/or places!

Agreed. I just wish there were more social gatherings around here. I like every single line and every single car of this system but is no one here is willing to fan. It gets kind of boring talking about trains and buses all the time. I want to be out their with people of similar interest (because none of my school friends would be willing to do this) fanning the lines.

Agreed. I just wish there were more social gatherings around here. I like every single line and every single car of this system but is no one here is willing to fan. It gets kind of boring talking about trains and buses all the time. I want to be out their with people of similar interest (because none of my school friends would be willing to do this) fanning the lines.

I agree.....I may not like certain trains and buses but I'm still willing to rail/busfan what's out there. Its my hobby and I'm not giving it up no time soon!

My issues for railfaining are mostly money issues these days... lol i wouldn't have a problem meeting people because i wouldn't judge people i don't know yet. If i were to meet them & not like them, then the next time i would go on my merry way.

This forum is by far one of the best one's because everyone i have encountered have been very supportive.

In regards to what one poster said, no there on some train fans who bash other people like the one i was refering to. Most times we are all at these same train shows together. You may even speak to the person in passing or hold a conversation not even realizing that is the same person you post on the message boards with.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't had a negative comment in over two years now, which is because of two things.

1. I have yet to upload a video.

2. I ignore every and all comments where railfans/busfans are arguing and just post a positive comment and leave.

I'll upload a video eventually, but I'm still skeptical on whether I should or not, but I'm probably going to say f**k it and just upload any way.:P

i like when people post their videos because people are soooooooooooooo creative & they inspire me & give me ideas for when i set up my stations & what not. if i don't like something about a rail video i just don't comment.

There was this one video where the modeler had these really nice commuter trains that are not cheap that he just crashed on purpose, i just thought to myself dummy, but i never typed it on his page... lol

Archived