Timers: what they are here for & the most annoying one(s)

TriboroughBridge

Also, another few areas that piss me off for having timers, are, southbound (2), (3), (4) & (5) trains leavings Nevins St, they always crawl out of that station heading for Atlantic Ave, why?

(2) & (3) trains between Brooklyn Museum & Franklin Ave, both directions, why?

& northbound (4) & (5) trains between Franklin & Atlantic Aves. Please dont say because of the curve onto Flatbush Ave, cause even after the curve they still have timers, why? and by the way, southbound (4) & (5) train heading to Franklin Ave from Atlantic Ave swing by that curve at full speed, so how could the timers be there on the northbound track for the curve?

You're a very angry man when it comes to these timers aren't you? Take a deep breath once in awhile otherwise you'll hurt yourself.

Also, timers are not just for curves, they're from grades as well, either rising or falling, hence the term "GT" or "grade time". I doubt the trains swing the curve at "full speed"--you've brought that up here a few times only to be shot down.

Lastly--I can't figure out if you're upset about the trains going too fast or too slow? You gripe about the trains crawling at certain points, but going too fast at other ones. Make up your mind?

Well IRT local between Eastern Pkwy and Franklin is on a downgrade s/b. Northbound, no idea, and that homeball clears at 12mph (although it says GT 25 lol). It's not the curve, its all downhill from the Grand Army Plaza area to Atlantic. Notice that the Brighton, which also runs on Flatbush, also has timers from 7Av on down to Atlantic. The reason it comes up between Prospect Pk and 7Av after initially downhill/flat (before that dip halfway in 7Av itself) is because the IRT is above it.

Thanks! I'm just very curious to know about a lot of timers. but whats the deal with the timers south of Nevins St?

Also, another few areas that piss me off for having timers, are, southbound (2), (3), (4) & (5) trains leavings Nevins St, they always crawl out of that station heading for Atlantic Ave, why?

The southbound express track has a single timer between Nevins and Atlantic, but the southbound local track does not. Why (2) and (3) trains still sometimes snail through that stretch, I don't know. To be honest I think that timer does more harm than good and only helps contribute to the (4) and (5) train backlog during Rush Hour, but I guess the (MTA) is concerned about a train derailing on the switches or something.

Archived