Proposal for South Bronx

tripleeye49

Well I have taken it in the A.M. Rush, and it is definitely justified. Also as I have stated before it is between E. 169th Street and Harlem where the Bx15 is the most crowded. North of there absolutely, it is not often crowded.

Remember the Bx55 used to run during the late night hours itself; when it was eliminated (during late night hours) they made Bx15 do the Bronx Shuttle runs (149 - Fordham) every 20 minutes. There are 4 buses that run during that time. 2 to Harlem and 2 that only run in the Bronx.

Anyways this is about the Bx17 more so than the Bx15 (see original post).

What I would love to see in the next 20 years in that neighborhood.

Bx17: Harlem - Fordham Plaza (135th Street, 138th Street, Brook / St. Ann's Avenue, 149th Street, Prospect Avenue, Crotona Avenue, Fordham Road)

Bx32: Kingsbridge - Port Morris (Hospital, Kingsbridge Road, Jerome, 176th St., Morris Avenue, E. 138th Street, Bruckner Blvd./E. 132nd Street or Walnut Avenue)

Now I would be stretching things with below:

Bx13: Washington Heights - Port Morris (Normal route, then E. 161 Street, Brook / St. Ann's Avenue, Bruckner Blvd./E.132nd Street.

Triboro RX trains (K) and (M) trains with stops at E. 143rd Street and St. Ann's Avenue / E. 149th Street. The (M) would run with the (N) to Gun Hill Road. The (K) would run to Yankee Stadium.

2nd Avenue service to Gun Hill Road via Third Avenue (N) train (I'd make the (Q) go to Astoria then), and eventually Co-Op City.

E 143 st? E 149? You know the letters won't run on number lines!

The Bx17 and Bx32 idea sounds good, but I say leave the Bx13 as is!

Those are some good ideas, but with the whole Bx13/17/StAnns thing, Do they really need 2 routes on St. Anns?

Can we just kill the Bx55 already and replace it with LTD service on the BX15. Split the Bx15 out of KB and WF and during rush hours have like every 3rd bus go to Gun Hill.

While on the topic changing Bx Routes: Do something to the BX9, LTD service, POP, something because it's painfully slow. LTD service on the BX3,10,19, 28 and 40. Bring back the old Bx24 starting at mosholu and fieldston run mosholu to 256 to riverdale, then follow the 10 to 231, then the 7 to 225, then the 9 to bailey, then bailey and sedgwick to fordham, then the 12 to fordham plaza. kill the BX20 (it doesn't do anything and the whole 246 terminal sucks). just my 2 cents

Not a bad idea kill the Bx55, Have the Bx15 run from Gun Hill to 125

And I can see a 19 LTD

But on the 10? Nah.. Not even on the Bx3 can I see it, BUT the Bx36.. Yes. That needs a limited badly

If no LTD on the Bx3, then Artics are needed on this line and maybe make people pay before boarding (ala SBS). The buses bunch way too much on this route and even with bunching it's still packed 90% of the time. I could see LTD service working on the BX9 if it's done correctly.

Split the Bx28 out of KB, to improve reliablity on the Fordham Ctr runs (you wait 20 mins during rush hours and I don't know why) and maybe some of the BX40 runs. KB maybe 1 of the the worst depot in the city (horrible O5) but when they get a new route they step up the service. The Bx28 and Bx40/42 are known for having service issues. Give GH the BX8 and 31 (if the Bx34 runs out of GH, then I don't see a problem with them having the 31 again). I feel that KB should get the Bx12 local and GH the SBS Bx12. The 2 aren't interlined so it wouldn't be a problem KB already has summer runs on BX12. Take Artics off the BX4 and Bx39 expect for rush hours. GH then loses artics because so they can send some to KB and WF add Artics on the Bx3,7 and 36 to name a few.

If no LTD on the Bx3, then Artics are needed on this line and maybe make people pay before boarding (ala SBS). The buses bunch way too much on this route and even with bunching it's still packed 90% of the time. I could see LTD service working on the BX9 if it's done correctly.

Split the Bx28 out of KB, to improve reliablity on the Fordham Ctr runs (you wait 20 mins during rush hours and I don't know why) and maybe some of the BX40 runs. KB maybe 1 of the the worst depot in the city (horrible O5) but when they get a new route they step up the service. The Bx28 and Bx40/42 are known for having service issues. Give GH the BX8 and 31 (if the Bx34 runs out of GH, then I don't see a problem with them having the 31 again). I feel that KB should get the Bx12 local and GH the SBS Bx12. The 2 aren't interlined so it wouldn't be a problem KB already has summer runs on BX12. Take Artics off the BX4 and Bx39 expect for rush hours. GH then loses artics because so they can send some to KB and WF add Artics on the Bx3,7 and 36 to name a few.

I would co sign this....

I dunno why they even put the Bx8 and Bx31 in WF. If anything the Bx9, and Bx40/42 sould have went to WF. I agree with pulling artics off the Bx4 and 39 and having Limited stops on the Bx9 and artics on the Bx3. I'm starting to see artics on the Bx36, & M100 more and more when I go outside my house. I guess that's a good thing!

E 143 st? E 149? You know the letters won't run on number lines!

The Bx17 and Bx32 idea sounds good, but I say leave the Bx13 as is!

The site below talks more about the Triboro Rx service that would run from Yankee Stadium to Bay Ridge, and good thing is they already have the right of way to set it up. I would call that route the (K) and have the (M) run with it. The southern terminal of the (M) I would then make Chambers Street.

http://www.streetsblog.org/2007/06/29/triboro-rx-could-provide-more-transit-opportunities/

Those are some good ideas, but with the whole Bx13/17/StAnns thing, Do they really need 2 routes on St. Anns?

Can we just kill the Bx55 already and replace it with LTD service on the BX15. Split the Bx15 out of KB and WF and during rush hours have like every 3rd bus go to Gun Hill.

While on the topic changing Bx Routes: Do something to the BX9, LTD service, POP, something because it's painfully slow. LTD service on the BX3,10,19, 28 and 40. Bring back the old Bx24 starting at mosholu and fieldston run mosholu to 256 to riverdale, then follow the 10 to 231, then the 7 to 225, then the 9 to bailey, then bailey and sedgwick to fordham, then the 12 to fordham plaza. kill the BX20 (it doesn't do anything and the whole 246 terminal sucks). just my 2 cents

I agree with you on the Bx15

Bx15 Local: 138th or 149th Street - Gun Hill Road (All Times)

Harlem to Fordham Plaza (Late Nights)

Bx15 Limited: Harlem - Fordham Plaza (Except Nights)

Late night service is divided between Harlem and Fordham or the S. Bronx and Williamsbridge as stated above. That keeps it at running four buses at night.

The full route at every 20 minutes would require more at least two more buses since the Bronx shuttle (as they call it) runs 20 minutes from terminals and the Harlem buses runs from terminal to terminal in an hour.

All Bx15 buses articulated.

The Bx3 I would agree with articulated buses

The Bx19 should have limited stop service (except nights)

The Bx40 and Bx42 should have limited stop rush hour service

I agree with you on the Bx15

Bx15 Local: 138th or 149th Street - Gun Hill Road (All Times)

Harlem to Fordham Plaza (Late Nights)

Bx15 Limited: Harlem - Fordham Plaza (Except Nights)

Late night service is divided between Harlem and Fordham or the S. Bronx and Williamsbridge as stated above. That keeps it at running four buses at night.

The full route at every 20 minutes would require more at least two more buses since the Bronx shuttle (as they call it) runs 20 minutes from terminals and the Harlem buses runs from terminal to terminal in an hour.

All Bx15 buses articulated.

The Bx3 I would agree with articulated buses

The Bx19 should have limited stop service (except nights)

The Bx40 and Bx42 should have limited stop rush hour service

So the CNGs from the Bx15 should go to routes like the Bx14, 18 (I don't know which depot runs the 18), and 32 if that happens IMO.

So the CNGs from the Bx15 should go to routes like the Bx14, 18 (I don't know which depot runs the 18), and 32 if that happens IMO.

Since when is KB (Bx18/32) capable of handling CNG buses? GH maybe because 7560 tested there on the Bx28 but KB is out on that. If the BX15 were to be given LTD Service, it could keep the CNG's but it has to be split with KB because the LTD replaces the 55. Hybrids are needed on most of the KB routes with all those old people in the NW Bx, IMO.

Basically this is what the Depots should look like

()=split

KB: Bx1-3,7,9,10,12 local,13,(15),18,20*,24*,(28),32,(40/42 because I think they're interlined),41,M100

GH:Bx4,5,8,12 SBS,14,16,22,25/26,(28),29,30,31,34,39, (40/42)

WF:Bx6,11,(15),17,19,21,27,35,36

AMS/MCH: M1,2,7,18,30,98 and Bx33 why its at WF I have no idea

*if the Bx20 is canned bring back the old BX24 with better service connecting Riverdale,225 and Fordham Plz. If not leave the worthless Bx20 at KB.

Since when is KB (Bx18/32) capable of handling CNG buses? GH maybe because 7560 tested there on the Bx28 but KB is out on that. If the BX15 were to be given LTD Service, it could keep the CNG's but it has to be split with KB because the LTD replaces the 55. Hybrids are needed on most of the KB routes with all those old people in the NW Bx, IMO.

Basically this is what the Depots should look like

()=split

KB: Bx1-3,7,9,10,12 local,13,(15),18,20*,24*,(28),32,(40/42 because I think they're interlined),41,M100

GH:Bx4,5,8,12 SBS,14,16,22,25/26,(28),29,30,31,34,39, (40/42)

WF:Bx6,11,(15),17,19,21,27,35,36

AMS/MCH: M1,2,7,18,30,98 and Bx33 why its at WF I have no idea

*if the Bx20 is canned bring back the old BX24 with better service connecting Riverdale,225 and Fordham Plz. If not leave the worthless Bx20 at KB.

Uhh I'm talking about changing which depot runs those routes, I used to see CNGs on the 14...

Well that is why KB is suppose to get Hybrids. Alot of complaints had came in about the HF buses that are on the line now, since it used to be mainly LF buses.......

The Bx18 is a KB route, but that last bus of the day is a Westbound Bx11 that terminated at Grand Concourse, and becomes a Bx18. This is of course your CNG West Farm depot bus........

Well that is why KB is suppose to get Hybrids. Alot of complaints had came in about the HF buses that are on the line now, since it used to be mainly LF buses.......

The Bx18 is a KB route, but that last bus of the day is a Westbound Bx11 that terminated at Grand Concourse, and becomes a Bx18. This is of course your CNG West Farm depot bus........

Ohh I'm SO fanning this...Hope the AC is off... :eek: I'll be so pissed if it's a WF 400 series. :mad:

If KB gets Hybrids, they will end up like LGAs, or even worse. Just look @ what they did to thier "repainted" D60HF.

1004473fk3.jpg

Ohh I'm SO fanning this...Hope the AC is off... :eek: I'll be so pissed if it's a WF 400 series. :mad:

If KB gets Hybrids, they will end up like LGAs, or even worse. Just look @ what they did to thier "repainted" D60HF.

1004473fk3.jpg

Lawlz... now you see, if you have a black back on that bus, you can't see too much of that... Point of proof, that happens on Fresh Pond's hybrids, but those have black backs, so you only see it on the (MTA) New York City Bus logo...

Back on topic. From what I've ridden, LGA's hybrids are holding up well. They don't feel different from any other in the system. Now when they need maintenance, we shall see...

Lawlz... now you see, if you have a black back on that bus, you can't see too much of that... Point of proof, that happens on Fresh Pond's hybrids, but those have black backs, so you only see it on the (MTA) New York City Bus logo...

Back on topic. From what I've ridden, LGA's hybrids are holding up well. They don't feel different from any other in the system. Now when they need maintenance, we shall see...

This is also seen on many 6400s, even a whiteback one I saw on video. :eek:

1004473fk3.jpg

LET NOT MAKE IT A kB thing because iseen the same thing on artics from 100st, 126st, MJQ, WF, and GH!

LET NOT MAKE IT A kB thing because iseen the same thing on artics from 100st, 126st, MJQ, WF, and GH!
I ain't ever see an Artic from WF with a burn like that! I wonder why Blackback Artics ain't get burned, all you gotta do is look @ the MTA NYC Bus decal on the back to tell if it is. It might have something to do with the vent they added, or after they repaint them they leave em for dead.

I ain't ever see an Artic from WF with a burn like that! I wonder why Blackback Artics ain't get burned, all you gotta do is look @ the MTA NYC Bus decal on the back to tell if it is. It might have something to do with the vent they added, or after they repaint them they leave em for dead.

Speaking of which, 5657 is still sitting in the Farms yard OOS. It is in the same spot that it was last year, looking like a crispy back critter......

Uhh I'm talking about changing which depot runs those routes, I used to see CNGs on the 14...

When did the 14 run out of West Farms? I always remember seeing GH buses on the 14...

Are they going to fix 5657? or are they just to lazy to scrap it?

About KB getting Hybrids, there's a FP 649X and an LGA 35XX sitting in WF now so we'll see if they're KB bound.

When did the 14 run out of West Farms? I always remember seeing GH buses on the 14...

Are they going to fix 5657? or are they just to lazy to scrap it?

About KB getting Hybrids, there's a FP 649X and an LGA 35XX sitting in WF now so we'll see if they're KB bound.

It was a long time ago, don't remember exactly but I seen 7702 on it while on the Bx12, this was before I started taking the 14 route.

Bx17 runs past nearly every public school and secondary school in the Bx from start to finish and is overcrowded nearly all day. Running artics would be great except one small stretch between 183/Grote St. It's so narrow two artics couldn't pass each other.

As far as running it into Harlem, not a good idea. I'd rather see it terminate at 138St. (Bx1/Bx21/Bx41) where there are options on continuing into Harlem. How about increasing runs on the Bx33?

Bx17 runs past nearly every public school and secondary school in the Bx from start to finish and is overcrowded nearly all day. Running artics would be great except one small stretch between 183/Grote St. It's so narrow two artics couldn't pass each other.

As far as running it into Harlem, not a good idea. I'd rather see it terminate at 138St. (Bx1/Bx21/Bx41) where there are options on continuing into Harlem. How about increasing runs on the Bx33?

Artics are the same exact width as those Vs and VII CNGs, 102 inches wide.

Archived