2 from Dyre Program

GreatOne2k

Is there actually (2) from Dyre program (to either Flatbush or Chambers), or do all the trains during this GO have no announcements until E 180 St?

Yes.

Here is a video clip I shot:

to Dyre program

There should be one coming out of Dyre but I didn't catch any that let the automated announcements play.

(2) programs originating from Dyre:

2S219 E'chester-Dyre Flatbush Ave. BNX REROUTE 5, 7 AV EXP

2S220 E'chester-Dyre Flatbush Ave. BNX REROUTE 5, 7 AV LCL

2S222 E'chester-Dyre Bowling Green BNX LCL VIA FERRY LOOP

(2) programs destined for Dyre:

2N219 Flatbush Ave. E'chester-Dyre BNX REROUTE 5, 7 AV LCL

2N220 Flatbush Ave. E'chester-Dyre BNX REROUTE 5, 7 AV LCL

These are the ones that I know of.

There is no Dyre-Chambers program.

Train crews are instructed not to use the Dyre->Bowling Green via 7th avenue and ferry loop program because it gives the impression the train is going down the east side for this GO (people are easily confused and the destination does read Bowling Green...)

There is a Dyre to South Ferry program (via 7th avenue too!), but it's a (5) program and line management wants the west side trains signed as (2)s and the east side trains signed as (5)s, so that is not to be used either.

Guest lance25

Manhattan-bound, the announcement is as follows:

Dianne: "This is a Manhattan-bound (2) local train.

The next stop is... [station]."

For stations from Dyre Av to Morris Park, the usual (5) line station announcements play after the above destination one.

Courtesy BrIaNMeRcY1022

Apparently, there's a Dyre Av to Bowling Green (2) program in the R142s as well.

yes theres a (2) from dyre program as many people have stated above to chambers st , Brooklyn and even bowling green but no South ferry.

I posted the routes above...

Dyre to Flatbush, Bowling Green only...

No program for Dyre to Chambers...again theyre using a 241st program and knocking out the stations on upper WPR

I posted the routes above...

Dyre to Flatbush, Bowling Green only...

No program for Dyre to Chambers...again theyre using a 241st program and knocking out the stations on upper WPR

ah gotcha , i caught all the chambers st bound 2 trains at e180st and thought they actually have a program like that from dyre

(2) programs originating from Dyre:

2S219 E'chester-Dyre Flatbush Ave. BNX REROUTE 5, 7 AV EXP

2S220 E'chester-Dyre Flatbush Ave. BNX REROUTE 5, 7 AV LCL

2S222 E'chester-Dyre Bowling Green BNX LCL VIA FERRY LOOP

(2) programs destined for Dyre:

2N219 Flatbush Ave. E'chester-Dyre BNX REROUTE 5, 7 AV LCL

2N220 Flatbush Ave. E'chester-Dyre BNX REROUTE 5, 7 AV LCL

These are the ones that I know of.

There is no Dyre-Chambers program.

Train crews are instructed not to use the Dyre->Bowling Green via 7th avenue and ferry loop program because it gives the impression the train is going down the east side for this GO (people are easily confused and the destination does read Bowling Green...)

There is a Dyre to South Ferry program (via 7th avenue too!), but it's a (5) program and line management wants the west side trains signed as (2)s and the east side trains signed as (5)s, so that is not to be used either.

There IS one that says (2) via Bowling Green.

I wonder if thats used when the (2) reroutes via Loop & Lex?

If you want a pix id be glade to provide.

There IS one that says (2) via Bowling Green.

I wonder if thats used when the (2) reroutes via Loop & Lex?

If you want a pix id be glade to provide.

I know that. That's route 2S222 (posted above)...Dyre to Bowling Green via 7th Ave and SF loop.

Those old GO's called for the train to be a 2 s/b and a 5 n/b, so upon arrival at Bowling Green, the 5 line program would be entered into the TOD screen for Bowling Green to Dyre via Lex. If the TOD is programmed correctly using those two routes, it won't even seem as if there's a break in the announcements when running that old GO.

However with the old SF station out of service, they don't run those GO's anymore (southbound 2's becoming northbound 5's)

I know that. That's route 2S222 (posted above)...Dyre to Bowling Green via 7th Ave and SF loop.

Those old GO's called for the train to be a 2 s/b and a 5 n/b, so upon arrival at Bowling Green, the 5 line program would be entered into the TOD screen for Bowling Green to Dyre via Lex. If the TOD is programmed correctly using those two routes, it won't even seem as if there's a break in the announcements when running that old GO.

However with the old SF station out of service, they don't run those GO's anymore (southbound 2's becoming northbound 5's)

Thanks!

But even with the SF loop, cant the (2)/(5) still swap lines without stopping at the station?

Thanks!

But even with the SF loop, cant the (2)/(5) still swap lines without stopping at the station?

Yes but management is disinclined to run the GO that way, instead opting for the current (2) Dyre-South Ferry via 7th Av and (5) 241-Flatbush via Lex.

Archived