B15 Deserves Limited Service

Micstromme

As promised, here is the next thread. I decided to help everyone by simply stating that the proposal is that the B15 should install limited service on its route via bed stuy and jfk airport.

In an effort to avoid time and comfort, I won't listthe specifics of my proposal. So here is the link for which you can find the extra information:

www.ttmg.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=433

Please feel free to leave responses.

Thank you for riding with MTA NYC Transit.

As promised, here is the next thread. I decided to help everyone by simply stating that the proposal is that the B15 should install limited service on its route via bed stuy and jfk airport.

In an effort to avoid time and comfort, I won't listthe specifics of my proposal. So here is the link for which you can find the extra information:

www.ttmg.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=433

Please feel free to leave responses.

The B15 is long overdue for Limited runs.

Thank you for bringing this up. That stupid ass B15 (JFK bound) needs a Limited route. I hope someone else complain and maybe (MTA) would have the common sense to make it Limited. Hopefully those damn Spring Creek residents would stay on their own bus that goes there and maybe the JFK bound bus will be a lil less crowded.

Yeah, JFK B15 should be limited while the Spring Creek B15 is local, when the Spring Creek bus stops running, thats when the JFK B15 becomes local.

Did you read the thread at ttmg.org or did you derive of that conclusion by yourself? Either way I'm glad at the conclusion that we share.

But as for the B15 Spring Creek passengers staying on their bus, I'm afraid that probably wouldn't happen as fast as we would want for it to. You see, the limited buses run so much faster as they are the ones that make selective stops, whereas the local service would have to pick up everyone else and it would be stopping at the express stops. That would mean that, just like the B35, the B15 would be extremely crowded on those local runs.

Personally, I do not think that the Grand Avenue Depot is that capable of sustaining this route, even if it were a limited route. The way that I see it is that the route would either have to be split between GA and FP (ENY had a chance and did nothing with the route but put it in a hole) or send one of its workhorse routes back to its former depots and maintain fleetage acquired after the swaps (good candidates for this would be the B47 back to Flatbush full-time or the B61 back to Gleason or the B60 going to Fresh Pond Depot along with the B57). The TA would have to give at least twenty (20) more buses to the Grand Avenue Depot to make it successful/manageable at the least. This would give the Authority an excuse to bring back some of those un-re-engined TMCs back into revenue because they carry the most passengers both sitting down and standing up.

But my point is that I do not think that the current depot is able to manage it at its current status. Some serious changes would have to go underway for the life of the limited B15 to be a successful one.

Real quick, the same thing for the Fresh Pond Depot. They would have to either cut backon some of their work horses or get extra rejects from the Bronx or else where to make the B15 limited split a terrific idea. They did not do that when they installed weekday limited service along the B38 back on April 7th.

I'm sorry if I appear to have written too much, but as I already explained in my introduction, I take the MTA NYCT issues very serious as I am a child of knowledge and I love to learn and explore new and exciting things, where this is concerned, of course.

Did you read the thread at ttmg.org or did you derive of that conclusion by yourself? Either way I'm glad at the conclusion that we share.
Actually, I posted that in the ttmg.org version of this thread.

Archived