A Metro Card TMC RTS Bus @ Southern BL. I havent see that bus in a longtime.

tkx2510

My word. And it has a street exhaust. And a 6V-92TA. I really want a ride on one of NYCT's old RTSs. Those buses defined New York. And yes, to me it made a difference whether the RTSs had pork chop windows, street exhausts, the (NYCT) Surface logo, that grumbling sound of the old 92, the old exterior number stickers (sometimes accompanied by "PA"), the rear bumper saturated in soot from the exhaust. Any RTS with a roof exhaust, a 4-stroke engine, and no pork chop windows is not cool.

My word. And it has a street exhaust. And a 6V-92TA. I really want a ride on one of NYCT's old RTSs. Those buses defined New York. And yes, to me it made a difference whether the RTSs had pork chop windows, street exhausts, the (NYCT) Surface logo, that grumbling sound of the old 92, the old exterior number stickers (sometimes accompanied by "PA"), the rear bumper saturated in soot from the exhaust. Any RTS with a roof exhaust, a 4-stroke engine, and no pork chop windows is not cool.

it will be nice if they actually let you ride inside the bus,it wouldn't hurt if they allow you to do so.

it will be nice if they actually let you ride inside the bus,it wouldn't hurt if they allow you to do so.

I don't think they will. I spoke to an ex-Green Lines bus operator who

had 30 years with GBL and is now a dispatcher on the Q60, and he said that the people who ride the roadeo buses back to the depot are MTA brass and the like who only come into contact with the blue collar workers (bus ops, dispatchers, mechanics etc) when they yell at them for doing something they think is wrong.

Who the hell cares, I can still get my LL Classic some years from now, so screw MTA and their top brass goons and screw them for not taking out old buses on special trips for busfans to ride..

Archived