• Alstom R160A
    • Kawasaki R160B
    • St. Louis Car R38
    • Pullman Standard R46
    • St. Louis Car R44

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a really difficult decision between the R160B and R32, but I chose the R160B. The R32 was close, though... I still love you, R32... *cries* Anyway, the R160B is my favorite of the B Division because of the sound (favorite motor sound, period) and all the other R160 features (FIND, super-effective air-con xD, etc.) The R32 was my second favorite because I was—fascinated by them when I was little. They also look nice with the flat sides and grooves.

I love both R44s and R38s 'cause I grew up with them. I voted however for R44s becausse I can actually fall asleep in them.

of course you can fall asleep in them. the R44s are boring and too ugly to look at inside and out. i always fall asleep every time i ride an R44, which does not happen very happen because i try to avoid them along with the R42s on the E for as long as i can. though most riders agree the R38s are the worst in the system now and that is why they are set to retire in the next 2-3 months, the R44s make them look like powerhouses because they are just that horrible. i have hated the R44s ever since the first time i rode them in February of 05. i remember that day, i was able to ride on all three car types the A was using at that time (R32, R38, R44) and i am sure you all know which one i felt the best on.

of course you can fall asleep in them. the R44s are boring and too ugly to look at inside and out. i always fall asleep every time i ride an R44, which does not happen very happen because i try to avoid them along with the R42s on the E for as long as i can. though most riders agree the R38s are the worst in the system now and that is why they are set to retire in the next 2-3 months, the R44s make them look like powerhouses because they are just that horrible. i have hated the R44s ever since the first time i rode them in February of 05. i remember that day, i was able to ride on all three car types the A was using at that time (R32, R38, R44) and i am sure you all know which one i felt the best on.

The R38s>R32s. Check out the MDBFs. The R32s gave all sorts of trouble every time with A/C, doors, lights, etc... I missed my Midtown Direct 17 times over the last 10 years because of R32 cars. The R38s come in second for me because they wake me up certain mornings for school as they rocked the Fulton.

The R38s>R32s. Check out the MDBFs. The R32s gave all sorts of trouble every time with A/C, doors, lights, etc... I missed my Midtown Direct 17 times over the last 10 years because of R32 cars. The R38s come in second for me because they wake me up certain mornings for school as they rocked the Fulton.

R44s have the worst MDBF of 2007 and possibly 2008. R38s are still retiring by the end of February. R32s will not be gone until August. the car bodies of the R32s are much better than the R38s, which is why they will outlive them in service.

R44s have the worst MDBF of 2007 and possibly 2008. R38s are still retiring by the end of February. R32s will not be gone until August. the car bodies of the R32s are much better than the R38s, which is why they will outlive them in service.

The R44's do not have the worst MDBF of 2008, they outperformed the R46 and most likely ALL of the R32-42 equipment.

The R44's do not have the worst MDBF of 2008, they outperformed the R46 and most likely ALL of the R32-42 equipment.

i did not say they did this year because the official car performance report has not bee released yet, but it is fact they had the worst in 2007. some of the R32-R42s did better than them, but too bad they have to stay until at least 2011. avoid the A as much as you can. R46s still look better than R44s in every way

I love the R160B Seimens sets, R143's, R160A's, R142A's, R68A's, R62/A's (no preference beteween A and non-A), R32's and R46's. A weird thing with me is that while I love the R160A's, I don't really like the R160B Alstoms. There is some difference that I can't really point out that make the R160A's better in my opinion. The R68's are not my favorites, but I don't dislike them, same with R142's. R40M's and R40 slants are ok in my opinion, I have my good thoughts and bad thoughts of them, but I do not mind riding them. I really dislike R44's for their looks and heating and A/C. While I do hate the R44's... I'll admit the ride is fantastic! Another thing I like about the R44's is when they are stopping with a lot of force from a high speed, I love the way it sounds on the inside! Its like a soft scream! Thats all I will miss of them. R42's. ugh. I hate them. 2nd worst cars in the subway in my opinion. Dirty, rusty, falling apart, ugly, and graffiti ridden. R38's. Worst subway car in my opinion. Its even in worse shape than the R42's, more rusty, uglier, VERY DARK and VERY DEPRESSING INTERIORS, dirtier, louder, need i say more. If I has to give order best to worst

1)R160B Seimens

2)R143

3)R160A

4)R142A

5)R160B Alstom

6)R32

7)R46

8)R68A

9)R62/A

10)R68

11)R142

12)R40M

13)R40 Slant

14)R42

15)R38

I love the R160B Seimens sets, R143's, R160A's, R142A's, R68A's, R62/A's (no preference beteween A and non-A), R32's and R46's. A weird thing with me is that while I love the R160A's, I don't really like the R160B Alstoms. There is some difference that I can't really point out that make the R160A's better in my opinion. The R68's are not my favorites, but I don't dislike them, same with R142's. R40M's and R40 slants are ok in my opinion, I have my good thoughts and bad thoughts of them, but I do not mind riding them. I really dislike R44's for their looks and heating and A/C. While I do hate the R44's... I'll admit the ride is fantastic! Another thing I like about the R44's is when they are stopping with a lot of force from a high speed, I love the way it sounds on the inside! Its like a soft scream! Thats all I will miss of them. R42's. ugh. I hate them. 2nd worst cars in the subway in my opinion. Dirty, rusty, falling apart, ugly, and graffiti ridden. R38's. Worst subway car in my opinion. Its even in worse shape than the R42's, more rusty, uglier, VERY DARK and VERY DEPRESSING INTERIORS, dirtier, louder, need i say more. If I has to give order best to worst

1)R160B Seimens

2)R143

3)R160A

4)R142A

5)R160B Alstom

6)R32

7)R46

8)R68A

9)R62/A

10)R68

11)R142

12)R40M

13)R40 Slant

14)R42

15)R38

where is the R44 on your list?

Here's my preference list:

R44

R38

R68A

R46

R62A

R68

R62

R160A

R40M

R40

R142

R160B

R142A

R42

R32

To me, the R68As are the only good cars that Kawasaki built. Notice that R160A and below are all bench seaters except the R38s in which I grew up with. The R160As have the quietest ride of all the NTTs and the R40/Ms have the best A/C among the entire fleet. For all the problems the R32s gave me the last 10 years, I rate them last.

It wasn't meant to be an armrest, it was meant to be a glass panel to rest your head. God knows why they removed them on the R46s.

because it is not safe to do that. resting your head on glass is the stupidest thing you can do. if someone breaks it, you are as good as dead. that is why the R46s do not have them and personally, that is big flaw on the R44.

Archived