Penn State College Football Sex Scandal

Shortline Bus

Head Coach Joe Patterno who just recently set the all time wins mark by a college football head coach and until now had a repution for running a 'clean' program repuption will be hurt. It also does help he nearly 85 years old.

It's scandals (I never heard this bad before)is why i really dislike college football.:mad:

College sports are a joke anyway. They're a big money game that profits BIGTIME off mega television deals and marketing of unpaid athletes who get a free education at the expense of the kids who actually do study hard and learn to get into college.

And they STILL have the nerve to charge students for tickets and ask for donations.

F*** the NCAA, the overpaid coaches, and the ridiculous concept of following a big money game because the players "play for love of the game" which is the greatest lie in ALL sports.

News just coming in, Penn State Board of Trustees has fired both President Graham Spanier AND Coach Joe Paterno effective immediately. It's on CNN right now as we speak

Had to be done. It's a shame that Paterno who won '2" NCAA titles in his carrer and just recently became the all time wins leader in college football as a head coach, he will now forever be linked to these horrible scandal.

Paterno trying to protect his 'best friend' and worried about the reputation of Penn State should have been smart enough about the worldwide problem of child sexual abuse. While no one is saying he commited the horrible crimes as a Father and Grandfather he at the very least should have reported this to this police. Now instead of reporting this incident back around 2002 and maybe getting a small 'hit' on his reputation, instead he will now be forever associated with this richard nixon-style.;)

An update. A minor riot has started at Penn State in reply to the Patterno firing.:tdown:

Had to be done. It's a shame that Paterno who won '2" NCAA titles in his carrer and just recently became the all time wins leader in college football as a head coach, he will now forever be linked to these horrible scandal.

Paterno trying to protect his 'best friend' and worried about the reputation of Penn State should have been smart enough about the worldwide problem of child sexual abuse. While no one is saying he commited the horrible crimes as a Father and Grandfather he at the very least should have reported this to this police. Now instead of reporting this incident back around 2002 and maybe getting a small 'hit' on his reputation, instead he will now be forever associated with this richard nixon-style.;)

So Tokkemon since you in Philly, how big is this scandal being covered by the Pa. media?

Its front page in every PA Newspaper and the story for at least 20 mins on every channel says my Ant near Philly... Most people in PA are siding with him , but outside the state its different.

Man. Just when this scandal could not get more distrubing now the Asst. Coach that is the focus of the crime, Mr. Sandusky maybe in more hot water.

Sandusky at the camp he was running might been 'pimping' the victims according to this story. In other words the boys were used for prostitution.

Now if true we not talking not just the biggest scandal in US college sports history but a huge scandal that will never be forgotten.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/penn-state-scandal-rumors-sandusky-pimping_n_1086099.html?ref=sports&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%7C111562

Man. Just when this scandal could not get more distrubing now the Asst. Coach that is the focus of the crime, Mr. Sandusky maybe in more hot water.

Sandusky at the camp he was running might been 'pimping' the victims according to this story. In other words the boys were used for prostitution.

Now if true we not talking not just the biggest scandal in US college sports history but a huge scandal that will never be forgotten.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/penn-state-scandal-rumors-sandusky-pimping_n_1086099.html?ref=sports&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%7C111562

And to think, those demented students had the nerve to riot because their beloved coach didn't make sure that pedophile was actually reported to the police. It's nice to see the real face of Penn State, a school that cares more about football and profits than morality and the well being of children.

And to think, those demented students had the nerve to riot because their beloved coach didn't make sure that pedophile was actually reported to the police. It's nice to see the real face of Penn State, a school that cares more about football and profits than morality and the well being of children.

I don't think it's limited to Penn State or college football in general. I see people proclaiming this college (Alabama, LSU, Ohio State), this conference ( ACC, SEC, Big East), whatever,best in basketball,football, hockey, and they brag about it. All I want to know is how many of these athletes graduate on time .Big time college sports is about money, not education, no matter the spin. Harvard, Yale, Columbia, MIT, SUNY, CUNY, are about knowledge and education, especially compared to the money grubbing schools, conferences and their " student-athletes". Just my opinion. Carry on.

I don't think it's limited to Penn State or college football in general. I see people proclaiming this college (Alabama, LSU, Ohio State), this conference ( ACC, SEC, Big East), whatever,best in basketball,football, hockey, and they brag about it. All I want to know is how many of these athletes graduate on time .Big time college sports is about money, not education, no matter the spin. Harvard, Yale, Columbia, MIT, SUNY, CUNY, are about knowledge and education, especially compared to the money grubbing schools, conferences and their " student-athletes". Just my opinion. Carry on.

Trainmaster you and subway guy make great points on how college sports has placed money and wins over educating our young adults. If it were up to me, the NCAA would be faded away like yesterday and create a 'juniors' aka minor league just like hockey and baseball.

On the so called 'death penalty' being applied for Penn State, i think this college football program needs to be blown up and start over with *no football* for 5 years. How dare did Patterno and the Penn State President put *money* over what a monster (I am not again going to say that b_stard's football coach Sandusky again)did to destroy the lives of dozens of young boys.

And to add insult using them as allegedly sex workers according to latest rumors? I thought that crap happens in third world countries.:mad:;):tdown:

PS For those 'Joepa' supporters they should watch this interview former NHL player Sheldon Kennedy a victim of sexual abuse as a child discusses his reaction to the Penn State Scandal on MSNBC's "Tarmon Hall' Show on Monday 11/7/11.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGvIYmfKAJg

Anyone plan to watch the Penn State-Nebraska game? I can't believe they even consider playing this game.

I know the PSU players had nothing to do with the scandal but IMO this game with the Cornhuskers should be the last game of the 2011 season and then no 'bowl apperence' as well. Going further, I would even have PSU be *Banned* for as much as 2-3 years with a 'death penalty' of no football as well in my view as well. While i don't condone what Miami, SMU, Ohio State, USC and dozens of other schools have done with NCAA violations which most involve paying 'students' this is far worse.

Meanwhile i hope all profits from tickets sold are donated to charities particuarly those of rape and sexual abuse. And PSU sends a check of at least couple of million bucks as well.

Also ESPN which is showing the game hopefully will show PSA's on reporting sex crimes as a whole. I am going to the 'city' today to go rail/bus fanning so i just *tape it* and watch it when i get home.

Man I would never imgaine this type of crap would go on in America especially at a major college that had a good reputataion both in US and internationally.

a school that cares more about football and profits than morality and the well being of children.

just like the rest of the "NCAA powerhouse" schools.

that organization needs to be disbanded and colleges need to return to places of higher education, not places where fandom of a fantasy sport where rosters roll over year over year serve as a benchmark of loyalty to a place where one claims to receive an education, and the administrators and league executives laugh their way to the bank with TUITION money that is supposed to be used to educate students.

physical education is an important part of education, but one's own physical education is important...not watching someone else who's not even smart enough to be at the school play a game with your tuition money and still getting charged admission if you decide to go to a game.

the most pathetic part is when the student body that is ripped off and bilked to pay for these multimillion dollar salaries for these idiots turns around and SUPPORTS them...ESPECIALLY in light of illegal acts like not going to the police when an illegal act is raised. They shouldn't just be fired...they ought to be in JAIL where they can see what it's like to be on the unwanted end of a sexual favor from someone a little bit more powerful than them..

just like the rest of the "NCAA powerhouse" schools.

that organization needs to be disbanded and colleges need to return to places of higher education, not places where fandom of a fantasy sport where rosters roll over year over year serve as a benchmark of loyalty to a place where one claims to receive an education, and the administrators and league executives laugh their way to the bank with TUITION money that is supposed to be used to educate students.

physical education is an important part of education, but one's own physical education is important...not watching someone else who's not even smart enough to be at the school play a game with your tuition money and still getting charged admission if you decide to go to a game.

the most pathetic part is when the student body that is ripped off and bilked to pay for these multimillion dollar salaries for these idiots turns around and SUPPORTS them...ESPECIALLY in light of illegal acts like not going to the police when an illegal act is raised. They shouldn't just be fired...they ought to be in JAIL where they can see what it's like to be on the unwanted end of a sexual favor from someone a little bit more powerful than them..

Subwayguy i agree to a point. I also 1,000% believe that the NFL which is a multi-billion dollar industry and the most profitable pro sports league on the planet should pony up and create a 'juniors' or minor league just like baseball and hockey does. However you know money talks and "BS" walks. Many of the powerful schools are in the south and thus without elite NCAA teams, those schools would be out of business. So a school such as Alabama, LSU, Ohio State use football as front and if the NCAA was canned you be sure political leaders from that state, i.e US Senators will do everything to keep the NCAA in business.

Back to Penn State. IMO their football program should be suspened for 2-3 years as a way to recover and re-focus on their studies. Plus new national laws for every college offical to report to police/law enforcement on how to handle rape or sexual abuse of underage children.

forget that child molestor's side of the story. he's not allowed to have a side of the story. if you screw around with little kids your pecker should be blasted clear off. this guy should not even be on the streets now and no one is talking about the connections between the judge who ordered him released on bail because that was a clear conflict of interest from the start.

359j8o.jpg

forget that child molestor's side of the story. he's not allowed to have a side of the story. if you screw around with little kids your pecker should be blasted clear off. this guy should not even be on the streets now and no one is talking about the connections between the judge who ordered him released on bail because that was a clear conflict of interest from the start.

359j8o.jpg

You and your big pictures and your fancy posts... :P

On a serious note, I heard the guy on FOX 5 this morning talking about how he enjoys young people. The way he was saying it was so nasty sounding. I mean who takes a shower with a bunch of people because you like young people? Sorry, I'm not buying it. :eek:

Archived