Nassau Inter County Express (Nice) Discussion

Amtrak7

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That reminds me, the kiosks at the Mineola Intermodal Center run off the MTA website to provide schedules. Veolia has to work on those to run off NICE's website.

They still have the routes discontinued on 6/28/10 in there.

They still have the routes discontinued on 6/28/10 in there.

Hopefully NICE will reprogram the kiosks.

I was in Great Neck today. I saw 1700s and 1800s, no V CNGs. The buses have a NICE logo above the front door and there is a "Nassau Intercounty Express" decal under the driver's window. The blue stripe on the buses is still there, but the buses do need to get repainted because the blue stripe is chipping off from when they stripped off the Long Island Bus logo.

For the 1700s, the blue stripe is paint, but for the 1800s, the blue stripe is vinyl so it can't chip off.

Does anyone know how many buses at the Nassau Coliseum are being repainted at a time? And what does the EVIL uniform look like?

For the 1700s, the blue stripe is paint, but for the 1800s, the blue stripe is vinyl so it can't chip off.

Does anyone know how many buses at the Nassau Coliseum are being repainted at a time? And what does the EVIL uniform look like?

I saw an 1800 on the N25 and the stripe looked like it was crumpled up.

I was on the NiCE bus today took some video gonna have that up soon. It now looks like they can have communication with other busses. Look for me on News12 tonight they interviewed me about NiCE. Me to i saw no Orion V's either. The Uniform looks more modern with a hats that I think look really cool.

I've seen 2 buses in service so far that haven't been repainted yet.
If you see any repainted take a picture I have to wait till 10 15 to see any bus pass my stop but I will be on the 10 25 bus going towards Mineola.

Am I the only one not expecting to see buses painted so soon?

I mean seriously you are posting at 6am surprised that you are surprised that the first two buses you've seen 6 hours after Veolia has taken control have not been pain.

Don't you think Veolia has more to think about than painting the buses within the first 6 hours of operations!?

In fact I've seen an article where NICE CEO Mike Setzer said he hopes that passengers will not notice much of a difference besides the uniform. You'd think buses being pained and put into service in the early part of the morning would be something your average passenger would notice!

There are buses being repainted at the coliseum?

Am I the only one not expecting to see buses painted so soon?

I mean seriously you are posting at 6am surprised that you are surprised that the first two buses you've seen 6 hours after Veolia has taken control have not been pain.

Don't you think Veolia has more to think about than painting the buses within the first 6 hours of operations!?

In fact I've seen an article where NICE CEO Mike Setzer said he hopes that passengers will not notice much of a difference besides the uniform. You'd think buses being pained and put into service in the early part of the morning would be something your average passenger would notice!

There are buses being repainted at the coliseum?

We've been told that they've been furiously repainting buses for the past couple of weeks at the coliseum, so with that information it would not be extreme to think that they might have put buses that were painted into service, while continuing to paint the buses that are still in the queue.

Where did you get this information? I pass the coliseum almost everyday and never noticed any buses at the coliseum. And the (MTA) allowed Veolia to take buses out of service to be painted for weeks (and I assume keep them out of service as no one has seen any newly painted buses) while the (MTA) was already short on buses that were out to be repaired...

Where did you get this information? I pass the coliseum almost everyday and never noticed any buses at the coliseum. And the (MTA) allowed Veolia to take buses out of service to be painted for weeks (and I assume keep them out of service as no one has seen any new painted buses) while the (MTA) was already short on buses that were out to be repaired...

Veolia is actually looking for paint guys at the moment too.. its on their website in the jobs section. S o i guess they're short on painters

Details about bus repainting:

Re: TWU local 252 unsure Long Island Bus / (N.I.C.E.) will run January 1, 2012

The poster on SubChat didn't provide a reference, but it seems plausible to me.

Sarcasm is hard to detect in writing, are you being serious or are you saying this tongue in cheek?

This seems plausible to you?

posted by Joe Saitta

Every one - they have hired over 100 painters and equipped them with gallons of paint, rollers, brushes, rags and other items. Then the decals will be placed on the buses when the paint dries. From what I've heard, the buses will re renumbered from 50,001 up. The workers, mainly hired by roving trucks sent to gather qualified workers in the Hempstead, Freeport, Elmont, Glen Cove, New Cassell and Wyandanch neighborhoods, are being being paid in cash without any tax or other payroll deductions, with the hourly amount just above the minimum wage. Even though these workers were not offered any benefits, they are working feverishly to get the job done. It is said that those who don't perform their work correctly will be reported to immigration authorities. Lunch or other breaks are limited to ten minutes; to use the bathroom facilities a worker must receive written approval from at least two supervisors, and limit his absence to no more than six minutes once a shift. All of this work is being performed inside the Nassau Coliseum (they had to cover the floor with tarps), the use of which building was specially arranged by Al D'Amato and County Executive Edward Mangano. It is felt that most if not all of the buses will be repainted and ready for service on January 2.

Sarcasm is hard to detect in writing, are you being serious or are you saying this tongue in cheek?

Every one - they have hired over 100 painters and equipped them with gallons of paint, rollers, brushes, rags and other items. Then the decals will be placed on the buses when the paint dries. From what I've heard, the buses will re renumbered from 50,001 up. The workers, mainly hired by roving trucks sent to gather qualified workers in the Hempstead, Freeport, Elmont, Glen Cove, New Cassell and Wyandanch neighborhoods, are being being paid in cash without any tax or other payroll deductions, with the hourly amount just above the minimum wage. Even though these workers were not offered any benefits, they are working feverishly to get the job done. It is said that those who don't perform their work correctly will be reported to immigration authorities. Lunch or other breaks are limited to ten minutes; to use the bathroom facilities a worker must receive written approval from at least two supervisors, and limit his absence to no more than six minutes once a shift. All of this work is being performed inside the Nassau Coliseum (they had to cover the floor with tarps), the use of which building was specially arranged by Al D'Amato and County Executive Edward Mangano. It is felt that most if not all of the buses will be repainted and ready for service on January 2.

posted by Joe Saitta

They hired a bunch of mexicans or illegal "aliens" to get the job done and they're treating them like so in a harsh manner?

Talk about cheap labor

What the hell?

posted by Joe Saitta

The heck do you want from me? I'm just the messenger don't come at me with a pitchfork if you don't trust the info go to him.

Like I said, it seems plausible. Look at the graphic renderings on the schedules as to what the buses are supposed to look like. The buses won't retain the MTA's paint scheme forever.

They are right! Not only did I see a bus in service painted in NICE livery but I witnessed a newly painted bus leaving the nassau coliseum parking lot. The bus was being driven by one of the mentioned employees that is thought to be an illegal alien. When the driver turned out of the parking lot he darted out without looking, into multiple lanes, almost striking vehicles. This definitely shows, as others speculated, that Veolia's training is not as good the (MTA) training. In fact a reliable source told me a newly painted bus needs to be repainted because a new operator who was hired off the street backed into another newly painted bus in the coliseum parking lot, something a highly trained (MTA) LIB operator would never do!

Anyway, apparently these painters are also new hires from Veolia, during their training they did not learn driving, but learned how to paint buses because obviously painting the buses was the top priority during the change over and Veolia new bus fans would be expecting to see newly painted buses at 6am on the 1st!

A good source told me the new employees were expected to report to work at midnight pick up a bus from mitchell field, drive it to the coliseum, paint it, and then immediately start their route.

If you can't beat em join em! :P :cool:

They are right! Not only did I see a bus in service painted in NICE livery but I witnessed a newly painted bus leaving the nassau coliseum parking lot. The bus was being driven by one of the mentioned employees that is thought to be an illegal alien. When the driver turned out of the parking lot he darted out without looking, into multiple lanes, almost striking vehicles. This definitely shows, as others speculated, that Veolia's training is not as good the (MTA) training. In fact a reliable source told me a newly painted bus needs to be repainted because a new operator who was hired off the street backed into another newly painted bus in the coliseum parking lot, something a highly trained (MTA) LIB operator would never do!

Anyway, apparently these painters are also new hires from Veolia, during their training they did not learn driving, but learned how to paint buses because obviously painting the buses was the top priority during the change over and Veolia new bus fans would be expecting to see newly painted buses at 6am on the 1st!

A good source told me the new employees were expected to report to work at midnight pick up a bus from mitchell field, drive it to the coliseum, paint it, and then immediately start their route.

So it sounds like we should be seeing NICE painted buses tomorrow on a lot of routes.

I don't doubt it for a second. Veolia is a very large and powerful company, but cheap at the same time. I am expecting shitty service from them. Veolia is bad news.

posted by Joe Saitta

I can definitely affirm that most of that is NOT true! Nobody uses rollers to paint a damn bus.

Numbering from 50,001 up? Possible, but it makes absolutely no sense.

Illegal aliens that will be reported to ICE if they don't perform the job well?

Get real!

Archived