Nassau Inter County Express (Nice) Discussion

Amtrak7

This way of thinking cripples regional service not everything is local buddy the region as whole includes LI and 5 boroughs it's not all about you or all about LI so with this logic all buses should stay in their own service areas that logic kills some transit systems that need regional connectivity. SI and LI aren't related but your logic isn't gonna help anyone. I will leave you with your useless argument with checkmate.

Yeah because you know so much about "regional service". :)

ok thats good for your asses if there were more riders then you wouldn't get screwed so hard it's majority rule get over it if the system was useful to ppl that actually have jobs to get to in NYC and all over this crap wouldn't happen joel on crack get over it untill you see what happens you won't know shit plain and simple. I don't give a shit about what mangano does the majority always get what they want period.

Ohh and when you gain maturity then talk to me till then deal with it and shut it. Boo hoo 1% of nassau ppl are screwed please when you ignore the majority to serve a group that isn't the most popular you only create a stigma with the ppl you should be serving. Look at the system then look at traffic patterns. Look at LIRR schedules and bus schedules rush hour service is horrible so ppl can't use buses that aren't there now can they. Ohh go on city-data the real thing that kills LIB is ignorance of the bus network. Many nassau residents do not know anything about the bus network and when they use it they take a wrong turn then blame the MTA for their mistakes. I talked with many people so that is part of it.

And neither do you. I guess you do have something in common with them after all. LOL

-----

On a side note, how is it that a certain someone is allowed to be so vulgar???

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

joel on crack get over it untill you see what happens you won't know .... plain and simple

go on city-data the real thing that kills LIB is ignorance of the bus network. Many nassau residents do not know anything about the bus network and when they use it they take a wrong turn then blame the MTA for their mistakes. I talked with many people so that is part of it.

youmadbrodad.jpg

Yeah because you know so much about "regional service". :)

And neither do you. I guess you do have something in common with them after all. LOL

-----

On a side note, how is it that a certain someone is allowed to be so vulgar???

woah my bad should have been a little less vulgar a bit out of character for me sorry bro. Ohh and I used the bus system in LI several times in nassau and out east so I know what is wrong with several routes there bye bye have more research to complete. sorry joel up front but really the name messing up wasn't needed

You Know I'm so getting fed up with all of you guys bashing the people who supports LIB, Number one I agree with Joel, Number 2 if your ass was living out there and you couldn't afford a car you wouldn't know what to do

These People who use LIB use it to get to work and to their local Hospitals and all of you clowns that sit there and say these smart ass comments about who cares about LIB pisses me off to the fullest Rerember NASSAU COUNTY IS APART OF NEW YORK as well and 1/4 of the (F) train's ridership comes from guess what NASSAU COUNTY

So do me a favor shut up if you don't know what to say it gets annoying after awhile half of you guys wouldn't know what to do if you was living out there, these people are gonna go through HELL just to get to work while our spoiled behinds have nothing but Buses and subways to get around

and to top that off these people are gonna have to go to the city line since the Private comp wants the buses within nassau county and thats gonna be more strain on the Q2,Q5,Q12,Q36,Q43 and the Q110 and all those routes get High ridership as it is

1) Yeah, so what? I commented on it only getting 100,000 riders. And what do you mean only 43%? That's almost half of NYC the residents, so please.

2) My point is you need to stick up for where you live for once. You live on STATEN ISLAND in NYC, not friggin' Long Island or any other place for that matter. Always taking up for other folks and down playing where you live. Everyone has it so much worse than we do right??? :( Spare me. I'm actually shocked that you actually agree that NYC shouldn't be funding Long Island's transportation, or maybe you don't have a problem with that either. Let's take from our transportation sources and give it to someone else. :mad: A little thing you don't know is that you have quite a bit of Long Islanders that could care less for New Yorkers and really don't want anything to do with NYC. That's why it's even more disgusting that they've been funding their transit system on our backs.

3) That's not the point. Of course I know most of the board members don't ride and I think I made a point about it just being a "start" in the right direction. The ideal situation would be to have board members that all ride the system.

4) You need to quit it already. You are really smoking something if you think that we're going to see any of these so called "savings". That's all you talk about. Oh let's cut service so we can decrease costs. For what? My paycheck or any one else's paycheck isn't going to be any bigger because the (MTA) decides to cut more bus service. All they're doing is cutting more service and raising the fares in case you haven't noticed, and cutting service is NOT going to stop that.

5) Should've could've... No point in focusing on the past when it's not going to change the current situation.

1) But even with 100,000 riders, there are routes out there that are crowded.

2) When did I say that? Every region has its share of transit problems. I've advocated for cuts and additions in both Nassau County and NYC, but I wouldn't advocate for cuts that extensive in NYC that could potentially go down in Nassau.

3) True...

4) And you know that how? Back in 2003, they gave us the option of a $1.75 fare with service reductions or a $2 fare with no reductions, and we picked the higher fare. Maybe if they had reduced some service back then and still kept the $2 fare hike, the cuts wouldn't have been so bad this time around.

5) Don't give me that excuse. You can't get savings from anywhere if you wait until the last minute. Yeah, in the current situation, they're screwed but they had many months to try and scrape together the extra $30 million or whatever they need to fund the bus system.

1) These People who use LIB use it to get to work and to their local Hospitals and all of you clowns that sit there and say these smart ass comments about who cares about LIB pisses me off to the fullest Rerember NASSAU COUNTY IS APART OF NEW YORK as well and 1/4 of the (F) train's ridership comes from guess what NASSAU COUNTY

2) and to top that off these people are gonna have to go to the city line since the Private comp wants the buses within nassau county and thats gonna be more strain on the Q2,Q5,Q12,Q36,Q43 and the Q110 and all those routes get High ridership as it is

1) I think you mean the ridership at the Jamaica stations, not the whole line (from Coney Island to Jamaica). The 169th Street and 179th Street stations together get around 30,000 riders per day. I guess it's conceivable that you could get about 7,500 riders transferring from LIB.

2) Why are they calling it the "Inter-County Express" then? :)

You Know I'm so getting fed up with all of you guys bashing the people who supports LIB, Number one I agree with Joel, Number 2 if your ass was living out there and you couldn't afford a car you wouldn't know what to do

These People who use LIB use it to get to work and to their local Hospitals and all of you clowns that sit there and say these smart ass comments about who cares about LIB pisses me off to the fullest Rerember NASSAU COUNTY IS APART OF NEW YORK as well and 1/4 of the (F) train's ridership comes from guess what NASSAU COUNTY

So do me a favor shut up if you don't know what to say it gets annoying after awhile half of you guys wouldn't know what to do if you was living out there, these people are gonna go through HELL just to get to work while our spoiled behinds have nothing but Buses and subways to get around

and to top that off these people are gonna have to go to the city line since the Private comp wants the buses within nassau county and thats gonna be more strain on the Q2,Q5,Q12,Q36,Q43 and the Q110 and all those routes get High ridership as it is

you know it's ppl like you that inspired me to even take a look at nassau's bus system I mean an extensive look. I only recently started looking at the LI network extensively. So forgive me for my so called motives but I only created a plan including nassau to reduce the impact of cuts by trying to strengthen routes with new trip generators without crazy extensions unless literally nothing else can be done to save the route. Only 2 such extremes are the N80 and N51. The rest of my motive was when I saw how close some segments are to other lines. I based most of my plan on trying to copy the travel patterns of the nassau residents themselves rather than the 100,000 riders current habits since I know that mangano will look down on a system that only has the ability to support less than 10% of the population. Which was why many changes I came up with were extreme attempts to attract more ridership to the system to weaken it's bad image. I designed my plan not with the 100,000 riders in mind but with the intention of attracting mainstream riders to the system so the routes would become too strong to cut at all. With the weakest lines being absorbed into strong adjacent ones.

Up untill now I only used LIB to get to my secret shop locations most of the time I take LIRR in then take a bunch of buses between all my locations. Then use bus to subway or LIRR home. I never imagined LIB would be in danger so I only knew so much. When I heard of the cuts I made an incomplete plan and announced it to the MTA only a few parts were heard and those parts gained me applause however I knew it was flawed so I came here to use you ppl to find those flaws by acting a certain way to get certain answers. If ppl like you never defended the system then others wouldn't try to save it in their own way. I don't try to defend lines directly as you know I try to make plans to restructure lines so they are not as easy to cut and sell that as a way to prevent cuts.

All the suggestions I made for LIB are targeting mainstream public to get ppl out of their cars they target nonn transit users rather than existing ones

1) But even with 100,000 riders, there are routes out there that are crowded.

Well yeah of course, but I still don't the point of bringing it up. It's obvious that some lines must get decent ridership with 100,000 riders.

2) When did I say that? Every region has its share of transit problems. I've advocated for cuts and additions in both Nassau County and NYC, but I wouldn't advocate for cuts that extensive in NYC that could potentially go down in Nassau.

You don't have to say it. You constantly downplay problems in one place by pointing out the problems in another place and mentioning how it could be worse. I mean I don't see how you can compare Long Island w/NYC. Two very different places with different needs.

4) And you know that how? Back in 2003, they gave us the option of a $1.75 fare with service reductions or a $2 fare with no reductions, and we picked the higher fare. Maybe if they had reduced some service back then and still kept the $2 fare hike, the cuts wouldn't have been so bad this time around.

Like I said for the average New Yorker, it won't make a difference. I buy an Unlimited card and those are the cards that they'll look to increase before they increase the base fare, so the only break I may see is no increase. You also can't compare the base fare to what others pay that use the express bus, LIRR, MetroNorth and so on. We get hit the hardest by way of less service and more fare increases because the (MTA) knows that we can afford it and we don't have much choice but either pay or use a car if we want to keep our commuting time down.

5) Don't give me that excuse. You can't get savings from anywhere if you wait until the last minute. Yeah, in the current situation, they're screwed but they had many months to try and scrape together the extra $30 million or whatever they need to fund the bus system.

Even so, I don't see what they could've "scrapped together" in this economy. The county is BROKE, which I've repeated over and over again, so there is nothing to "scrape together".

1) You don't have to say it. You constantly downplay problems in one place by pointing out the problems in another place and mentioning how it could be worse. I mean I don't see how you can compare Long Island w/NYC. Two very different places with different needs.

2) Like I said for the average New Yorker, it won't make a difference. I buy an Unlimited card and those are the cards that they'll look to increase before they increase the base fare, so the only break I may see is no increase. You also can't compare the base fare to what others pay that use the express bus, LIRR, MetroNorth and so on. We get hit the hardest by way of less service and more fare increases because the (MTA) knows that we can afford it and we don't have much choice but either pay or use a car if we want to keep our commuting time down.

3) Even so, I don't see what they could've "scrapped together" in this economy. The county is BROKE, which I've repeated over and over again, so there is nothing to "scrape together".

1) Except that I've also mentioned plenty of places where NYC cuts have had a significant impact. The fact that Nassau has a huge gap in its network doesn't make it better that SI has gaps in its network. I was just pointing out that SI isn't the only area with transportation problems (and in this case, I used the service gaps in SI vs. the service gaps in Nassau). Every area has one problem or another, whether it is congestion, crowding, infrequency, buses going missing, gaps in the network, etc.

2) Not everybody uses Unlimited MetroCards, though. I remember an article on Second Avenue Sagas saying that it was around 40% using PPR, 40% using Unlimited MetroCards, and 20% using something else (Senior MetroCards, Student MetroCards, etc). Yeah, Unlimited MetroCard users might not see as much of a decrease but it's still better than nothing.

And Metro-North, LIRR, and express bus riders don't get hit any harder (percentage-wise) than the regular riders do in terms of fare increases. It's just the weekly/monthly passes vs. paying per ride.

3) That's what they want you to think. :(

Seriously, I just pointed to the fact that there are like 50 school districts and their population is 2/5 that of NYC. Yeah, you can't merge them into one district overnight, but at least you can start (not to mention that if there's that much waste in the school system, there's plenty of waste in the other departments)

1) Except that I've also mentioned plenty of places where NYC cuts have had a significant impact. The fact that Nassau has a huge gap in its network doesn't make it better that SI has gaps in its network. I was just pointing out that SI isn't the only area with transportation problems (and in this case, I used the service gaps in SI vs. the service gaps in Nassau). Every area has one problem or another, whether it is congestion, crowding, infrequency, buses going missing, gaps in the network, etc.

And that's exactly why you don't propose cuts when there are already gaps in a network unless alternatives are made. That's exactly why I don't support cuts to a line like the S57 proposed by you and Amtrak when you already have significant cuts in North-South service on SI. I would say the same thing should hold true on Long Island. The one thing that these cuts have in common, be it Staten Island, New Jersey or Long Island... Cuts in transportation have significant effects on the neighborhoods economically. We saw how the businesses in NJ were calling on the passengers to use that bus in NJ because they understand the impact that those cuts have. You can argue that the cuts may decrease transportation costs, but they also tend to decrease the revenue that businesses who rely on those customers who use public transportation would get, which means fewer taxes being collected, fewer available jobs and less economic growth for those communities. That's what you and Amtrak either want to overlook or fail to realize in your quest to push for lower costs.

2) Not everybody uses Unlimited MetroCards, though. I remember an article on Second Avenue Sagas saying that it was around 40% using PPR, 40% using Unlimited MetroCards, and 20% using something else (Senior MetroCards, Student MetroCards, etc). Yeah, Unlimited MetroCard users might not see as much of a decrease but it's still better than nothing.

And Metro-North, LIRR, and express bus riders don't get hit any harder (percentage-wise) than the regular riders do in terms of fare increases. It's just the weekly/monthly passes vs. paying per ride.

Well of course not everyone uses them, but 40% is certainly not a small percentage. And I sure as hell disagree with your argument that MetroNorth, LIRR and express bus riders don't get hit any harder in terms of fare increases. We pay almost triple the base fare in many cases, so we pay a significant amount more for our service often times with far less service in terms of reliability, etc. We pay for a "premium service", but it is far from "premium". IMO, the LIRR has to be the most overpriced transportation in the system, even moreso than the express bus. Granted our services cost more than LIB and so on but still.

3) That's what they want you to think. :(

Seriously, I just pointed to the fact that there are like 50 school districts and their population is 2/5 that of NYC. Yeah, you can't merge them into one district overnight, but at least you can start (not to mention that if there's that much waste in the school system, there's plenty of waste in the other departments)

That's one reason why the taxes are so high there... Excellent schools. You don't screw around with people's education, esp. not on Long Island.

1) And that's exactly why you don't propose cuts when there are already gaps in a network unless alternatives are made. That's exactly why I don't support cuts to a line like the S57 proposed by you and Amtrak when you already have significant cuts in North-South service on SI. I would say the same thing should hold true on Long Island. The one thing that these cuts have in common, be it Staten Island, New Jersey or Long Island... Cuts in transportation have significant effects on the neighborhoods economically. We saw how the businesses in NJ were calling on the passengers to use that bus in NJ because they understand the impact that those cuts have. You can argue that the cuts may decrease transportation costs, but they also tend to decrease the revenue that businesses who rely on those customers who use public transportation would get, which means fewer taxes being collected, fewer available jobs and less economic growth for those communities. That's what you and Amtrak either want to overlook or fail to realize in your quest to push for lower costs.

2) Well of course not everyone uses them, but 40% is certainly not a small percentage. And I sure as hell disagree with your argument that MetroNorth, LIRR and express bus riders don't get hit any harder in terms of fare increases. We pay almost triple the base fare in many cases, so we pay a significant amount more for our service often times with far less service in terms of reliability, etc. We pay for a "premium service", but it is far from "premium". IMO, the LIRR has to be the most overpriced transportation in the system, even moreso than the express bus. Granted our services cost more than LIB and so on but still.

3) That's one reason why the taxes are so high there... Excellent schools. You don't screw around with people's education, esp. not on Long Island.

1) But a 60 minute headway is still possible to plan around. I mean, the X17 used to have 60 minute headways on Saturdays, and the X10 used to have 60 minute headways on Sundays. For local service, there are plenty of routes in Long Island, Westchester, and New Jersey (even in areas that have the same layout as SI neighborhoods) that run on 60 minute headways. Of course, I'm sure they are pretty reliable, but if you think about it, it costs less (and can even be considered better for the passenger) to make a bus run every 60 minutes reliably than to have a bus running every 30 minutes and show up whenever. At least when it's reliable, you just time yourself for that bus.

In any case, as you know I've also advocated for modifying the S54 and bringing back weekend service, as well as bringing back weekend S66 service every hour (again, making sure they run reliably), so it's sort of a break-even.

Also, maybe there's some way the businesses can work out some agreement to fund the service in their area. If the MTA says "this route has low ridership, so we're eliminating it" or "we're reducing the service", the businesses along the route can come up with a plan to fund that low-ridership route.

2) Obviously I know they already cost more, but the people were aware of the high cost when they made the long-term decision to commute via commuter rail or express bus, not to mention that at least on the express buses, they cost more to operate than the local buses (they're drop-off-only, heavily peaked, no turnover, etc)

I'm talking percentage-wise, they weren't hit as hard. The last express bus fare hike was (I believe) from $45 to $50 per week (I'm pretty sure it went $41-$45-$50, rather than jumping from $41 to $50, but I'm not sure). In any case, that 10% fare hike was roughly the same as the hike from $27 to $29 on the local bus.

And just so you know, LIRR fares out to Zone 3 (Queens) are slightly cheaper than the express bus fares, and the same for Metro-North fares to The Bronx. Daily commuters don't have to buy the one-way tickets. They buy a pass (though as you know, it's not good on the subways or buses in NYC)

3) People place too much emphasis on education IMO. People were saying "You got accepted into Stuyvesant and SI Tech and you went to Port Richmond????", and look at me. I turned out just fine. :(

I mean, you could also argue that by directing funds out of the administration, you not only have money to put into the bus system, but also into improving the schools as well.

In any case, I was using that as an example of waste. If they have 50 school districts, I'm sure they have plenty of excess administration in other departments. Obviously, not living there I wouldn't know which departments specifically.

1) But a 60 minute headway is still possible to plan around. I mean, the X17 used to have 60 minute headways on Saturdays, and the X10 used to have 60 minute headways on Sundays. For local service, there are plenty of routes in Long Island, Westchester, and New Jersey (even in areas that have the same layout as SI neighborhoods) that run on 60 minute headways. Of course, I'm sure they are pretty reliable, but if you think about it, it costs less (and can even be considered better for the passenger) to make a bus run every 60 minutes reliably than to have a bus running every 30 minutes and show up whenever. At least when it's reliable, you just time yourself for that bus.

Well that's the whole problem. Reliability. That's another I'm going to write to my elected officials about. I want an investigation held as to where these buses are. Some of it is breakdowns but all of it. I've been meaning to write about this too and tonight is the night. I'm fired up now. :mad: I don't get why folks on Long Island are so in love with the (MTA). Did they forget how unreliable service has been? The new operator isn't in action yet and even before recently, reliability was a problem out there.

In any case, as you know I've also advocated for modifying the S54 and bringing back weekend service, as well as bringing back weekend S66 service every hour (again, making sure they run reliably), so it's sort of a break-even.

I personally would have more lines taken away from Castleton. They provide the worst overall servivce on all of Staten Island. I wonder if the unreliability on certain lines on Long Island works like this as well.

Also, maybe there's some way the businesses can work out some agreement to fund the service in their area. If the MTA says "this route has low ridership, so we're eliminating it" or "we're reducing the service", the businesses along the route can come up with a plan to fund that low-ridership route.

Would be a good idea for Long Island as well.

2) Obviously I know they already cost more, but the people were aware of the high cost when they made the long-term decision to commute via commuter rail or express bus, not to mention that at least on the express buses, they cost more to operate than the local buses (they're drop-off-only, heavily peaked, no turnover, etc)

I'm talking percentage-wise, they weren't hit as hard. The last express bus fare hike was (I believe) from $45 to $50 per week (I'm pretty sure it went $41-$45-$50, rather than jumping from $41 to $50, but I'm not sure). In any case, that 10% fare hike was roughly the same as the hike from $27 to $29 on the local bus.

Are you kidding me? The cost for these services has skyrocketed. It was always so expensive. May I remind you that we had a monthly express bus card that was around $100.00 - $120.00 that the (MTA) got rid of. It's now $80.00 more a month for the same commute.

And just so you know, LIRR fares out to Zone 3 (Queens) are slightly cheaper than the express bus fares, and the same for Metro-North fares to The Bronx. Daily commuters don't have to buy the one-way tickets. They buy a pass (though as you know, it's not good on the subways or buses in NYC)

Well I still think the LIRR esp. is ridiculously overpriced. Terrible seats, jerky ride. Not worth it at all. :tdown::tdown:

3) People place too much emphasis on education IMO. People were saying "You got accepted into Stuyvesant and SI Tech and you went to Port Richmond????", and look at me. I turned out just fine. :( I still remember my trip to the Oheka Castle out in Huntington on the LIRR. That was one uncomfortable ride there. The ride back was just "OK".

I mean, you could also argue that by directing funds out of the administration, you not only have money to put into the bus system, but also into improving the schools as well.

In any case, I was using that as an example of waste. If they have 50 school districts, I'm sure they have plenty of excess administration in other departments. Obviously, not living there I wouldn't know which departments specifically.

I disagree. As a former Spanish & Italian teacher, we're placing too much emphasis on bloody tests. It's not a coincidence that we're falling further and further behind other countries in the education department and it clearly shows by the amount of uneducated folks that I encounter on a daily basis. These folks can't even take simple orders. The other day I went to order lunch. I had to give my order 3 times and he still couldn't remember what I ordered. :( I would expect that at a McDonald's, not at a high end café.

3) People place too much emphasis on education IMO. People were saying "You got accepted into Stuyvesant and SI Tech and you went to Port Richmond????", and look at me. I turned out just fine. :(

S66 will not get back its weekend service end of story just cause it's done doesn't mean it works hourly lines deter ridership in LI and many suffolk lines are too crowded for hourly service so there is no way 60 min service should be done in SI you are insane buddy via 8 is right. I would kill S66 completely transfer jewett ave segment to S54 let S42 get manor road S54 let NJ be its destination cause service to NJ is non-existant. Lets get back to LI ppl many of my LI friends hate the LI service due to infrequent service. Many lines have no business being hourly especially at rush hour.

Well that's the whole problem. Reliability. That's another I'm going to write to my elected officials about. I want an investigation held as to where these buses are. Some of it is breakdowns but all of it. I've been meaning to write about this too and tonight is the night. I'm fired up now. :mad: I don't get why folks on Long Island are so in love with the (MTA). Did they forget how unreliable service has been? The new operator isn't in action yet and even before recently, reliability was a problem out there.

I personally would have more lines taken away from Castleton. They provide the worst overall servivce on all of Staten Island. I wonder if the unreliability on certain lines on Long Island works like this as well.

Would be a good idea for Long Island as well.

Are you kidding me? The cost for these services has skyrocketed. It was always so expensive. May I remind you that we had a monthly express bus card that was around $100.00 - $120.00 that the (MTA) got rid of. It's now $80.00 more a month for the same commute.

Well I still think the LIRR esp. is ridiculously overpriced. Terrible seats, jerky ride. Not worth it at all. :tdown::tdown:

I disagree. As a former Spanish & Italian teacher, we're placing too much emphasis on bloody tests. It's not a coincidence that we're falling further and further behind other countries in the education department and it clearly shows by the amount of uneducated folks that I encounter on a daily basis. These folks can't even take simple orders. The other day I went to order lunch. I had to give my order 3 times and he still couldn't remember what I ordered. :( I would expect that at a McDonald's, not at a high end café.

couldn't agree more and checkmate the business funding idea I submitted that to the MTA at the LIB meeting last year you know

1) Well that's the whole problem. Reliability. That's another I'm going to write to my elected officials about. I want an investigation held as to where these buses are. Some of it is breakdowns but all of it. I've been meaning to write about this too and tonight is the night. I'm fired up now. :mad: I don't get why folks on Long Island are so in love with the (MTA). Did they forget how unreliable service has been? The new operator isn't in action yet and even before recently, reliability was a problem out there.

2) I personally would have more lines taken away from Castleton. They provide the worst overall servivce on all of Staten Island. I wonder if the unreliability on certain lines on Long Island works like this as well.

3) Would be a good idea for Long Island as well.

4) Are you kidding me? The cost for these services has skyrocketed. It was always so expensive. May I remind you that we had a monthly express bus card that was around $100.00 - $120.00 that the (MTA) got rid of. It's now $80.00 more a month for the same commute.

5) Well I still think the LIRR esp. is ridiculously overpriced. Terrible seats, jerky ride. Not worth it at all. :tdown::tdown:

6) I disagree. As a former Spanish & Italian teacher, we're placing too much emphasis on bloody tests. It's not a coincidence that we're falling further and further behind other countries in the education department and it clearly shows by the amount of uneducated folks that I encounter on a daily basis. These folks can't even take simple orders. The other day I went to order lunch. I had to give my order 3 times and he still couldn't remember what I ordered. :( I would expect that at a McDonald's, not at a high end café.

1) I don't know if they necessarily want the MTA. They might just be upset that so little funding is being dedicated to the system.

2) True...

3) Yup. Very true. We'd just have to make sure nobody has their hand in the cookie jar and the money dedicated to keeping that service is used for its intended purpose.

4) When the express bus pass was $120, the local bus/subway pass was $63. It's still more or less 2 times the local fare, so you guys aren't getting hit harder than anybody else.

5) True...

6) To me, that just speaks about the type of people in this generation vs. previous ones, with people more concerned about the latest technology than academics. I mean, somebody could go to the best school in the city, but if they can't take an order right, that has nothing to do with their education. That just has to do with their intelligence.

I mean, schools can influence how much you learn, but most of it comes down to the individual. You put a smart, motivated student in the worst school in the city, and they'll succeed. You put a moron into the best school in the city and they'll still fail. It's as simple as that.

For instance in some of my classes, you have the students who sit there complaining "I don't get it. This teacher is terrible", when they don't take it upon themselves to understand the material better. The school has after-school tutoring (and of course, nerds like myself. :( ) to help them out. It's up to them whether they want to take advantage of that.

Quite a chunk of riders are transferring to city buses or the subway, and they're well aware of Mangano trying to short change the (MTA) and how little he wants to pay Veolia. To lose those guaranteed transfers and connections would hurt the thousands that use LIB to get into the city. And (I'm sure a certain few would love this) riders would have to pay again to get onto NYCT buses, on top of the high potential for even worse cuts than the (MTA) proposed and fare hikes that place whatever service they provide out of reach.

Beacuse it's Nassau Inner County Express that probably means shuttle like the N62 and N14 are going to be axed very soon.

I wonder if this means that buses will use the parkway (they are Nassau Inner County Express) or less stops

Beacuse it's Nassau Inner County Express that probably means shuttle like the N62 and N14 are going to be axed very soon.

I wonder if this means that buses will use the parkway (they are Nassau Inner County Express) or less stops

as if nassau has a huge parkway disadvantage in terms of bus service unless they plan on using minibuses or vans that is not gonna happen some SSP clearances are as low as 7"7 I know someone drove me on the SSP I know. Unless N62 becomes minibus it won't be able to use parkway and compete with the car. Only ones based on LIE like a radical attempt to garner extra ridership on N80 or N51 sending em on LIE but that is unpredictable. Ridership demand for LIE service to queens is unkown if they do it right they win if wrong then it will fail HARD!!!

To be honest A Long Island express service could work if they implement the route right.Express routing would help our QM3/5/6 if they utilize the service rd. around Little Neck Pkwy then still head eastbound having stops around Roslyn/Willis ave /Deer Park /New hyde park etc but I do hope they come up with something.

Archived