MTA Bus november agenda

Q101viaSteinway

Yup. Maybe someone like trainmaster who lived in NY for a while can confirm. There was a "Q21a' that ran the same route as the "Q21" then along Pitkin to Euclid Ave as most recent until the late 1980's. Not sure of the hours though or if ran only during the summer holiday season.

The Q21A ran I think up to about 8:30 pm daily on a 30 min headway, which often ran inconsistencly and inefficently. Service started at 6 am. It was discontinued because of low ridership. Riders between B.116 street and Piktin Avenue could easily take the Green Lines Q21 or the Triboro Coach Q53 lines. The Q21A also operated through underserved areas from Euclid Avenue to Cross Bay Boulevard. The only days it ways packed was when there was a G.O on the A making no trains service the Rockaways, back when the A operated to Ozone Park full time and Far Rockaway part-time.The A and H were more reliable than the Q21A, which riders preffered. Service was discontinued in 1988-1990 after that because of suffered ridership. The Q21 had 25% more ridership after that, and almost doubled after it's extention on Woodhaven Boulevard.

• 3 weeks later...

In reference to the route from Euclid Avenue to Rockaway, the route started at New Lots Avenue and Ashford Street, It would turn down Cleveland Street to Linden Boulevard then to Euclid Avenue to Pitkin Avenue. This was the route that was in effect before the A train ran to the Rockaways which came into effect 04/29/56. We had family in Far Rockaway and lived in East New York and I remember that is the way we went to see them.

The Corgi Old Look Green Bus Lines bus #310 has the sign New Lots/Far Rockaway.

This Q21 change makes sense....

w/ the initial route extension, that was done to try to limit the level of crowding on the Q11....

Having Q21's run LTD to Arverne takes ppl off Q53's @ Woodhaven/Hoffman (itself, at the very least) & eliminates a current (and common) xfer scenario over there on B. 96th st w/ Rockaway bound Q53's & Far Rockaway bound Q22's...

I've long been sayin that the Q21 to/from Rockaway park (B 116th st) is useless w/ the Q53 there... if a NB Q21 & a NB Q53 arrives at beach 96th st, you stand there & you will watch 99.9999% of riders bombard that Q53... guaranteed.

so you'll have the:

- Q22 continue to serve both ends of the rockaways...

- the Q21 assist the Q22 towards arverne, and

- the Q53 along the Q22 towards rockaway pk....

Instead of the Q22 all by itself, east of the x-bay bridge, and the Q21 & 53, along w/ the Q22 west of the bridge.

THe Q21 to Arvern is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

Being a resident of Far Rock for 20 years, the east end needed the extra service! This will be a welcomed change. The 53 is ridiculous! 95th St can have many people waiting to transfer between the 53 and 22. Personally, I feel the reropute should go as far as the Depot. It can serve the Hospital, More of the ABTS development which they'll probably do in a year or 2 as the development expands.

In reference to the route from Euclid Avenue to Rockaway, the route started at New Lots Avenue and Ashford Street, It would turn down Cleveland Street to Linden Boulevard then to Euclid Avenue to Pitkin Avenue. This was the route that was in effect before the A train ran to the Rockaways which came into effect 04/29/56. We had family in Far Rockaway and lived in East New York and I remember that is the way we went to see them.

The Corgi Old Look Green Bus Lines bus #310 has the sign New Lots/Far Rockaway.

As far as the old Q21A, i remember that route up until around '91. Yes, it was a Non-RR alternative to far rock. By its last days in the late 80s-early 90s, it ran 90 minte headways with only about 2 or 3 buses on that line. It did indeen ran from New lots to far rock along a paralell route ot the 22. the routes split at 73rd and the 21A continued along Rock Bch Blvd untill it turned into Edgemere ave around 54th ST.. At 35th st, it ran up Bch Channel Dr to Cornaga where it joined the 22 at 21st. It was discontinued due to low ridership. Not because it paralelled the A. Back then, bus routes that paralelled a subway wasnt reason to discontinue as in recent cuts.

My thanks to Far Rock Depot for updating me on the Q/21A as I moved from East New York in 1957 and my last visit there was around 1960. I remember the 21A as my grandfather lived on Cleveland Street just off Livonia and I would see the 21A as I walked from the New Lots Avenue Station.

There is a very good book available "New York City Transit Buses", 1945 -1975Photo Archive by Guy E. Martin Hudson Wisc. Iconografix, 2005 that is available through interlibrary loan through your local public library. There is a wealth of information concerning the private bus lines along with lots of pictures.

Why run the Q21 LTD? Just have people use the Q53. Rerouting it to Arverne is a good idea, though.

People from Arverne would have a faster ride to the Mainland of Queens on the (Q21) LTD, since the (Q22) and the (Q21) are both locals. I guess the Q22 riders who use the bus from one of the future limited bus stops in Arverne to another limited stop would mostly likely take the Q21 LTD over the Q22. From 2007, service ridership went up 86%. With the new rerouting and it's new limited stop patern ,ridership is expected to increase another 12%. The Q22 will lose between 1-5% of Ridership, which isn't a lot.

So, I kind of like the idea on having the Bx30 running on Asch Loop in both directions again. This seems like a good idea for all of the people living in Co-Op City, but what's with the idea of rerouting the Q21 to Arverne-by-the-Sea? I know for a fact that can't be right, I mean, sure it will help out the Arverne neighborhood with other families moving into new apartment buildings,

and that seems like a good idea to the MTA. I just don't think that the Q21 should be rerouted along a new route east. In fact, the MTA should do something a little bit better than the Q21 idea. I was thinking, what if they try to reroute and extend the Q11 down with the Q21 and Q53LTD to the Arverne apartments, and make that one a Weekday Limited-Stop Service running in both directions (from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM)? It's the perfect solution to the ridership for the Rockaways residents going shopping at the Queens Center Mall seasonally and yearly. What do you think, is that swell enough for y'all?:)

What would serve Howard Beach then if you took the Q11 away and sent to to the Rockaways? Not to mention that it would cost extra money traveling the extra distance (even if the City is reimbursing them)

In any case, they probably felt that Rockaway Park had enough service with the Q53 (B35 is down there a lot and from what he said, 99% of the riders will take the Q53 if it comes at the same time as a Q21), and there were a lot of riders transferring from the Q53 to the Q22, so they figured that they might as well "even it out".

The Q21 accomplishes nothing in Rockaway Park.

For those who don't know, in Rockaway Park, the first stop on the Q21 to Woodside is on B116th St, smack in the middle of the block in front of the train station. During the summer, boatloads of people get on the Q53. You'd think the Q21 would take on some of those people, right?

Actually, no, because the Q21's first stop is at the end of the block with the Q35. Nobody gets on the Q21 there... pretty much everybody waits for the Q35.

Also, you saw the numbers I posted right? Every weekday, the Q21 transports 300 people to the Rockaways compared to the 3800 on the Q53. Meaning that, for every 12 or so people riding the Q53 to the Rockaways, only one is one the Q21.

Sending the Q21 to Arvene can help take steer provide a one-seat ridewhere there used to be a transfer. And maybe it can be extended further East in the future.

Like what GothamBusCo. people are passing up empty locals in favor of crowded Q53 Limited buses. Cutting the Q11 short-turn buses to Piktin Av, and using them for the Q21 Limited instead, will help alleviate that.

Good thing the Q21 isn't a NYCT route, it may not have gotten this far.

It looks like the 21 is nearly identical to the 53, except for the little section where it veers off of Cross Island, and then not going past Queens Blvd.

So I think they should reroute it the other way on the peninsula. Don't need to go to the same place.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this has been stated already but I personally think there is no such need for a Q21 LTD. The Q21, IMO, supports laziness and adds traffic. As I already stated in the Random Bus thoughts thread, if the people in Arverne want limited service to Elmhurst or whatever, they should take the Q22 (or now Q21) to Cross Bay Blvd (either before crossing the bridge or the first Q53 stop after) and get a free transfer to the Q53. There is really no need for the Q21 LTD. What the (MTA) seriously needs to do is find a way to make a Q60 LTD. Traffic a Problem? Let it run along Queens Blvd exp lanes. A Q60 LTD would rather be a brilliant idea, I bet it has been said already about 1000 times that we need a Q60 LTD. Or, if the MTA would be really nice and actually put their money to good use, get a Q60 +SBS+.

just my thoughts, really think the MTA needs to start thinking better.

I don't know if this has been stated already but I personally think there is no such need for a Q21 LTD. The Q21, IMO, supports laziness and adds traffic. As I already stated in the Random Bus thoughts thread, if the people in Arverne want limited service to Elmhurst or whatever, they should take the Q22 (or now Q21) to Cross Bay Blvd (either before crossing the bridge or the first Q53 stop after) and get a free transfer to the Q53. There is really no need for the Q21 LTD. What the (MTA) seriously needs to do is find a way to make a Q60 LTD. Traffic a Problem? Let it run along Queens Blvd exp lanes. A Q60 LTD would rather be a brilliant idea, I bet it has been said already about 1000 times that we need a Q60 LTD. Or, if the MTA would be really nice and actually put their money to good use, get a Q60 +SBS+.

I dont think you understand the purpose of the Q21 LTD, it kills a lot of pressure off of the Q53 and serves an area that the Q53 doesnt serve from my understanding. It also doesnt have to go through that hot mess it usually went through, the Q21 now goes one way while the 53 goes another. It has helped quite a lot.

For the Q60 to be LTD or SBS, it has to be suffering a lot of problems like the M15 or the Bx12, which it doesnt. It doesnt get overcrowded and thats the #1 thing.

as a recent former rockaway resident and very fuequent user of rockaway route, i question how often have you actually used the service. mysterious2train actually took the words out of my mouth. sending the q21 east and adding ltd service is the best thing to happen to rockaways service since the takeover. most of the q53 riders in and out of rockaway transfer to the q22. not to mention the majority of q53 buses are way too crowded especially during the rush hours. you may see this as my opinion only as we are all intitled to have, but im also stating from years of experience and frequent usage as far back as the pbl companies in the 90s. the new Q21 is quite welcomed in the rockaways.

I dont think you understand the purpose of the Q21, it kills a lot of pressure off of the Q53 and serves an area that the Q53 doesnt serve from my understanding. It also doesnt have to go through that hot mess it usually went through, the Q21 now goes one way while the 53 goes another. It has helped quite a lot.

For the Q60 to be LTD or SBS, it has to be suffering a lot of problems like the M15 or the Bx12, which it doesnt. It doesnt get overcrowded and thats the #1 thing.

Can I throw in my 10 Cents?

Actually the (Q60) does get infrequent & does bunch @ times as I've witnessed & it does in fact get overcrowded so there's some issues right there. Then there's also the traffic on Queens Blvd that's an issue in itself. Sorry but I for one can't see the (Q60) getting a LTD for those reasons. Unless the Bunching/Infrequency issues are solved somehow I don't the route will see a LTD or +SBS version of itself at all.

Actually the (Q60) does get infrequent & does bunch @ times as I've witnessed & it does in fact get overcrowded so there's some issues right there. Then there's also the traffic on Queens Blvd that's an issue in itself. Sorry but I for one can't see the (Q60) getting a LTD for those reasons. Unless the Bunching/Infrequency issues are solved somehow I don't the route will see a LTD or +SBS version of itself at all.

I truly agree with you with the (Q60) part.....it always bunches up with 4-5 bus within 5 mins apart from each other. People always think a Limited or +SBS+ will work and trust me it won't work. Queens Blvd is problematic enough with traffic and many other factors you've stated. After seeing a accident @ Queens and Woodhaven Blvds....Queens Blvd will never change nor get solved/1

What would solve the (Q60) bunching & delay problems IMO are:

1)Getting artics.

2)Traffic light/singal proprity.

3)Create more and or stricter enforcement of existing bus only lanes along QB 'hot spots' i.e Queens Center Mall area, Forest Hills and of course Queens Plaza.

4)Alternative (Q60) starts/ends at 21st Street weekdays to avoid 59th Street Bridge traffic. Besides every other (Q60) there also (Q32) and (Q101) to Manhattan as well.

If those 4 steps don't work then a Q60 SBS is needed. Personally for now, it should be a rush hour only 'limited' right now but it not on top of the (MTA) Bus agenda.

The Q21 is better off in Arvene then in Rockaway Park. As you can see in the (MTA)'s report, the Q53 used to transport over 12 times as many people to the Rockaways on an average day then the Q21 (300 vs 3800). The Q21 to Rockaway Park was barely used.

The Q53's first stop is right in front of the train station on B116th St. The Q21 however, had its first stop up at Newport Av with the Q35. This was not an accident. People don't want to take the Q21 to Rockaway Park. The Q53 is much more frequent, and it doesn't meander through Lindenwood the way the Q21 does.

More than once I've waited for the Q35 at Newport Av & B116th St and a Q21 would pull up that only 1 or 2 people would board while a good or 10 or so people were waiting for the Q35 (me included).

People coming from Arvene who formerly had a two-seat ride North now have a one-seat ride. What exactly is wrong with people not having to transfer to get where they want to go?

Maybe you could say that more people might hop on the Q21 on B116th St if it stopped at the Q53's stop in front of the (A)(S) station, but the fact that the Q53 is 3-4 times more frequent than the Q53 (8-10 minutes vs 30 minutes generally) makes me doubt that. Numbers aren't everything, but the fact that the Q53 transports 12 times as many people to the Rockaways then the Q21 while generally only running 3-4 times as much should say something.

More frequent Q21 service would probably have led to more service, but the trip to Lindenwood would still be a turn-off to some I would imagine.

The Q21 Limited takes pressure off the Q53. If local buses are going underused and Limited buses are packed, wouldn't it do good to turn a portion of those local buses into Limiteds?

It's not like the Q21 Limited runs 24/7, it's Peak Rush Hour only. And considering this Q21 Limited is made up of old Q11 short-turn buses to Piktin Ave, it's not as if it's adding more traffic on Woodhaven Blvd or anything. I can't really see these buses 6 extra buses an hour during Peak Rush Hour (every half hour all other times) causing a traffic jam or whatever in Arvene. And on the flip side, this is a little less traffic in Rockaway Park, no?

Outside of Peak Rush Hour, Arvene still only has half-hourly Q21 service. Not the best headaways. Rockaway Park still has the Q53 with do-able 8-10 minute headaways. In the off-chance it becomes overcrowded, extra service can always be added.

And besides, who's to say some people won't still take the Q22 to the Q53? The Q21's 30-minute service and the fact that it runs through Lindenwood while the Q53 bypasses it could very well be influencing factors.

To the (MTA), the Q21 change is good because it gives a bunch of people new service for almost nothing. Cross Bay Bridge to Rockaway Park vs. Cross Bay Bridge to Arvene is almost the same distance, and the Q21 Limited is as I said before is simply a former Q11 short-turn. I don't think the (MTA) will go too crazy over the added mileage of a bus to the Rockaways vs. a bus to Piktin Av.

Ignoring the whole blank-check deal for MTA Bus Company, if someone can come up with a cost-neutral way to add Q60 Limited or SBS service, then maybe they might be inclined to do so.

And frowning upon the Q21 Limited because it encourages laziness and because it's not on the Q60? Kinda silly, don't you think?

A local Q11/Q21 rider upset at the decrease in peak rush hour local service, someone in Rockaway Park upset at the loss of the Q21/someone in Lindenwood upset at the loss of a one-seat ride to Rockaway Park might have a valid complaint, but not this.

Still, considering that Q21 ridership to Rockaway Park was so low compared to the Q53, I doubt most non-Q21 riders would even care about such a complaint from a Q21 rider in Rockaway Park.

And as Far Rock Depot can attest to, it would seem the positives of this change handily trump the negatives (such as the losses I stated above).

Besides, wouldn't you be better off starting a new thread to talk about the Q60 then a largely irrelevant post such as that?

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just Saiyan.

EDIT: In making this long post, it would seem that there are a couple of new posts above me.

It really is a good thing the Q21 is not a NYCT route, the fact that's it a slower, shorter and much less frequent Q53 and a Q11 clone on Woodhaven Blvd may have very well been its doom in June 2010.

Now the Q21 has a chance to shine ^_^

Unless the Bunching/Infrequency issues are solved somehow I don't the route will see a LTD or +SBS version of itself at all.

About the 60.... Yes, thank you... I've been sayin that for years.... No SBS, No LTD, and nothing involving splitting the Q60 either... the current short turns @ LIRR Jamaica will have to suffice...

Now the Q21 has a chance to shine

Yep, the route surely has come a long way....

But I kinda-sorta see where ole boy's (4P) comin from, regarding the 21 LTD .... The physical route extension to Arverne is fine/justified (I'm not sure if he's disputing the actual extension or not)... It's the making it a LTD part is where I tend to side w/ him on..... You can still have it to where it'd go from QB to Arverne, while bypassing Lindenwood, without making/denoting it a LTD....

It would still assist the 53, due to the simple fact that it a] goes to the rockaways & b] serves the opposite "side" of the rockaways the 53 does; thus eliminating an xfer scenario b/w the 22 & the 53 to get to "mainland" Queens....

I'm not co-signing where he talks about laziness & adding traffic though.... that part of it is a ridiculous argument....

About the 60.... Yes, thank you... I've been sayin that for years.... No SBS, No LTD, and nothing involving splitting the Q60 either... the current short turns @ LIRR Jamaica will have to suffice...

Yep, the route surely has come a long way....

But I kinda-sorta see where ole boy's (4P) comin from, regarding the 21 LTD .... The physical route extension to Arverne is fine/justified (I'm not sure if he's disputing the actual extension or not)... It's the making it a LTD part is where I tend to side w/ him on..... You can still have it to where it'd go from QB to Arverne, while bypassing Lindenwood, without making/denoting it a LTD....

It would still assist the 53, due to the simple fact that it a] goes to the rockaways & b] serves the opposite "side" of the rockaways the 53 does; thus eliminating an xfer scenario b/w the 22 & the 53 to get to "mainland" Queens....

I'm not co-signing where he talks about laziness & adding traffic though.... that part of it is a ridiculous argument....

I know Lindenwood would scream but the "Q21" does not need to serve there. Extend either the "Q41" or a branch of the "Q11" (I would just create a shuttle bus between the Hamilton Beach Q11 and the Rockaway Blvd/Liberty for that purpose running every 20-30 minutes)through Lindenwood and call it a day.

If the Q11 served Lindenwood or not, I always felt the last southbound/terminal aka full time service should be at 164th/Cross Bay right before the Bridge. There quiet a few riders south of it's current full time terminal at Pitkin/Cross Bay. Or just have the "Q53" run hourly alternative with the Q11 24/7.

And not to get off topic but the Q53 between 12Midnight-last bus(appx. 130am daily) and between 530am(first bus)-730am Sunday Mornings should make all stops along Cross Bay/Woodhaven to help out the Q11 running every 30-40 minutes during those times.

From all the times I've ridden the Q60 (which is quite a lot as of late), I've never had a bus so far that was ever overcrowded. For the most part, the Q60 becomes infrequent because of the traffic. On a good day with no traffic, you can get to the city in about 40-45 minutes flat. The line does get crowded, but not like Crosstown status like the M15 and many of the Manhattan routes have suffered along with the Bx12 LTD during its time.

The choking points start from Union Turnpike down all the way to Queens Center Mall, after that, they pretty much haul some serious ass along the way. The only other reason I can't see the Q60 getting SBS is quite simple, it basically duplicates the entire subway to an extent serving all the areas that are not ADA accessible.

What would solve the (Q60) bunching & delay problems IMO are:

1)Getting artics.

Have you seen the streets the Q60 passes through? Artics would have a hell of a time getting out of the stops especially when parking is on both sides of the lanes the Q60 travels on.

I know Lindenwood would scream but the "Q21" does not need to serve there. Extend either the "Q41" or a branch of the "Q11" (I would just create a shuttle bus between the Hamilton Beach Q11 and the Rockaway Blvd/Liberty for that purpose running every 20-30 minutes)through Lindenwood and call it a day.

Are you kidding me?! Extend the Q41?! No, I'm sorry I'd rather not have that happen. The Q41 already has a bunch of problems trying to keep up with the service and extend it will kill the service even more. There is always a HUGE gap between Q41s during the middays because of its infrequency..

From all the times I've ridden the Q60 (which is quite a lot as of late), I've never had a bus so far that was ever overcrowded. For the most part, the Q60 becomes infrequent because of the traffic. On a good day with no traffic, you can get to the city in about 40-45 minutes flat. The line does get crowded, but not like Crosstown status like the M15 and many of the Manhattan routes have suffered along with the Bx12 LTD during its time.

The choking points start from Union Turnpike down all the way to Queens Center Mall, after that, they pretty much haul some serious ass along the way. The only other reason I can't see the Q60 getting SBS is quite simple, it basically duplicates the entire subway to an extent serving all the areas that are not ADA accessible.

Have you seen the streets the Q60 passes through? Artics would have a hell of a time getting out of the stops especially when parking is on both sides of the lanes the Q60 travels on.

Are you kidding me?! Extend the Q41?! No, I'm sorry I'd rather not have that happen. The Q41 already has a bunch of problems trying to keep up with the service and extend it will kill the service even more. There is always a HUGE gap between Q41s during the middays because of its infrequency..

Oh forgot. I admit i dont use the SW Queens routes that often anymore. I did in the late 1990's when i was still in Brooklyn.

With that said, then the best thing is just a branch of the Q11 is sent to serve via Lindenwood with a terminal at 164th/Cross Bay. After 10pm all Q11's run staright on Cross Bay/Woodhaven between Liberty and 164th.

I like the fact that the Q21 doesn't go to 116th anymore and that its a Limited route, as a Rockaway resident I've had to go through the mayhem on the Q53 going and coming from QCM, even the school tripper Q21 to QCM would be empty, that probably why they stopped doing it. But anyway I was sorta wondering if they would extend the Q21 to around the B.30s or where the Q113 begins/ends on Seagirt, I mean in the morning its hell on the Q22 because most of the people get off at like B.97th to get the Q53. It should even out the amount of people on the Q22, usually theres about 3 or 4 Q22s back to back in the mornings.

I know Lindenwood would scream but the "Q21" does not need to serve there. Extend either the "Q41" or a branch of the "Q11" (I would just create a shuttle bus between the Hamilton Beach Q11 and the Rockaway Blvd/Liberty for that purpose running every 20-30 minutes) through Lindenwood and call it a day.

I can agree that Lindenwood doesn't need 2 bus routes serving it.... but I totally disagree on extending the 41 anywhere... all those tight residential streets that route currently travels on; the last thing the 41 needs is an extension... If anything, it can benefit from a route restructure (if at all possible) to where it isn't traveling on as many narrow streets..... Still remaining to run b/w Jamaica & Howaard bch (east).....

It should even out the amount of people on the Q22, usually theres about 3 or 4 Q22s back to back in the mornings.

It's like that in the late afternoons/early evening also... there's been many a time where I've been on Q35's heading back to brooklyn where it'd reach the B 169th st stop, where there's 2 Q22's on layover & 1 arriving right behind the 35 I'm on, as it's making the u-turn.....

When I used to take the QM16, I would notice a common occurrence of back to back Q22's (either direction).... I'm not sure why buses on that route tend to run so closely together......

I can agree that Lindenwood doesn't need 2 bus routes serving it.... but I totally disagree on extending the 41 anywhere... all those tight residential streets that route currently travels on; the last thing the 41 needs is an extension... If anything, it can benefit from a route restructure (if at all possible) to where it isn't traveling on as many narrow streets..... Still remaining to run b/w Jamaica & Howaard bch (east).....

It's like that in the late afternoons/early evening also... there's been many a time where I've been on Q35's heading back to brooklyn where it'd reach the B 169th st stop, where there's 2 Q22's on layover & 1 arriving right behind the 35 I'm on, as it's making the u-turn.....

When I used to take the QM16, I would notice a common occurrence of back to back Q22's (either direction).... I'm not sure why buses on that route tend to run so closely together......

Q22s are scheduled every 7-10 mins during peak hours. given the lower capacity of low floors compared to high floors, people bunching up between the front wheelwells, and certain parts of the line seeing a good amout of people(60s, hammels, 116th,etc), down the line two or more buses tend to bunch.

But anyway I was sorta wondering if they would extend the Q21 to around the B.30s or where the Q113 begins/ends on Seagirt, I mean in the morning its hell on the Q22 because most of the people get off at like B.97th to get the Q53.

Moving the Q21 from Rockaway Park to Arvene and adding a LTD was probably an easy choice for the (MTA) to make because it cost them almost nothing.

(This doesn't take into account the blank check for (MTA) Bus Company routes; the (MTA) might not want to fall back on that, because it may not last forever.)

Extending the Q21 to Far Rockaway on the other hand, will definitely cost $$$. The (MTA) likely won't want to do that unless they believe extra revenue brought in from the Q21 extension will be worth the extra mileage... or they cut/change service somewhere else to fund such an extension.

Geez, when last the time we had a route changed dramatically like this? (not counting the service cuts) The Q8 extension to Gateway Mall, maybe?

Archived