X23 and X24 takeover by this Fall.

Charleston

Hello, my name is Charleston & this is my first time on this board.

I've have seen post on bustalk & transitforum but none is better than this site & I hope that you'll enjoy my post & hopefully respond to them if you have a chance whether you're a transitbuff or a transit worker.

I have a question, since I have seen the post so many times on bustalk & sometimes on transitstuff, maybe you or some of you can help me out on this but is the Transit Authority going to takeover both the X23 & X24 by this fall, if there are plans for the takeover this fall, will the Transit Authority have enough express bus coaches to run these two routes due to the fact that new MCI buses are coming which I read about before but will they be here before the takeover happens & what depot will these two routes be based out of, does Yukon or Castleton Depots have room to support these two routes or is the Transit Authority planning to look at another location before the takeover happens.

All your help is greatly appreciated, please post anything you might have concerning the takeover, whether you are a bus driver on Staten Island who might know that post on this site.

Hello, my name is Charleston & this is my first time on this board.

I've have seen post on bustalk & transitforum but none is better than this site & I hope that you'll enjoy my post & hopefully respond to them if you have a chance whether you're a transitbuff or a transit worker.

I have a question, since I have seen the post so many times on bustalk & sometimes on transitstuff, maybe you or some of you can help me out on this but is the Transit Authority going to takeover both the X23 & X24 by this fall, if there are plans for the takeover this fall, will the Transit Authority have enough express bus coaches to run these two routes due to the fact that new MCI buses are coming which I read about before but will they be here before the takeover happens & what depot will these two routes be based out of, does Yukon or Castleton Depots have room to support these two routes or is the Transit Authority planning to look at another location before the takeover happens.

All your help is greatly appreciated, please post anything you might have concerning the takeover, whether you are a bus driver on Staten Island who might know that post on this site.

Well first off I would like to welcome you to NYC Transit Forums. In response to you post, The x23 and x24 will be operated out of Yukon until the new Charleston Depot opens. The MTA will definitely have enough buses to run these lines with the arrival of the new 2200 Series MCI's that will be coming in over the next few months. First delivery is scheduled for Monday June 16th. As far as them having space is another issue. Casleton and Yukon both have already exceeded bus capacity at the depots. Together the two depots are overloaded with aproximately 760 buses, so a few more won't kill them.

BTW, enjoy the board!

I would like to Thank you for your response in regards to the takeover of both the X23 & X24 routes, but I was wonderning since Yukon will operate these two routes, where are the buses going to be stored at, will these extra buses be stored at the Yukon Annex at the Eltingville Transit Center or will Yukon be losing some routes to Castleton Depot in favor of the takeover of both the X23 & X24 routes.

Also, will the routes be the same when the takeover happens, if not, what will the new routings of both routes be on both Staten Island & Manhattan be like.

I would like to Thank you for your response in regards to the takeover of both the X23 & X24 routes, but I was wonderning since Yukon will operate these two routes, where are the buses going to be stored at, will these extra buses be stored at the Yukon Annex at the Eltingville Transit Center or will Yukon be losing some routes to Castleton Depot in favor of the takeover of both the X23 & X24 routes.

Also, will the routes be the same when the takeover happens, if not, what will the new routings of both routes be on both Staten Island & Manhattan be like.

Not sure whether they will be at the annex or not, but their are no plans to change the routes as of yet.

Archived