NJ Transit tests 'security shields' to prevent attacks on bus drivers

CPBO

What happened up in Dover?

A couple of years ago a Dover cop was responding to a call on the tracks. Neither he or his dispatchers informed NJT that there was an officer on the track. He was hit and killed by the train....the other officers at the scene dragged the engineer off the train and "tuned him up". NJTPD stood by and let it happen.

A couple of years ago a Dover cop was responding to a call on the tracks. Neither he or his dispatchers informed NJT that there was an officer on the track. He was hit and killed by the train....the other officers at the scene dragged the engineer off the train and "tuned him up". NJTPD stood by and let it happen.

Oh my god!! Did they get in trouble?!?! Its not the engineer's fault the cop was on the tracks!! Dispatch should've warned the engineer!

I find this story pretty hard to believe. You telling me that some Dover cops, in the middle of a huge scene, went up to the cab of an engine of a train, dragged the engineer from the cabin, beat him, in front of NJTPD, NJT supervisors, Dover PD supervisors, Dover EMS, Dover FD, Morris County Prosecutor Office folks, NJT passengers, the NJT crew and not one person did anything? And also after the incident, the NJT engineer didn't report the incident to the Morris County Prosecutors Office or his/her union? Come on dude. Find it hard to believe.

I don't know what your problem is with cops, but until you walk a day in their shoes, you really shouldn't judge. Believe me, I could care less whether you have any respect for me, the agency I work for, or any other police agency, but again and again with your posts under this topic, you show your ignorance. Yes, this is a balsy statement for a new jack on the board, but I have read some ignorant comments under this topic from both you and 553.

I find this story pretty hard to believe. You telling me that some Dover cops, in the middle of a huge scene, went up to the cab of an engine of a train, dragged the engineer from the cabin, beat him, in front of NJTPD, NJT supervisors, Dover PD supervisors, Dover EMS, Dover FD, Morris County Prosecutor Office folks, NJT passengers, the NJT crew and not one person did anything? And also after the incident, the NJT engineer didn't report the incident to the Morris County Prosecutors Office or his/her union? Come on dude. Find it hard to believe.

I don't know what your problem is with cops, but until you walk a day in their shoes, you really shouldn't judge. Believe me, I could care less whether you have any respect for me, the agency I work for, or any other police agency, but again and again with your posts under this topic, you show your ignorance. Yes, this is a balsy statement for a new jack on the board, but I have read some ignorant comments under this topic from both you and 553.

Cops have no to right to storm into a engine and beat the hell out a engineer. Cops are there own enemy. Yes there is good ones, however the bad ones out number the good ones. And why don't you believe that happened? You think he would make that up for his health? Cops use the power the wrong way and for all the wrong reasons. And njt cops(most) are straight up rejects. I see njt cops everyday and they are morons. Yes I'm a operator and yes I tell them to get a life.

Me and bz's post are not ignorant, people take it the wrong way. In person I'm the same way I speak the truth wether someone likes it or not.

Cops have no to right to storm into a engine and beat the hell out a engineer. Cops are there own enemy. Yes there is good ones, however the bad ones out number the good ones. And why don't you believe that happened? You think he would make that up for his health? Cops use the power the wrong way and for all the wrong reasons. And njt cops(most) are straight up rejects. I see njt cops everyday and they are morons. Yes I'm a operator and yes I tell them to get a life.

Me and bz's post are not ignorant, people take it the wrong way. In person I'm the same way I speak the truth wether someone likes it or not.

To say NJT cops are (most) rejects seems like a fairly ignorant comment to me. To make a public statement saying that cops committed a crime, without some sort of documentation to back your statements, seems to be ignorant. Do I think the engineer made up the story? No. I believe that YOU GUYS made up the story, or it has been a game of telephone that has been told around the bus depots/rail yards and have not been verified. I find it hard to believe, especially since right after a fatality, the engineer is probably with his union delegate on the way to get tested for alcohol and drugs back at NJT GOB. And do you think NJT management covered this up when the engineer had to go see the agency shrink to clear him to go back to work? Please, lets be serious.

I am sorry you failed the police entrance exam. But believe me, I won't judge all bus operators by just your statements.

BTW, if I am wrong, I will gladly take back my comments and apologize.

To say NJT cops are (most) rejects seems like a fairly ignorant comment to me.

You can say it's an ignorant comment but 553 is speaking from the perspective of having to deal with them on a daily basis. It's a valid observation. Just like me saying the Keystone Cops could do a better job than the PAPD.

To make a public statement saying that cops committed a crime, without some sort of documentation to back your statements, seems to be ignorant. Do I think the engineer made up the story? No. I believe that YOU GUYS made up the story, or it has been a game of telephone that has been told around the bus depots/rail yards and have not been verified. I find it hard to believe, especially since right after a fatality, the engineer is probably with his union delegate on the way to get tested for alcohol and drugs back at NJT GOB. And do you think NJT management covered this up when the engineer had to go see the agency shrink to clear him to go back to work? Please, lets be serious.

You can believe what you want. I've been told this story by different people at (NJT) and the story hasn't changed. NJTPD did not charge any of the Dover cops (a police force with a history of misconduct and corruption ). To me the whole situation reeks of that "Blue Wall" crap. The union is dealing with this issue....the whole situation is far from over...lawsuits have been filed on all sides. The engineer is still not back to work.

I am sorry you failed the police entrance exam. But believe me, I won't judge all bus operators by just your statements.

Sorry dude, never took the police exam. Thanks for the laugh though.

To get back at the topic at hand.....Shields are not gonna make that much a different as long as B/Os still have to mess with large amounts of cash. The fact that (NJT) is ok with guys on the 320 are turning in 2-3000 dollars on a regular basis show they don't really care what happens out here nor are they in a rush to do something about it. Blood has already been shed with no change....sadly it's gonna take an operator loosing his/her life to force change.

I understand that you are right BUT not all cops are useless ********. YOU were just plain unlucky enough to run in with the shitty ones. you don't speak from ignorance but bad experience. If your experience was different you would say different things.

To say NJT cops are (most) rejects seems like a fairly ignorant comment to me. To make a public statement saying that cops committed a crime, without some sort of documentation to back your statements, seems to be ignorant. Do I think the engineer made up the story? No. I believe that YOU GUYS made up the story, or it has been a game of telephone that has been told around the bus depots/rail yards and have not been verified. I find it hard to believe, especially since right after a fatality, the engineer is probably with his union delegate on the way to get tested for alcohol and drugs back at NJT GOB. And do you think NJT management covered this up when the engineer had to go see the agency shrink to clear him to go back to work? Please, lets be serious.

BTW, if I am wrong, I will gladly take back my comments and apologize.

dude they obviously had bad runnings with them so its only natural they have the opinions that they do. If I had similar experiences I would say the same thing however I also understand that to say all NJT cops are useless is almost a complete impossibility mathematically. Each person is different this includes cops they are good ones great ones and really shitty ones in every police force. 553 and bzguy unfortunatly saw and met the shitty ones and the really dumb ass ones hence why they view NJT cops the way they do. However all they need is to meet the good competent ones and they will learn that the good ones actually agree with them that some ******** make em look bad real bad which is why 553 and BZguy feel the way they do. It's not ignorance they speak out of they speak out of bad experience it's literally human nature to hate things that are bad to us or around us. The thing is NJT just has some REALLY BAD cops which reflect badly on the force even though NOT ALL of em are dumb ******** as that is literally impossible. It's like saying all islamics are extreme which is not the case. It's hard to respect those who only shown complete incompetence in one's presence. as a result they have those views for a reason. If their experience was different then their views would be different. everyone is different and experiences things differently. @553 you have to be exagerating when you say ALL NJT cops are useless. Based on my observations most rainbow girls are fugly HOWEVER I understand that it's literally impossible for ALL of the rainbow ones to be fugly same logic applies in this case ALL is a figure of speech to describe most of ones' experience with others.

Ok, come and work for njt and deal with there cops and come back to me in a week.

When the local and state cops are called to the ac bus term for a incident ON A BUS what does that tell you. While njt cops are sitting on they ass in the office then decides to show up after local police arrive. Ppl constantly smoke on the platform and they do nothing time after time. I don't smoke so for me it bothers the hell out of me.

Anyways back on topic.

Archived