FASTRACK Subway Repair Discussion

6 Lexington Ave

I have a question since the (Q) will be terminating at 57th street/6th ave how will the F service will be running? Normal F service. Will it delay the (F) service coming from Jamaica.

Darn it! I was expecting an overnight service on the (B) line!

I went a year ago to see this similar scenario with the (M) . Southbound (F) trains ran via 53rd Street, and northbound (F) still ran via 63rd Street. The (M) and (F) still shared the northbound track at 57th Street, but the (M) came about every 20 minutes or so. The Metropolitan bound (M) wrong-railed out of the station.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, lower level. They always turn there because there's a crossover from the middle express track to the Ditmars-bound track, and Ditmars-bound trains can access the middle track from the lower level. Trains can't turn around on the upper level unless the QBP-bound trains are running on the middle track, which I don't recall ever happening.

I also noticed that both the CIS and the C/R were talking about shuttle buses running between 161 and 205. This was the first I was hearing of this - I thought they were only running the buses between Mosholu and 205? I also didn't see any evidence of buses at Kingsbridge, and I walked by both the (4) and (D) stations.

You were right - the buses were only running between Mosholu and 205th.

Just learned that there is a 57/6 program for the Q, but there is a glitch on it. Why does it say Queens bound (Q) train if the train is not going to Queens? The (M) also has a 57/6 program whenever it is extended on the weekends and it announces "This is a 57 Street, Sixth Avenue bound M Train". Not that it matters since the C/R time and time will make announcements.

Also, if there is no program to Stillwell via 6th Avenue from 57/6, why the C/R don't sync the 21 St-Queensbridge to Coney Island program and skip out the Queens stops? I only saw one set that had the "via 6 Av" to Coney. I guess most of them don't know the code, they used the regular 57/7 to Coney and made manual announcements.

Didn't know the R160s had a (N) to Court St. Pretty cool.

Does anybody knows why the (D)(N) fastrack is cancelled?

I'm guessing there is too many GO's on that weekend.

i think they canceled it because coney island yard still got so much more work to do and i think they want to concentrate on that first. i think they made the schedule out before SANDY came and didnt realized all the damaged it causes. It also could be the weather that we are facing and it not worth the effort to get these guys out there to get hurt. this is my theory and guess. no fact to back this up.