FASTRACK Subway Repair Discussion

6 Lexington Ave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The map is posted.

Passengers will apparently get the Bx19 and a totally different shuttle bus as an alternative. The bus, appears to run as follows, based purely on the map:

-Start (1) Columbus Circle

-West on 110th

-Left on 8th Ave, stop at 110, 116, 125, 135

-Right on 135, stop at (2) station

-Onto the Harlem River Drive (?) (probably Lenox to 145 to Adam Clayton Powell)

-Onto 155 St, stop at the (D) and (A) stations

-Right Broadway, terminate at 168 (1)(A).

I fail to see the purpose of the shuttle bus.

Also I wouldn't want to be ANYWHERE near the last M10 trips of the night!

Edited by Amtrak7

Still waiting for the GO and the Supplement to get released. It appears that Operations Planning really came up with this Fastrack idea at the last minute. They were doing some heavy-duty work on A1 between 125 and 59 St a couple weeks ago (overnight and weekends) so perhaps they found something that needed attention.

It's definitely happening, I'm just saying it's going to be a mess.

N/B, the last (B) will leave 59 at 2152. Last through (D) will leave 59 St N/B at 2202, followed by the last through (A) at 2204. Both will be express. The (C) will be the cleanup, leaving 59 at 2207.

Going S/B, the last (C) leaves 168 at 2119, and the last (B) leaves 145 at 2125. The last through (A) out of 207 will be the 2159, and they will run local the whole way beginning with the 2115. Last through (D) out of Bedford Park is the 2148.

Also, I am going to make some serious overtime next week.

Edited by Snowblock

Still waiting for the GO and the Supplement to get released. It appears that Operations Planning really came up with this Fastrack idea at the last minute. They were doing some heavy-duty work on A1 between 125 and 59 St a couple weeks ago (overnight and weekends) so perhaps they found something that needed attention.

This was in the FASTRACK presentation in 2012.

HAHHAHAHAHA.

We had switch problems north of 59 St, so were only able to turn one train every 10 minutes. By the time my train got up there, it took us 20 minutes to get from 7/53 to 59, and then another 15 to get my train into the relay. I imagine it was even worse behind me. They started discharging (A) trains at 42 St and running them lite through the conga line, since that was another alternative for getting the 1&2

Got one more night of it tonight, I hope they worked out the kinks by now......

You'll probably see the same ones that were run in 2012 and 2013......yes, the MTA is IN LOVE with Fast Track and it won't be going away anytime soon. Expect to see A LOT of it next year1

I don't see why they would do the same ones again, unless it involves repeating the one-time runs. It seems like almost all subway line segments could work well for a bus-based FASTRACK.

Is outdoor work on open cut/ground-level tracks allowed? They've been doing night busing of the (A) in Queens lately.

Construction is only done on the structures at night during emergency work. It's both a safety issue (visibility) and out of concern for the neighbors. However, in the case of projects like what is happening on the Liberty Ave El where the actual structure is being replaced in pieces, they can't just restore the track to usable condition as soon as the sun goes down, which is why those outages are for the entire weekend.

That overnight work is being done in the area of Grant Ave, which is underground.