FASTRACK Subway Repair Discussion

6 Lexington Ave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first one was messy, with long lines of trains waiting to turn. How is this setup different?

Was the (7) crushloaded?

Maybe the first one had the (E) and (F) go local? If so, this "new"(?) set up allows them not to interfere with each other. The (7) wasn't crush loaded as far as I know (my car wasn't), I was toward the back though. Quite a few people spilled out at 74th street though. It was closer to 11:30 by the time I got to Roosevelt than around 10PM when the last (E) and (F) passes through if that makes any difference.

I avoided the (E)/(F) entirely the last 2 late nights and stuck with the QM5 instead. I think a lot of people had the same idea as the bus was much more full than it normally is at 11:30 pm and midnight

I've avoided the QB line in the late evening this week also, I was sure to get on the train by 8PM so I wouldn't have to deal with local trains/etc.  But it wasn't too bad, the (7) is above ground so one could use their phone, and the (F) was still express.

Accomplishments are accessible:

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack/efmr_10_14_13.html

Edited by N6 Limited

• 2 weeks later...

The FASTRACK for the week before Thanksgiving (11/18), originally scheduled to be a 207 to 168 outage, is now listed as a full CPW outage, from 207 and Yankee Stadium to 59. This could be interesting.

Edited by Amtrak7

I wonder if they would do the same set up before Fastrack like last time when the southbound (A) Trains ran local before the Fastrack started, the Northbound (A) And (D) Trains remain the same and the last northbound (C) being the clean-up train (Last Train Through)?

Edited by Daniel The Cool

The FASTRACK for the week before Thanksgiving (11/18), originally scheduled to be a 207 to 168 outage, is now listed as a full CPW outage, from 207 and Yankee Stadium to 59. This could be interesting.

Interesting indeed. Maybe they can finally wrap up all this work on Central Park West so A, C and D trains can run normally for a while.

Interesting indeed. Maybe they can finally wrap up all this work on Central Park West so A, C and D trains can run normally for a while.

Hopefully. There's also work being done on the week of Thanksgiving (Mon-Wed) causing the (D) To run local via CPW in Both Directions. Hopefully when they do that work, the (A)(C)(D) can be normal on the Central Park West for awhile

For the (F) Train Fastrack, I'm hearing now the (A)(C) MIGHT run Express via 8th Avenue/CPW in Both Directions with the (B) and (D) covering the local stations on CPW because 

1. They don't want the to congest the Switch before West 4th Street

2. They don't want the (C) to cross-over north of 59th Street with the (B) Still running and delaying the CPW, hence that's probably why the plan is a possible right now, not official. 

Can't edit. But can someone can confirm the following times someone told me for the northbound?

Last 145th Street Bound (B) Train leaves 59th Street @ 21:50

Last 207th Street Bound (A) Leaves 59th Street @ 22:00

Last Northbound (C) Leaves 59th Street @ 22:04

And I heard now because the Fastrack is extended to 207th Street unlike last time which only went up to 168th Street, the cleanup train for the northbound this time MAY be the (D) which I heard it would leave 59th Street around 22:10 which will most likely run local since the (A)(C) will be done going through CPW for the night. Can someone confirm if its true?

Edited by Daniel The Cool

Can't edit. But can someone can confirm the following times someone told me for the northbound?

Last 145th Street Bound (B) Train leaves 59th Street @ 21:50

Last 207th Street Bound (A) Leaves 59th Street @ 22:00

Last Northbound (C) Leaves 59th Street @ 22:04

And I heard now because the Fastrack is extended to 207th Street unlike last time which only went up to 168th Street, the cleanup train for the northbound this time MAY be the (D) which I heard it would leave 59th Street around 22:10 which will most likely run local since the (A)(C) will be done going through CPW for the night. Can someone confirm if its true?

While I cant confirm these times,they do make sense...

Well there MAY be a slight change for the (A)(C) times now. The last ones now MAY be before the times I've mentioned before (Around 2155) due to the fact that the first round of construction trains are going to Inwood/Washington Heights first and then St. Nick Express tracks will be the 2nd batch and then CPW will be the 3rd and last round of construction trains. Sorry about that

How did last night go?

32 FASTRACK outages planned next year. Details not known yet.

Last FASTRACK of 2013 posted. Dec 2-6. Note: starts at 22:15.

(F) via (A) Cranberry in both directions

Buses between Jay St & York St (really necessary?!)

Buses between Broadway-Lafayette & East Broadway

Edited by Amtrak7

How did last night go?

32 FASTRACK outages planned next year. Details not known yet.

Last FASTRACK of 2013 posted. Dec 2-6. Note: starts at 22:15.

(F) via (A) Cranberry in both directions

Buses between Jay St & York St (really necessary?!)

Buses between Broadway-Lafayette & East Broadway

Yep so the (C) is now ending early for the (F) FasTrack according to the MTA Website

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack_F.htm

Why can't they run buses from Bway Lafayette to Jay St via Manhattan Bridge? It is too inconvenient or something? It's pretty hard to connect from Manhattan to Culver from the Lower East Side (since the B51 no longer exists) unless you want to make a million transfers....

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack_F.htm

Why can't they run buses from Bway Lafayette to Jay St via Manhattan Bridge? It is too inconvenient or something? It's pretty hard to connect from Manhattan to Culver from the Lower East Side (since the B51 no longer exists) unless you want to make a million transfers....

The idea is you can take the (4) train to Fulton and switch there to the (F), which IS stopping at Fulton during this Fasttrack (and at Delancey, taking the (J) to Fulton for the (F) ).  That eliminates the need for a shuttle between Broadway-Lafayette and Jay Street.