FASTRACK Subway Repair Discussion

6 Lexington Ave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is where I would re-route the (M) to end at Columbus Circle during the overnight and have the (A) and (D) both run local on CPW to account for both Fastracks.

You're would still have to take the shuttle bus just to get to the (M). Having people take the (A) or (J) works just fine

Edited by Turtle

The hipsters won't be happy.

fastrack.png

L.png No trains between Broadway Junction and Lorimer St 

shuttle_bus.png Free shuttle buses provide alternate service 

Late Nights, 10:30 PM to 5 AM, Mon to Fri, Aug 1 - 5  •  Aug 8 - 12  •  Aug 15 - 19 

Service operates in two sections: 

1. Between Rockaway Pkwy and Broadway Junction (J.png platform) 

2. Between Lorimer St and 8 Av 

shuttle_bus.png Buses make all stops between Broadway Junction and Lorimer St

• Transfer between trains and shuttle_bus.png buses at Broadway Junction and/or Lorimer St

• For service between Brooklyn and Manhattan consider the A.png C.png or J.png  via transfer 

between trains and shuttle_bus.png buses at Broadway Junction

They been doing work recently in that part on the overnight, so this is actually good. I'll just take the (A) home then.

• 5 months later...

The schedule for 2017 has been released. All are 2 weeks Monday through Thursday nights.

Lexington Ave: Grand Central to Atlantic 1/23 to 2/3

6 Ave: W4 to 57/6 2/6 to 2/17

Concourse north of 161st 2/27 to 3/10

Canarsie: Lorimer St to Broadway Jct 4/3 to 4/14

Nassau St south of Essex 5/1 to 5/1

Crosstown north of Bedford Nostrand 6/5 to 6/16

(1) 96th to Dyckman 6/19 to 6/30

CPW: 59th to 168th/161st 7/10 to 7/21

Brighton tunnel between Atlantic and Prospect Park 9/11 to 9/22

7th Ave: 34th Penn Station to Atlantic 10/16 to 10/27

Broadway line in Manhattan 11/6 to 11/17

I doubt it since there are switches from the 2 Av line to the 6 Av line west of Lexington Av-63 St

I agree:

What they could do is during Fastrack have the (B) or (M) run its normal route to 47-50 and then go to 96th/2nd to replace the (Q) on the SAS as a special late-night run (If the (B) have it completely replace the (Q) ).

I agree:

What they could do is during Fastrack have the (B) or (M) run its normal route to 47-50 and then go to 96th/2nd to replace the (Q) on the SAS as a special late-night run (If the (B) have it completely replace the (Q) ).

Dude they'll just have the (Q) do the same thing it's done during every other Fastrack: run via 6th Avenue, with the additional run up to 96th Street. No need to reinvent the wheel here...

That actually does make sense.  I was thinking of the (B) running in place of the (Q) as a special late-night train to 96th/2nd to avoid confusion to some in Brooklyn and parts of lower Manhattan where the (Q) does not normally run.

96 Street also happens to be a place the (B) normally doesn’t run, by the way.

That actually does make sense.  I was thinking of the (B) running in place of the (Q) as a special late-night train to 96th/2nd to avoid confusion to some in Brooklyn and parts of lower Manhattan where the (Q) does not normally run.

Why would you run the  (B) between 96 St/2 Av and Coney Island when its a part time route? It would create a lot of confusion on 2 Av and plus the  (Q) is still operating between 96 St/2 Av and Coney Island but via 6 Av. It makes more sense to reroute the  (Q) between Lexington Av-63 St and Dekalb Av than run the  (B)

Just an idea, maybe have the (Q) run via 6 Ave local instead of express.

I know that would be an additional switching move at W4, but now that it goes to 96th st instead of turning around at 57/6 more people would benefit from not having to wait up to 20 minutes for the (F) at the local stops only to have to transfer to the (Q) and wait possibly another 20 minutes.

Just an idea, maybe have the (Q) run via 6 Ave local instead of express.

I know that would be an additional switching move at W4, but now that it goes to 96th st instead of turning around at 57/6 more people would benefit from not having to wait up to 20 minutes for the (F) at the local stops only to have to transfer to the (Q) and wait possibly another 20 minutes.

That does sound like a good idea...

That actually does make sense. I was thinking of the (B) running in place of the (Q) as a special late-night train to 96th/2nd to avoid confusion to some in Brooklyn and parts of lower Manhattan where the (Q) does not normally run.

The (B) doesn't run at nights. Just off of that, you'll confuse people