FASTRACK Subway Repair Discussion

6 Lexington Ave

Well it makes sense.

Well the IRT is for all intents and purposes normal. The (4) and (6) have no change. Instead of confuse all people all night by having a "red" train go down the east side the whole night, just swap terminals for the night and send the (5) all the way down. In the past when the (5) has run all night (back in the days of trains going around the SI ferry loop), it has been express all night, with the (4) and (6) local. In all likelihood it is like that again, to compensate for the increased time it takes to get to the east side to get a train to Flatbush.

I just hope/wish that shuttle bus has some service to 149-GC, but I doubt it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it makes sense.

Well the IRT is for all intents and purposes normal. The (4) and (6) have no change. Instead of confuse all people all night by having a "red" train go down the east side the whole night, just swap terminals for the night and send the (5) all the way down. In the past when the (5) has run all night (back in the days of trains going around the SI ferry loop), it has been express all night, with the (4) and (6) local. In all likelihood it is like that again, to compensate for the increased time it takes to get to the east side to get a train to Flatbush.

I just hope/wish that shuttle bus has some service to 149-GC, but I doubt it.

No sense in running all three trains local anyway.

Wonder how many people wait for the (5) express downstairs at 59 St and 86 St during those GOs instead of the (4) and (6) local upstairs (or wait for the express instead of the local overnight at any station)? Though those that really need the (5) should catch it first chance anyway.

At least the (4) and (6) will be less crowded in Manhattan and the (2) will be less crowded in the Bronx overnight due to the (5) running.

No sense in running all three trains local anyway.

Wonder how many people wait for the (5) express downstairs at 59 St and 86 St during those GOs instead of the (4) and (6) local upstairs (or wait for the express instead of the local overnight at any station)? Though those that really need the (5) should catch it first chance anyway.

At least the (4) and (6) will be less crowded in Manhattan and the (2) will be less crowded in the Bronx overnight due to the (5) running.

Lets see how many fannies run out there on the overnight to ride a rare WPR-Flat (5) that's express on the midnites. (sees the foam coming)

I wonder if there will be (5) trains ending at Bowling Green between 8 and 10pm, or all (5)s will continue to go to Flatbush After PM rush ends.

That depends on whether the (6) is running in Manhattan. If they turn the (6) at 125 St, then the (5) will run local in Manhattan. If not, it's running express.

By the way, I see they're doing that (2)/ (5) flip-flop again.

Im sure the (5) will run local with the (4) and (6). No need to turn the (6) at 125th Street. Seen it before.

I wonder if there will be (5) trains ending at Bowling Green between 8 and 10pm, or all (5)s will continue to go to Flatbush After PM rush ends.

Im sure the (5) will run local with the (4) and (6). No need to turn the (6) at 125th Street. Seen it before.

The (5) will run normal until around 9:00, so there will be Bowling Green (5) trains. There will also be some Bowling Green trains leaving Dyre sometime after 4am, and at least one E 180 St shuttle train at 4:59, connecting to the E 180 - Flatbush train at 5:10 (train leaves at 5:13). This also leaves a 23 minute gap in (5) service below E 180 St.

The (5) is running express, unless there is trackwork causing the (5) to run local, or the (5) replaces the (6), the (5) will run express all night. Useless to have the (4), (5) and (6) all local with no track work

The (5) will run normal until around 9:00, so there will be Bowling Green (5) trains. There will also be some Bowling Green trains leaving Dyre sometime after 4am, and at least one E 180 St shuttle train at 4:59, connecting to the E 180 - Flatbush train at 5:10 (train leaves at 5:13). This also leaves a 23 minute gap in (5) service below E 180 St.

The (5) is running express, unless there is trackwork causing the (5) to run local, or the (5) replaces the (6), the (5) will run express all night. Useless to have the (4), (5) and (6) all local with no track work

Actually, thats unknown yet. Because past g/os the (5) had to run Local. During late nights without construction. I remembered when the (2) and (5) swapped, I had to go Lcl along Lex northbound.

But will see.

We're getting some hints at what the 6 Av GO will look like...and it looks like a railfan's paradise!

NYCT - Service Advisory

- (A)© run express in Manhattan

- (D) runs local via 8 Av in both directions

-No (M) service in Queens at 10PM (early suspension? diversion?)

- (Q) to 21 St/Queensbridge

-No (F) in the 63rd St connector (via 53rd? turnback at QP? via the Crosstown?)

We're getting some hints at what the 6 Av GO will look like...and it looks like a railfan's paradise!

NYCT - Service Advisory

- (A)© run express in Manhattan

- (D) runs local via 8 Av in both directions

-No (M) service in Queens at 10PM (early suspension? diversion?)

- (Q) to 21 St/Queensbridge

-No (F) in the 63rd St connector (via 53rd? turnback at QP? via the Crosstown?)

On a school night too. hahaha.

I could of sworn both 6th And 8th Avenue Lines were to be done at the same time, with one way in each direction for service.

And the (F) could run via 8th Avenue Local with the (E) and (D) from Queens to West 4th. (If there is no G/O along the 53rd Corridor)

The (D) might end up getting split to 2nd Avenue, because there is no way in hell it'll get back to the Manhattan Bridge Line after Broadway / Lafayette St. Southbound.

On a school night too. hahaha.

I could of sworn both 6th And 8th Avenue Lines were to be done at the same time, with one way in each direction for service.

And the (F) could run via 8th Avenue Local with the (E) and (D) from Queens to West 4th. (If there is no G/O along the 53rd Corridor)

The (D) might end up getting split to 2nd Avenue, because there is no way in hell it'll get back to the Manhattan Bridge Line after Broadway / Lafayette St. Southbound.

I would assume they would cancel that G.O for the Fast Track program since 53 St is the only way into Queens from the 8 Av corridor...unless they work while trains are running

Well of course FASTRACK supercedes any other GO's on the line, and nothing else would run on the line that would cause service diversions.

Not only that, but having other GOs running on the same line with fast track running would limit the number of available personnel to work fast track.

They don't cancel all GO's. For the 7 Av GO, these are in effect:

- (D) 2 sections at Bedford Park Bl

-Jamaica-bound (E) express Roosevelt-71

- (L) 2 sections at Broadway Jct

- (Q) single tracking Atlantic-Prospect Pk

On the 6 Av week:

-Uptown (2) express 72-96

-No (3) service

-Uptown (A) express Utica-Hoyt

-Downtown (D) skip 182-183 Sts

They don't cancel all GO's. For the 7 Av GO, these are in effect:

- (D) 2 sections at Bedford Park Bl

- (L) 2 sections at Broadway Jct

On the 6 Av week:

-Uptown (2) express 72-96

-No (3) service

-Uptown (A) express Utica-Hoyt

-Downtown (D) skip 182-183 Sts

I think he means the G.Os in the Fast Track area...since 53 st its the only way out to queens from 8 Av

Here's how the 6th Avenue FastTrack is likely to work according to what has been posted elsewhere:

(A) Trains run express in both directions between 145 St and Canal St (also separately, Rockaway (A)s replace the (S) to Rockaway Park while no (A)s to Far Rockaway).

© Trains run express in both directions between 59 St and Canal St.

(E) Trains run local in both directions between Queens Plaza and 71 Av as (M) service outside of the shuttle ends early.

(Q) service is rerouted to the (F) after 57 St-7 Av, making stops at Lexington Av/63 St, Roosevelt Island and 21 St-Queensbridge, the last stop. The (F) will not be running to those stations at that time and although not yet noted on the (MTA) site, the (F) is expected to run via 53rd Street and 8th Avenue with the (E).

At least for some of the days of FastTrack, that's what I saw on the (MTA) site.

And yes, the (E) will be express in one direction in Queens after 12:30.

Probably a separate GO not associated with FASTRACK. Please note that there are other GO's running (both on affected and unaffected lines) during FASTRACK week.