FASTRACK Subway Repair Discussion

6 Lexington Ave

A (D) train in revenue service in Queens. Yes, that would be a real sight. But then some other train would have to replace the (D) in Upper Manhattan and the Bronx.

The © would run overnight to 205 St in the Bronx replacing the (D). The © and (CC) used to run to the Bronx even before the (D) was created.

Since it is an 8th Avenue local, the © could just be extended to 205 St overnight instead of the (D) running on 8th Avenue.

The © would run from 2 Av - 205 St in this case.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By sending the Brooklyn D-trains to Whitehall Street, those D-trains pass through the Jay Street-MetroTech station where A and F train service is available (via the R-train station). That is how the MTA is "connecting" the parts of the D-train for this Fast-Track session.

Mike

But you could still connect with the (D) via 8th Avenue and Broadway at 42nd Street.

The (D) is 8Av local to W4th, then downstairs where it will terminate at 2Av. Remember by this time the © would have stopped running. You will have the (D)(E)(F) all on 8Av from 42-W4 in both directions. (D) goes back on 6Av afterwards (its not shown to confuse people into thinking it can get to Grand St from W4) to terminate at 2Av, along with the (F) going back to its normal route. There will be a few (A) still on the express track on 8Av after 10pm.

For the photo ops people here are the hot spots:

(D) at Whitehall/Court/Jay (very rare)

(D) at 2Av (rare)

(F) anywhere along 8Av (rare)

(A) and (D) on 3 and 1 tracks respectively below 59th-CC (very rare).

The (A) Is Schedule to run Express between 145th Street And Canal Street during this fastrack.

The © would run overnight to 205 St in the Bronx replacing the (D). The © and (CC) used to run to the Bronx even before the (D) was created.

Since it is an 8th Avenue local, the © could just be extended to 205 St overnight instead of the (D) running on 8th Avenue.

The © would run from 2 Av - 205 St in this case.

Or since the © is an eight-car, 480' train, the © could actually run to the Essex Street (J)/ (M) station and terminate there or even continue to Metropolitan Avenue and for those nights replace the (M) shuttle.

The (D) to Whitehall is a good move because it does allow for transfers at MetroTech to the (A)/ (F) and (2)/ (3)/ (4)/ (5) at Court Street in addition to obviously Atlantic-Pacific, plus the (1) at Whitehall.

Guest lance25
Or since the © is an eight-car, 480' train, the © could actually run to the Essex Street (J)/ (M) station and terminate there or even continue to Metropolitan Avenue and for those nights replace the (M) shuttle.

What part of cost-efficiency don't you get?

Also, while it would be a railfan's wet dream to see the © back on Concourse, the idea is to keep service as normal as possible in the unaffected areas.

Also, while it would be a railfan's wet dream to see the © back on Concourse, the idea is to keep service as normal as possible in the unaffected areas.

The ©'s were up there last night, going up to BPK to turn and line up on 3/4 track north of 145.

I was simply pointing out the © scenario to the previous poster. Nothing more.

The (D) as being done actually does make much more sense, especially the Whitehall portion as previously noted.

Guest lance25
Is the (D) terminating at 2 Avenue because of the track configuration south of W.4 street

Yeah. There's no track connection from 8th Ave to the Manhattan Bridge north tracks southbound.

there is a switch track on both side of west 4 street brooklyn bound side of the station. Going toward the bridge before entering west 4 street , there is a switch for both the local and express. After leaving the west 4 street only the local side or the F train had a switch to the Ind Fulton line and vice versa. Going toward queens and bronx, after Broadway lafayette, there is a switch for both F and express track. Before entering west 4 street there is another set of switch for the Ind fulton and the F to switch places. After west 4 street, i think there only a switch from the local to express track only.

I know that my 1st FASTRACK prediction was a little bit wrong, and my second one might be the same, so here is the one that will be affecting the (A)© (E) Train lines between 59th St-Columbus Circle or 5th Av-53rd St and W 4th St-Washington Square in 3 different ways from 10:00 PM Monday March 12th-5:00 AM Friday March 16th:

- (A) Trains run via the (cool.png and (D) Lines between 59th St-Columbus Circle and W 4th St-Washington Square, then runs local between W 4th St-Washington Square and Canal St in both directions.

-© Train service ends early (last train to Euclid Av leaves 168th St at 9:32 PM and last train to 168th St leaves Euclid Av at 9:19 PM).

- (E) Trains run via the (M) Line between 5th Av-53rd St and W 4th St-Washington Square in both directions.

I know that my 1st FASTRACK prediction was a little bit wrong, and my second one might be the same, so here is the one that will be affecting the (A)(C)(E) Train lines between 59th St-Columbus Circle or 5th Av-53rd St and W 4th St-Washington Square in 3 different ways from 10:00 PM Monday March 12th-5:00 AM Friday March 16th:...

Do we know where the boundaries of the Fastrack are going to be yet? I realize the 6th Avenue one ended at West 4th, so that may be a good indication, but I would still be surprised if the 8th Avenue one didn't go all the way to Jay.

Do we know where the boundaries of the Fastrack are going to be yet? I realize the 6th Avenue one ended at West 4th, so that may be a good indication, but I would still be surprised if the 8th Avenue one didn't go all the way to Jay.

It does. Week of 3/12, 59th-Jay. My idea:

(A) via (F) both directions

© ends early

(E) via (F) to 34th St, (D)(A)(F)(M)(cool.png local 34-W4.