Mexican Girl Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Age 10

Guest Lance

Guest lance25
A 10-year-old Mexican girl has given birth to a baby boy after a 31-week pregnancy, according to reports.

The premature infant, which weighed 3.3 pounds, was born by Caesarian section at the Women’s Hospital in the city of Puebla and is in the intensive care unit recovering from pneumonia.

The young mother, who is from the nearby San Francisco Totimehuacan community, has returned home after the procedure but visits the baby every day to breastfeed, officials said.

The Puebla state Attorney General's Office is now investigating whether the girl could have been raped and who the father is, the hospital’s director Rogelio Gonzalez said, according to UpFrontNewswire.

Mexican state laws say young moms are unable to have abortions unless a girl can prove she was the victim of sexual assault.

The state’s minimum age of consent is 12 and women who undergo abortions in Puebla face a fine or prison sentence if they are unable to prove they were sexually abused.

The laws are currently under review.

The girl, who has not been named, arrived at the medical facility on Oct. 22, suffering from life-threatening complications, including seizures.

Hospital officials said the newborn is in a good condition considering his premature birth and the mother is recovering well.

This is not the first case of a shockingly young girl giving birth in Mexico.

In August last year, 11-year-old Amalia had a child two weeks premature after she was denied an abortion by the local Justice Department during the fourth month of pregnancy.

She was raped repeatedly by her stepfather when she was 10 years old, but local laws do not allow terminations after three months.

Courtesy: NY Daily News

Damn. Well, that's disturbing on so many levels. The people who do this shit must be some kind of sick ****. I mean who gets off on screwing a little kid like this? And WTF Mexico? Your age of consent is 12? And kids can't get an abortion unless they can prove they were raped? I know things are different than here in the USA, but really, how many little girls want to willingly get pregnant before reaching their teenage years? This is just so disgusting to say the very least.

Not the most shocking child pregnancy story I've heard

As someone who been to Tijuana a couple of times, hell i seen young girls on streets and right outside bars/nightclubs who i suspect as young as 10-12 years of age that were prostitutes. So this is not a shock that a girl that young would have a baby. :eek:

mexico is a real pisshole and that's why the US needs to crack down seriously on illegal immigration and the enablers that allow it.

by the way where are all the bible thumping idiots that are anti abortion here in the US? is this the better alternative you propose...? or do you all still think "abstinence only" works with your 19th century values???

mexico is a real pisshole and that's why the US needs to crack down seriously on illegal immigration and the enablers that allow it.

by the way where are all the bible thumping idiots that are anti abortion here in the US? is this the better alternative you propose...? or do you all still think "abstinence only" works with your 19th century values???

^5 brother.....like let’s do some real Border Patrols.....Obama...spend some of those dollars you are going to be saving when the boys come home.....on THE BORDER....When I am driving the Q66 in the morning.....I see a lot of young spanish girls going to school pregnant....paying with the student metro card....next it's WIC,Food Stamps and Medicaid.....enough already.....

^5 brother.....like let’s do some real Border Patrols.....Obama...spend some of those dollars you are going to be saving when the boys come home.....on THE BORDER....When I am driving the Q66 in the morning.....I see a lot of young spanish girls going to school pregnant....paying with the student metro card....next it's WIC,Food Stamps and Medicaid.....enough already.....

Bad as Herman Cain is, he did have one good point: 'electrify the fence'. I don't hear any other candidate with a 'tough' stance on illegal immigration.

And you want more pregnant 10 yr olds in this country? I hope you feel generous paying for their welfare and child support. And the point was to enforce the border, not let it be an 'open door, enter as you please' policy that both Bush and Obama seems to allow.

I am not against Mexicans, if they go through the hoops and regulations that other immigrants from other countries goes thru to become a US citizen, then excellent. But if they just cross the border illegally, then they do not deserve a dime in US benfits. I am anti-ILLEGAL Immigrants.

Mexico has armed guards on their southern border to keep out people from Central and South America. Why is it ok for them to enter the US, but they don't allow anyone into their country? Mexico just wants to leech off the US by letting their citizens be taken care of.

Finally, Mexico is rampant with their drug cartels. Border states have kidnappings for ransom. All the more a reason to wall off Mexico from the US.

Your age of consent is 12?

In most areas of the world, the age of consent varies from 13 to 16, which pretty much coincides with Mother Nature's "age of consent." That isn't to say that I wouldn't be a concerned parent if my kid were making choices with consequences like pregnancy and surprise parenthood, but it's not absurd to have an age of consent as low as 12. For the most part, society guards against relationships where the older person is clearly taking advantage of someone not fully developed. There was an article about such a relationship in South Korea a while back (where the age of consent is said to be 13); a 40-year-old man was under heavy pressure to sever his relationship with a 16-year-old girl.

3) It's not okay and it never has been, what we should do is just make it easier for Mexicans to enter the country. Europeans made this country white from the native Americans, Mexicans can make this country brown from the Europeans.

4) No, I don't even understand how this became a legitimate point. What adult thinks building a massive wall across the country is a practical, rational idea?

3] um, what? So just because the europeans came over, that's justification to make the US Mexico north? Two wrongs don't make a right.

4] It's called securing the country. By your logic, why have doors to a house or an apartment? let people come in and out as they please. Look at Israel, suicide bombings went down once those walls went up.

And that's what immigrants had to do in the early 1900s - go thru ellis island to be inspected for disease and learn the basic laws of the country. What's wrong with this? You prefer Mexicans just enters the country and not bother with assimilating in the US laws or health codes?

SO what do you propose? Tear down the existing walls/fences on the border and let all of Mexico come into the country? Seems like you don't care about the cartels and other illegals entering the country. Afterall by what you said, its basically a right after what the europeans did to the native americans.

Archived