Subway Models other than NYC

arimaas

So I know MTH did the Chicago Subway, but what about some of the other cities? I think LAMTA Red Line might make a nice set, as well as some Boston T models. Now I am late to the game, and someone might have actually modeled these, but I would love to see these done in O scale. What about BART cars and of course the PATH? The possibilities are really endless - I guess we just have to convince the manufacturers that there is interest. They are obviously only going to use cars that can be repainted numerous times in order to get their tooling money back. Obviously I am preaching to the choir.

Hey Mike, I saw the Island Model Works site before. The second site seems to be re-building, but that SEPTA model in the background looks great. I used to build model police cars, so I know all about aftermarket companies. They fill a great void, but still aren't as good as production models. Why should I have to kit bash some other model just to get a nice passenger set? The problem I see with the manufacturers, is they have forgotten what it is all about. They'll only produce something if they can repaint it 29 times with a different logo and sell it. I understand that they are around to make money, but they shouldn't forget that they were hobbiest at one time too. Just look at the new NJT bi-level cars. NJT doesn't even operate anything that looks close to that (look at the door placement for example). Just my rant.

Archived