Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
qjtransitmaster

NJT 175 question??

Go on the bus and find out.

in Spanish

Vaya en el autobús y descubra.

in German

Gehen Sie auf den Bus und finden Sie heraus.

in Japanese

バスで行き、調べなさい。

in Spanish

in German

in Japanese

バスで行き、調べなさい。

Be careful about that. He might take your advice and end up coming up with with 5 different long distance regional rtes along the way.

Be careful about that. He might take your advice and end up coming up with with 5 different long distance regional rtes along the way.

LMAO at (Q101) reply.B):tup:

in Spanish

in German

in Japanese

バスで行き、調べなさい。

Already did a few days ago looks like NJT 175 has more service than 164 and is the only frequent rte there so sad owell. @101 I didn't come up with more regional rtes actually most are on the GSP corridor and are intrastate on NJTP. I did research and found former lines than learned why they didn't work. 304 was one of em. The regional rtes I did come up with however absorb weak lines and make them strong while creating more transfer opportunities and improving interconnectivity. NJT 175 is best left alone based on my observations as well as a few others I looked at months ago. 88 however is best left alone alone with some others I was looking at like 7xx crosstowns (east-west). The NJT guy that emailed me about what I was thinking up gave me ridership numbers but numbers only say so much. Only a few rtes however I was able to come up with but most of the ideas I had were actually not new rtes but consolidating rtes via merging isolated rtes to improve financial performance. PPL fought hard for their lines but lost the 979 however could have been merged into one of the regionals or combine with one of the lines that end at irvington terminal to increase revenue on some runs.

MCM4 could have been merged into one of the long distance lines I was thinking of but my original plan had too many flaws and was in fact crap. So I came here to find flaws and eliminate them from the document. I looked at several studies on NJTPA's website. I also figured that it's too deeply connected to other areas in a sense it can easily influence other proposals that are seemingly unrelated. To tell the truth I wasn't surprised with NJT's morris county service reductions as the rtes themselves are useless to many morris county commuters and are not compatible with many resident's travel patterns. NJT with it's limited budget will definately not run zigzag services frequently at all. NJT 884 could have been saved too if extended to new brunswick which is where it's garage was anyway it was run by suburban

not really only the southern NJ area part of the proposal had new routes. The rest is modifications to routes to strengthen and consolidate some in a way to increase revenue the runs generate besides 63% of NJT riders have a car but choose not to use it. That says alot.

That's not a problem as long as it's a long distance route to the switch to turn his brain on.

That's not a problem as long as it's a long distance route to the switch to turn his brain on.
You still do not understand me at all O well time will tell. Not everything I plan is long distance some is eliminating meandering on some routes. NJ's layout favors multipurpose lines that hit the highway OR link with a rail line. That is what My ideas convey. It makes transit more practical for many trips that can't be directly served by transit. Remember NJT 884 do you know why it sucked??? It was too infrequent and DID NOT make connections with trans bridge convenient heck it was downright impossible. Someone in somerset county can use transit to NYC easily BUT they can't for allentown bethleham or even connecting to PA's intercity network. What about the jersey shore look at rte 18 corridor. The ideas I convey solve multiple problems at once what I mentioned was incomplete ideas. If not complete you can't expect the whole thing to make sense obviously. The planning guy that contacted me didn't see my full plan just concepts. All the ideas I make draw out a line's FULL potential then service is adjusted accordingly. I have short range for LI and decreasing travel time. Someone living in PA and working in NJ can't practically use trans-bridge despite frequent service due to 884 running like shit.