Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
FamousNYLover

Have Anyone Seen New NYC Taxis?

Have anyone see new NYC Taxi rolling along beside Crown Victoria and other jeep-like taxi?

I see taxi that looks like 1/4 of front of cheese bus.

Does anyone know what model is it?

...that look like the front of a cheese bus... I think I know what you're talkin about...

if it's these, they're the nissan nv's...

TAXI-popup.jpg

Saw two of them yesterday.

Also, caught my eye on a Lexus RX450H at 42nd Street in yellow cab operation. That blew my mind.

Yes, those are the new Ford Transit Connect Vans. They are 1 of the 3 models newly approved to be used for NYC Taxi use. Here is a picture of in NYCTaxi scheme:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz3v9YOB25iVX2Jpt7MEbbwszUkFYgjnHJKe_zeUKBK5WGu74H

I saw a few of those Ford Vans that was in the running for the "cab of the future" and it looked strange. It looked like cargo and food should have been coming out of them vans/cabs instead of people,

Yes, those are the new Ford Transit Connect Vans. They are 1 of the 3 models newly approved to be used for NYC Taxi use. Here is a picture of in NYCTaxi scheme:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz3v9YOB25iVX2Jpt7MEbbwszUkFYgjnHJKe_zeUKBK5WGu74H

Thank you.

This is one I always see it everywhere.

These stupid-ass new cabs are so damn tall, it is going to be impossible for anyone in a sedan to see the streets in front of them, between these cabs, the buses, and the trucks. Driving in new york is about to get even worse.

I may have seen the Ford transit in person before can't remember for sure. I have not seen that Nissan cab in person yet, it looks ok. I remember the taxi of tomorrow contest. I remember that I really liked that Turkish one that I forgot the name too. In my opinion of the transit, it lacks appeal and style. I would take a crown vic over the transit any day. That's just my two cents on the subject.