Today's Observation in South Jersey

MarkD329

Today was a weird mix of schedules today with some lines on regular weekday schedules and others with Saturday schedules. For the short time I was out, I noticed the following:

1]I was right about the 5300s. 5368-74 has remained at Newton Ave, I saw 5368 and 5374 in downtown Camden, and I bet the others were in service on other lines or sitting in the Garage.

2]Both 5639 and 5640 were out and about as well.

3]Noticed that the NOVAs are more active now instead of being rush hour trippers. Saw 1288 on the 413 [it didn't go to scrap or elsewhere].

4]NJT really got to consider getting low-floor buses. On my way home, the VERY LATE 403 had a problem picking up a wheelchair passenger. It's bad enough the passenger was on one of those scooter chairs, but the person was morbidly obese, the lift had problems and the rider had problems trying to manuver into the bus. This would not have happened on either a SEPTA or MTA low-floor bus.

Today was a weird mix of schedules today with some lines on regular weekday schedules and others with Saturday schedules. For the short time I was out, I noticed the following:

1]I was right about the 5300s. 5368-74 has remained at Newton Ave, I saw 5368 and 5374 in downtown Camden, and I bet the others were in service on other lines or sitting in the Garage.

2]Both 5639 and 5640 were out and about as well.

3]Noticed that the NOVAs are more active now instead of being

rush hour trippers. Saw 1288 on the 413 [it didn't go to scrap or elsewhere].

4]NJT really got to consider getting low-floor buses. On my way home, the VERY LATE 403 had a problem picking up a wheelchair passenger. It's bad enough the passenger was on one of those scooter chairs, but the person was morbidly obese, the lift had problems and the rider had problems trying to manuver into the bus. This would not have happened on either a SEPTA or MTA low-floor bus.

Now you know why I HATE High-floor buses!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the 6000s are here, no NOVAS were sighted in Camden today, just the usual suspects in the 5300, 5500, 5700, 5900, 6000, and the MCIs today.

[Didn't see the two 5600s today but that doesn't mean that they're gone. Rode 5797 on the 404 and seen it later on the 405. Saw two NEW 6000s - 6002 on the 457 and 6005 on the 451]

There are probably more 6000s inside the garage, or pending to be delivered to Newton.

Does anyone who is in the know at NJT know how many 6000s will be sent South?

Archived