OWS now trying to occupy the subway.

Kamen Rider

Heck, it's entertainment, like the millions of other crazy people you find on the train.

No, no it isnt. the "entertainers" come on the train to play a song, do a dance, tickle a banjo or straight out ask for money, then leave. these people dont want to leave the trains, they just want to get into your face. :mad:

They better not mess up the subway service! I hope New Yorks Finest cleans these people out of the streets!

Basically, Occupy Wall St = disgruntled hipsters that got the pink slip.

The working class and poor are too poor to find time to go out and protest like this..nice that they're doing this for us but as you can see they're not really achieving much besides getting bad publicity

One thing I like to consider is that many US citizens, in a Machiavellian way, take their socioeconomic cues from the government, which spends against its future–ultimately spending against the futures of its own people. Millions accept that debt is an acceptable way of life (education, credit cards, loans, mortgages, et cetera) and lack of ability to reign the financial management of their lives and focus their energies against the constant barrage of social and media pressure to continue consuming and spending against their futures drives them into socioeconomic distress.

I thank God I have a job, a good job, and I haven't been on a stressful interview in years... what debt I used to have in my life was quite stressful, in an understatement. Many of these people, I'm sure, have given up... and no, no one is forced to become poor... but if the pyramid scheme that is Capitalism is to continue to be the established modus operandi the losers must greatly outnumber the winners, and the one cannot exist without the other.

Occupy Wall Street is, I believe, a disorganized, sad sigh of overall disappointment.

God knows best, I'm also sure He knows I'm glad I'm not there.

Oh stop with the income disparity argument already. It's getting old. We should get the heck out of the wars that we're in and we'd be a lot better off.

I can say what I want guy, nice try there trying to censor posts that you don't want to hear - in America we have something called freedom of speech even if it's inconvenient for you and the other defenders of the rich out there. So in summary...cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it.

Income disparity is a real problem and anyone who think it is not does NOT know their US or world history.

Now go bury your head in the sand again, you're good at that.

One thing I like to consider is that many US citizens, in a Machiavellian way, take their socioeconomic cues from the government, which spends against its future–ultimately spending against the futures of its own people. Millions accept that debt is an acceptable way of life (education, credit cards, loans, mortgages, et cetera) and lack of ability to reign the financial management of their lives and focus their energies against the constant barrage of social and media pressure to continue consuming and spending against their futures drives them into socioeconomic distress.

I thank God I have a job, a good job, and I haven't been on a stressful interview in years... what debt I used to have in my life was quite stressful, in an understatement. Many of these people, I'm sure, have given up... and no, no one is forced to become poor... but if the pyramid scheme that is Capitalism is to continue to be the established modus operandi the losers must greatly outnumber the winners, and the one cannot exist without the other.

Occupy Wall Street is, I believe, a disorganized, sad sigh of overall disappointment.

God knows best, I'm also sure He knows I'm glad I'm not there.

And that's the thing about real world politics people don't understand, especially those who defend the actions of the corrupt ruling aristocracy in this country and around the world who are destroying developed nations in the name of creating more god forsaken s***hole 3rd world banana republics is these:

-When you create a plutocracy, the very few hold the majority of the wealth and are tremendously outnumbered by everyone else.

-When the plutocracy gets increasingly greedy, eventually the many hold so little that they have NOTHING TO LOSE. With nothing to lose, they have everything to gain. Life is not worth living in slavery, and people would rather risk death for a chance at a better life than simply accept their circumstances.

And when both of those things happen the rich find themselves very alone, and very helpless against an onslaught of people who will take from them by force if need be.

History proves this lesson time and time again, and people never learn it.

Occupy the Subway details....

We will start by Occupying Our Blocks! Then throughout the five boroughs, we will gather at 16 central subway hubs and take our own stories to the trains, using the "People's Mic".

Bronx

Fordham Rd

3rd Ave, 138th Street

163rd and Southern Blvd

161st and River - Yankee Stadium

Brooklyn

Broadway Junction

Borough Hall

301 Grove Street

St Jose Patron Church,185 Suydam St, Bushwick

Queens

Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Ave.

Jamaica Center/Parsons/Archer

92-10 Roosevelt Avenue, Jackson Heights

Manhattan

125th St. A,B,C,D

Union Sq. (Mass student strike)

23rd St and 8th Ave

Staten Island

St. George, Staten Island Ferry Terminal

479 Port Richmond Avenue, Port Richmond

Source: http://occupywallst.org/action/november-17th/

Seems interesting enough...

I can say what I want guy, nice try there trying to censor posts that you don't want to hear - in America we have something called freedom of speech even if it's inconvenient for you and the other defenders of the rich out there. So in summary...cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it.

Income disparity is a real problem and anyone who think it is not does NOT know their US or world history.

Now go bury your head in the sand again, you're good at that.

I'm not trying to censor anything. You just cry income disparity all the time and it gets a little tired to hear it over and over and over. Focus on other factors because believe me, income disparity isn't the only problem in this country.

This thing needs to be more organized in order for it to work, I originally had doubts when they announced the movements two months ago since they were going to go in there we no clear message or goal, which was mistake number one from the start.

Let's clean it up and try again, but do it BETTER.

I'm not trying to censor anything. You just cry income disparity all the time and it gets a little tired to hear it over and over and over. Focus on other factors because believe me, income disparity isn't the only problem in this country.

First of all, I don't "cry" anything, I simply point out fact and state possible future outcomes based on US and world history since as the saying goes those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it - like you!

And second of all, I will call attention to whatever problems I deem fit, and you will not tell me what I can and comment on because you are nobody. Or rather, in the spirit of American freedom, you can try, but I reserve the right to ignore your overreaching directives and continue to not give a damn about them.

Archived