Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Shortline Bus

NYC, Occupy Wall Street headed into court for legal showdown after Zuccotti Park evictions

I cant imagine the horrible stench from all those people there without adequate bathroom or shower facilities and the soiled tents and clothing. Those Sanitation guys earned their overtime last nite hehe

The only thing I don't get is why they are there in the first place?, Wallstreet is blocks away were from protesters are, some there are really just doing is distributing the piece around the neighborhood and using store business bathrooms which are for paying customers only .

Guest lance25
The only thing I don't get is why they are there in the first place?, Wallstreet is blocks away were from protesters are, some there are really just doing is distributing the piece around the neighborhood and using store business bathrooms which are for paying customers only .

If I'm not mistaken, when this all started in September, they actually were at or near the Stock Exchange. Remember, the Broad St subway station was closed because of overcrowding and other safety concerns. As the movement gained momentum (and people), the protesters probably needed a larger space to demonstrate. Plus, I think they actually were removed from the NYSE when this thing got off the ground.

Who's insane enough [other than people waiting online for movie/sports/concert tickets] to spend the night sleeping outside on the sidewalk/park?

I will say this again: where's the outrage against the government? Afterall policies they made contributed in part to the 2008 collapse. And then there's Obama's pissing away of half a billion for solar companies that went bankrupt. I don't mind the outrage against the big banks, but protest Washington DC as well. Government is not the solution either.

This morning's eviction was disgusting.

Clear proof that Bloomberg is a corporatist ba$tard, and Ray Kelly is just there to take orders, even if it means violating constitutional rights.

The pigs are back, right there in their blue uniforms. Nothing says professionalism and bravery like tear-gassing and arresting unarmed citizens at 2 in the morning and blocking off media from covering it. My favorite was the LRAD they brought in, pathetic.

Impeach Bloomberg, stop the pigs and fight the good fight for the 99%.

So where were you at Mr. 99%? You seem riled up enough to be down there. :P

This morning's eviction was disgusting.

Clear proof that Bloomberg is a corporatist ba$tard, and Ray Kelly is just there to take orders, even if it means violating constitutional rights.

The pigs are back, right there in their blue uniforms. Nothing says professionalism and bravery like tear-gassing and arresting unarmed citizens at 2 in the morning and blocking off media from covering it. My favorite was the LRAD they brought in, pathetic.

Impeach Bloomberg, stop the pigs and fight the good fight for the 99%.

Please don't ever call 911 when you need help, you obviously will do just fine without the police you hate so much.

Oh and a bunch of filthy skells who refuse to leave private property after the property own orders them to do so is not a good fight, it's disorderly conduct and should be dealt with accordingly.

That's just what you types always say, well tell ya what, I was talking it over with a buddy of mine, an ex-marine, then a street cop, and a sergeant and you know what he said to me? What the cops are doing is absurd, and he's dead right.

I support the police. But this? A bunch of a order-taking mindless drones who brought in a LRAD to arrest unarmed men at 2 in the morning while arresting press? That's the not police. Those, those are the pigs. Same ones in the 1960s, same ones today. That's something entirely different. Barring the media? I think Orwell would be turning over in his grave.

Disorderly conduct. Right. Since nothing says American like giving up all of your moral principles because the rule book got thrown at you. And nothing says bravery like fighting "disorderly conduct" with tear gas.

Like I said before the police are pawns in this game being used as SCAPEGOATS by the wealthy who hide behind the police AND the riot shields.

Hate the cops and people won't hate the suits behind them ordering them about.

Remember the cops have a job to do and they need to keep it. They HAVE to follow orders.

Um.... the protesters broke laws. The Police are part of Law Enforcement. They enforced the laws.

What's so hard to comprehend?

Yes, god forbid a disease should break out from the unsanitary conditions there. If they want to camp out a night or so, fine. But 2 months? Buy your own land and do whatever you want on it.

That's just what you types always say, well tell ya what, I was talking it over with a buddy of mine, an ex-marine, then a street cop, and a sergeant and you know what he said to me? What the cops are doing is absurd, and he's dead right.

You mean following orders so they keep their jobs? Yea that's really absurd.

I support the police. But this? A bunch of a order-taking mindless drones who brought in a LRAD to arrest unarmed men at 2 in the morning while arresting press? That's the not police. Those, those are the pigs. Same ones in the 1960s, same ones today. That's something entirely different. Barring the media? I think Orwell would be turning over in his grave.

More BS, unarmed means nothing. An unarmed person can still injure or kill people so unless they cuffed themselves, their still a threat. Also what's wrong with taking them by surprise? I guess you would rather the police gave them 2 days notice so that those who wanted to leave could and ALSO more people could move into the park and fight the cops. Don't even bother saying that wouldn't happen because that's exactly what had happened in other cities.

Disorderly conduct. Right. Since nothing says American like giving up all of your moral principles because the rule book got thrown at you. And nothing says bravery like fighting "disorderly conduct" with tear gas.

Get your head out of the clouds and realize that people going about their daily lives is alot more important then people camping in a park.

The problem is the polarization of EVERYTHING in society today.

This movement is supposed to be about protesting corporate greed and the influence on the wealthy of politics. Instead it became about being homeless, and attracting the hippie crowd.

Then, today was supposed to be about standing in front of the organized crime syndicates downtown where the chicanery happens, and blocking the jerks from going to work on the trading floor. Instead it became about interrupting subway and bus service on major thoroughfares outside of Wall Street, and streaking.

This is why progress in America just doesn't happen anymore. Everybody caters to the fringe elements, whether it's the wealthy, or the hippies, or the homeless, or the banks...and NO ONE cares about the "normal" 90% of society that has been getting repeatedly f***ed for 30 years. They ignore and marginalize them.

What politics in this country could use is a party of COMMON SENSE and NORMAL.