Depot Assignments c. 1965 vs. 2008

Trainmaster5

Got together with some childhood buddies this Father's day aand we were joking about " the good old day's" They're all retired Surface guys . 10 to 20 years ago while I'm still an active RTO man. Anybody remember which bus lines were out of ENY Depot back then and what comes out now? The same for Flatbush then and now. We all agree on the B41, 44, and 46 at Flatbush and the B12, 14 and 25 at ENY but what about the others ? We also remember more buses going to Bridge Plaza then. I told them I would try to get the information for them so when they come back to NYC this July we'll have a day or two busfanning and railfanning and look at the changes in Brooklyn since they left. 7 old Brooklynites on the wheels and rails of NYCT together again.

Got together with some childhood buddies this Father's day aand we were joking about " the good old day's" They're all retired Surface guys . 10 to 20 years ago while I'm still an active RTO man. Anybody remember which bus lines were out of ENY Depot back then and what comes out now? The same for Flatbush then and now. We all agree on the B41, 44, and 46 at Flatbush and the B12, 14 and 25 at ENY but what about the others ? We also remember more buses going to Bridge Plaza then. I told them I would try to get the information for them so when they come back to NYC this July we'll have a day or two busfanning and railfanning and look at the changes in Brooklyn since they left. 7 old Brooklynites on the wheels and rails of NYCT together again.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a question for you. Why you ain't retired yet???????? Others would like to move up also. I see I have to get the bulldozer out, to "push" you senior people out..........

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a question for you. Why you ain't retired yet???????? Others would like to move up also. I see I have to get the bulldozer out, to "push" you senior people out..........
I've got my papers in my pocket as of this week but what's the rush ? My buddies were 20/50 guys but when I came back I was Tier 3, now Tier 4. Big difference in retirement benefits. I'm not even top 100 in the IRT, much less senior man on my line or tour.

This is a list of Brooklyn bus routes with the original numbers and the new numbers.

BMT Depots= BMT Headquarters/East New York in 1859, Crosstown Depot in 1941(B18, B24, B29, B30, B39, B48, B59, B60, B61 and B62), Flatbush in 1974, Fresh Pond in 1979, and Ulmer Park in 1950. Prior to these depot opening dates, all BMT routes operated out of ENY.

http://hometown.aol.com/chirailfan/nycdateb.html

NOTE: All BK routes were run by private lines companies prior to the 1940 takeover by the newly formed NYCTA. 90% of said routes were owned and operated by the BMT.

Maybe I worded my question wrong. What I meant was that we remember the B45 and B65 coming out of Bergen St back in the day and when the "trackless trollies" were removed around 1959-60 these 2 routes then came out of ENY depot. The B47 and B48 also used the same equipment. When they switched equipment which depot were they assigned to ? IIRC the Flushing and Graham Avenue lines also had the same equipment. Where were they based and where did those lines go when the wires came down ? And what about the line that turned at Flatbush Avenue near Erasmus Hall H.S. ?

Archived