Brooklyn Subway Sign Defaced in Another Bias Crime

mark1447

The Brooklyn neighborhood targeted by anti-Semitic graffiti and arson last week is grappling with a new vandalism incident, this time at a subway station.

An Avenue J subway sign in Midwood was found vandalized Wednesday, according to local Assemblyman Dov Hikind. The sign was spray-painted to read "Avenue J*w."

Hikind said he was alerted to the incident by a constituent who snapped a photo of the sign and sent it to him.

Transit police have removed the sign and are investigating it as a bias crime, Hikind said.

Last week, several cars were burned and others painted with swastikas and the letters "KKK" in an anti-Semitic spree along Ocean Parkway near Avenue I. Some benches were also covered with swastikas and other hate graffiti.

More:

Brooklyn Subway Sign Defaced in Another Bias Crime | NBC New York

Why do I have this feeling that it's those dirty Occupy Wall Street protesters that this?

Yeah seriously you need to stop assuming things.

The Ocean Parkway incident plus this one were most likely coming from that group that praises the KKK and NeoNazi type of groups. I believe in that news article, some anniversary day just passed and all the hate crime-type of things started to happen right after that day.

Guest lance25
Why do I have this feeling that it's those dirty Occupy Wall Street protesters that this?

Yes because people protesting against corporate greed and stuff are going to burn down cars, and deface property with racial and ethnic slurs. You know kid, you really need to stop assuming things and get a clue.

Yeah seriously you need to stop assuming things.

The Ocean Parkway incident plus this one were most likely coming from that group that praises the KKK and NeoNazi type of groups. I believe in that news article, some anniversary day just passed and all the hate crime-type of things started to happen right after that day.

Yes, the Kristallnacht or "Night of Broken Glass".

Why would *** be censored? As someone of Jewish descent, it irks me that something basic and descriptive has been turned into a profane slur.

Because when someone wants to yell something anti-semetic at a jewish person, "***" was the word they always used. The word "Jewish" has no anti-semetic remark to it at all.

Go to Google & type in Jewish...& you'll get a whole bunch things about Jewish people (non-anti-semetic) but type in "***" and you'll get every anti-semetic thing under the sun.

Calling a Jewish person a "***" is pretty much like calling a black person the "N" word or a Hispanic the "S" word.

It's bad enough those lowlifes destroyed Ave I & Ocean Pkwy, but they had to do it to the Subway?! :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived