Couple of Long Island Buses at CP

CPBO

So this am when I came back from my morning run I seen 2 Long Island Buses with the Orange stripe with the blue at CP....I guess we will be getting some of the old buses....we should get all of those new buses they got a year ago or so....

I have no reason to not believe this...but I have to wonder if these are buses that will be stripped for parts before being sent to the graveyard---that is, is Nassau County clearing out its retired buses from Mitchel Field so that they don't even have any non-NICE scrap buses in Nassau?

The LIB buses are being sent to College Pt. & Grand Ave for repairs in order to pass DOT inspection. Evidently, it's in agreement with Veolia that these buses have to be in good condition & ready to roll by Jan. 1st. LIB does not have enough parts or manpower to accomplish this. As a result of so many buses being out of service,dozens of runs are not going out on a daily basis. Drivers on 2nd halves of splits are even having their runs curtailed & being used for transporting these buses.

The LIB buses are being sent to College Pt. & Grand Ave for repairs in order to pass DOT inspection. Evidently, it's in agreement with Veolia that these buses have to be in good condition & ready to roll by Jan. 1st. LIB does not have enough parts or manpower to accomplish this. As a result of so many buses being out of service,dozens of runs are not going out on a daily basis. Drivers on 2nd halves of splits are even having their runs curtailed & being used for transporting these buses.

Funny its the Vs that aren't passing inspection and the NGs are, unlike what everyone else expects.

Does this explain why 13 LIB Orion 5s were retired?

Yes I asked this am and that is what I was told....I did not take any pics thou....I forgot my phone at home.......B)

I was just getting ready to post this:)

Also Veolia is suppose to be bringing in new fleet.

Holy crap. I would have never guessed this happening.

Why not? There would be no reason for them to go with any other manufacture. Not to mention it would not be conducive to NICE's bottom line at all. During a transition like this, Veolia's goal is to do what's best for the operation overall.

Unless they start running express service, there is no reason for drastic fleet changes.

Archived