B49 Limited

bknightshadow45

I rode the (B49)LTD for the first time this morning between Empire Blvd/Bedford Avenue to KCC. For the most part it was a good ride. From today experience, I noticed a high number of school students, mainly high school students rode the bus for most of the trip than students from KCC. I noticed most of the high school students got off the bus either Kings Highway or at Avenue U and the majority of people going to KCC boarded the bus after Kings Highway.

Just wondering have anyone rode the (B49)LTD and you think it merits northbound limited service in the afternoon hours?

Once the school let's out, there really isn't enough buses out there leaving the college, including the B1 (but we'll leave the B1 for another day). Even though they leave damn near every 5 or so minutes, it still be crowds out there.

But the onlty thing they need is more short turns than full runs. Once you pass Sheepshead Bay station, the bus damn near empties out

Once the school let's out, there really isn't enough buses out there leaving the college, including the B1 (but we'll leave the B1 for another day). Even though they leave damn near every 5 or so minutes, it still be crowds out there.

But the onlty thing they need is more short turns than full runs. Once you pass Sheepshead Bay station, the bus damn near empties out

I rode the (B49) northbound once from KCC and wrote the entire route. I rode it last year during the afternoon when school let out. I did noticed the crowds on the bus but it does empties out at Sheepshead Bay (B)(Q) station. The rest of the ride middle and high school students rode the bus and took up the majority of the seats of the bus which is very similar of my trip going southbound on the (B49)LTD.

There's not many buses on the B49 to begin with during rush hours. We're not just talking KCC students going to the train station, but then you have many people boarding on Rogers Avenue. Right now, during the week, there's 46 runs in total, which should really be about 50-55. There's also not enough running time given to the operator, so if you're going NB and you're already 20 minutes down, and you blow your recovery at Franklin, and still 20 mins down coming SB, you have to wait for the SLD at Avenue U to put some miracle work in, if any; or the SLD at Sheepshead Bay station. It's just too much BS sometimes. I rather operate the B46 where there's more help regardless to how many people are riding.

Archived