PA's are no more on the R160 trains

Eastman346

For the last two months the annoying public announcements on the R160 trains have not been used. Did the public complain about them? Are they automatic or does the conductor or train operator turns them on? I have been riding the (N) and (W) and they both do not run the PA's anymore.

For the last two months the annoying public announcements on the R160 trains have not been used. Did the public complain about them? Are they automatic or does the conductor or train operator turns them on? I have been riding the (N) and (W) and they both do not run the PA's anymore.

"PA's" meaning......."keep your belongings to yourself at all times" etc.....I heard one two weeks ago on the (5).

Come to think of it I have not heard them in a long time (about 3 months or so) myself and I ride the (N) everyday. All I can say is praise the lord hallelujah.

I still hear the acconcements on the (2).

Btw theres an certain C/R on the (N) that leaves otta stillwell around 2:30 to 3:00. And after he leaves 59th st he plays ALL of those acconements. Its so damn annoying he doesn't do it with an R68 though. Thats why love when i get an 68 (N) train. Nice and peaceful none of those annoyences that come with those 160s.

Yeah, the announcements are opperated by the C/R's and I haven't heard any on the (L) lately, other than the "If you see something Say something" one.

Then you have not been on my (L) train latey, me and my C/R take turns maken the Announcements. I most of the time do the Door one when in stations when people are holding doors, so he can consertrat on closing down. He makes the rest tought out the trip, mostly in the river tubes.

Every R142/143/160 I ride or work has all the Automated announcements working. If your talking about regular PA announcements there is no need for them there is a Automated announcement to cover any problem. I did have a Situation on the (L) where I was Turned for service and the C/R didn't know how to work the PA so I did and made all proper announcement about what was going on.

I heard one yesterday, and the day before that too. Also, I don't think there would be any effect if the public complained. They don't listen to them anyway even if they are useful. The announcements are there for a reason and no straphanger realizes it.

What I think the original poster means is the "public service announcements" or whatever the hell they're called. Not the "train traffic", "supervision" or the station announcements themselves.

The ones about trash receptacles, riding outside the train, crossing between cars and the suspicious packages. There's about 7 or 8 of them in total and they used to run them back to back to back. Yeah it was annoying. I don't need to be reminded every single day about the same thing.

I haven't heard those annoucements from the (2) for a long time. There used to be a whole bunch passing by 59th via express, but now it just blows thought. I wanted to get a recording for "Ladies and Gentlemen, We are Being Held Momentarily By the Station Because of the Train's Dispatcher. Please Be Patient" accounments, but those haven't been playing AT ALL even when the (2) is stuck at a station for like 10 minutes.

I still hear the acconcements on the (2).

Btw theres an certain C/R on the (N) that leaves otta stillwell around 2:30 to 3:00. And after he leaves 59th st he plays ALL of those acconements. Its so damn annoying he doesn't do it with an R68 though. Thats why love when i get an 68 (N) train. Nice and peaceful none of those annoyences that come with those 160s.

yup thats the 3:10 train i ride every day after school. The guy uses EVERY SINGLE announcement he has.

I'm known to play alot of the announcements. When I'm in the river Tube your going to Hear the Security, Random Search, and the trash receptacles. Maybe even the Riding between cars is Illegal. If someone held the doors your will also hear Do not learn , Hold or block the doors. There is no need to yell over the PA when you have recorded School car announcements to do it for you. We have all the delay announcements as well so nothing has to be said unless its a major service interuption where you will need a Alt route.

I'm known to play alot of the announcements. When I'm in the river Tube your going to Hear the Security, Random Search, and the trash receptacles. Maybe even the Riding between cars is Illegal. If someone held the doors your will also hear Do not learn , Hold or block the doors.

Really, you do that???? I guess you really like those new trains huh????

I used to love bunching them up to piss people off, I would also start closing the doors before the announcement said please (stand clear of the closing doors please) because I stopped saying please early on. I shouldn't have to beg you to stand clear of the closing doors. The fact that you could get dragged to death should be incentive enough for you to stand clear.

I would also start closing the doors before the announcement said please (stand clear of the closing doors please) because I stopped saying please early on. I shouldn't have to beg you to stand clear of the closing doors. The fact that you could get dragged to death should be incentive enough for you to stand clear.

True that. I love it when conductors do that.

Archived