Coney Island Tours

R1103

Has anybody gone on any of them? There's supposed to be just one more coming up.

I wanted to go, but on a Tuesday.....:P

For the past several years all the tours have been on a Tuesday. Their good tours and there were 4 this year because the demand is always very high. I think the 3 that have been held so far have all been sold out. It's a cool place to see, I am usually down there 2 times a week so it's like a second home.

For the past several years all the tours have been on a Tuesday. Their good tours and there were 4 this year because the demand is always very high. I think the 3 that have been held so far have all been sold out. It's a cool place to see, I am usually down there 2 times a week so it's like a second home.

do you get to see the R110B in the Fire Training part on the Transit Museum tour?

I went on the Coney Island tour last year.

As far as the R110Bs, I didn't see them. However, if you ask Mike Hanna in the beginning of tour to see them, you may be able to check them out.

As we all know there are four tours this year. I briefly spoke to Luz about this (Wednesday night) and she said that all of them are sold out.

I really enjoyed the tour last year and I would definately recommend it to anyone. One piece of advice: wear comfortable walking shoes! A big place means a lot of walking!

do you get to see the R110B in the Fire Training part on the Transit Museum tour?

No, the fire school is not part of the tour. The only time it was open to the "public" was during the last rodeo in 2008. You will see several museum cars and Stillwell Master Tower where you will be able to take photos of the yard from the wrap around balcony. Even during that last tour of 207th St, the area where the R110Bs are located was not part of the tour.

Archived