VHS Dry Tape Video Head Cleaner

To be honest I'm not sure what using a Video head cleaner will do. Sounds like a defect. Years ago I bought a SONY TV for my dorm room and eventually I found out that there was a defect in the sound. I dealt with it for that semester and just offloaded it for $50.00. If you have any warranty left on it and you really can't stand the sound, I would try to trade it in for a new one because otherwise it's not worth it to spend money to fix it when you could probably get a new one for the same price.

Sadly, the warranty expired last year, and I regret not buying a 3 year warranty... It can't be the three TV sets at all, and the colored cables (dunno what it's called... AV jack I think?) are relatively new. The only option I have is to buy a new one... probably a stand-alone VHS player. What's even funny about this is that my previous Samsung VCR suffered from picture quality, yet the audio was fine. It only lasted for 7-8 years.

Well then... *throws away in trash*

I'll have to go to a store and buy an alcohol swab.

Make sure you know how to do it, otherwise you could mess up your VCR.

http://hometheater.about.com/cs/vcrs/ht/vcrheadcleaing.htm

Since you said only audio was the problem, try doing only the audio head first. Remember, you can test w/o closing the VCR!

• 4 weeks later...

Not that I have the mentioned issues or can offer advice about this, but I just wanted to say I'm glad there's still a few people out there that still uses the VCR. I have a DVR, but I still prefer to keep stuff on a tape.

DVR, anything happens to that, hours and hours of progaming could be for nothing. DVDs RWs, are ok, but I do worry about scratches that can mess up the disk or the disk getting bent, etc. Disks are too fragile.

Archived