How would you feel?

Engr08

To all the subway operators out there I have a question to ask you. Being that we are living in fear of another terrorist attack, how do you feel about a person recording or taking pictures of your train? I'm a railroad engineer and all the time I see people taking photos and recording a train as it whizzing by. In a way I don't care but sometimes I think who are you? Do you think that they should carry a permit if ever stop by the police? The reason why I asked because there was a certain person that I know was complaining about the cops interfering with them taking photos. I explain to him that we are still under a watch and everyone has to be careful, dont think because things are quiet that nothing will not happen. What do you guys thinks?

I am not a Train or subway Operator but, I feel the folks to watch out for are the ones we do not see taking undercover pictures.The ones out in the open are most likely harmless buffs.Just my thoughts Maybe around transit yards and stations a permit may be a good idea requiring a background check etc but, some folks will cry about "Big brother blah blah"

Well, as I explained in your other thread, as long as the TA allows photography, TA staff or cops can't do much about someone taking pictures, unless they're using a tripod or something like that. Plus, even if the TA were to ban photography, you could still take pictures of the system from public property, like taking pictures of an elevated line from the street.

Archived