Take Me Away . . .

ciboii22

Well got some shots of 9416 being towed away , dont know what happened to it . And got some recent shots of the F shuttle over this past weekend so enjoy . Rate comment & subscribe to my youtube channel , I post a lot of videos daily and im trying to get a lot of subscribers so subscribe thank you .

DSC02614-1.jpg . DSC02616-1.jpg . DSC02618-1.jpg . DSC02624-1.jpg . DSC02649-1.jpg . DSC02673.jpg . DSC02741-1.jpg . DSC02743.jpg . DSC02744.jpg . DSC02746.jpg .

I think they just hoist the front of the bus up so that it's only on its rear wheels. Don't quote me on that.

I thought you couldn't tow a rear wheel drive vehicle on its front wheels, unless I mixed the drivetrains up or it's different with commercial vehicles.

You can tow it both ways , i think it could be better from the front because if you tow it the back way then you can mess up the front . But its inside the depot now so they are working on it .

How do they tow the LFSA's? It looks like the wheels are pretty well recessed behind the cab, and it just looks awkward to tow an articulated bus in general, like it might be too long to maneuver?

The lfsas i think they tow it from the front , those things are way on the ground in the front and if they tow it the back way that can mess the front up . When the lfs come out the depot they scrape up the ground because its like a dip and they way they built the bus it makes it even worser .

Probably blow by or a blown head gasket...its probably on its way to Grandavenue.

Hmm maybe , its in ulmer park now on the lift .

I think they just hoist the front of the bus up so that it's only on its rear wheels. Don't quote me on that.

I thought you couldn't tow a rear wheel drive vehicle on its front wheels, unless I mixed the drivetrains up or it's different with commercial vehicles.

How do they tow the LFSA's? It looks like the wheels are pretty well recessed behind the cab, and it just looks awkward to tow an articulated bus in general, like it might be too long to maneuver?

LFSA's, like all artics, only get towed from the front. The hoist them up so that they are only on the CENTER wheels. You can tow rear wheel drive vehicles from the front only if you take the axles out which they always do.

To hook up the under reach to the far recessed front axle they do one of two things. They will pick up the bus using the supplied tow hooks and set the bus down on aluminium blocks placed under the front wheels than hook up to the axle. Or they will just extend the under reach all the way out (which you are not suppose for saftey reasons) and just pick up the bus by the axle than again set the bus down on blocks and hook up to the axle.

Archived