what do you think about this Fantasy line

TriboroughBridge

No. The line makes a big "U" shape and would be an engineering nightmare (to say the least)

The (:P, (D), (F), (M), (2) & (3) make big "U" shapes & you dont here anybody complaining about that. (at least I havent heard any complaints)

(Z) riders would be annoyed because now only the (J) goes to Broad St.

The (J) is now crushloaded, genius.

So during the peak hours some (Z)'s would go to Broad St. & Dont you think that most people would want to go to midtown, especially on weekends. And once again why do you along with everybody else, have to make it as if people are scared of transferring?

There is no way in hell that the south bowery (J)(Z) platform can be rehabbed. It is literally a big stinkin piece of crap.

You really think the MTA cant rehabilitate that station?

2nd Avenue DOES NOT need 3 services on it. Also, a better line to send up your "IND Castle Hill Line" would be the (T)

Yes, 2 Ave could probably use 3 services & if you look at my map, when I'm done with it you will see I would have the (C), (D), (Q) & (T) run via concourse ((C) & (D) via express & (Q) & (T) via local) & have the (4) moved to University Ave to give residents in the West Bronx better subway access & people near Concourse express service, but of course you & everybody else are going to shoot down my idea or bash me for it, because everybody knows better. I'm not saying I know better, I probably dont, but that doesnt mean subway service is hunky-dory with the way it is now.

Plus skip-stop service would be screwed over if the (J) and (Z) did not have the same terminal. the (Z) should be extended to Brooklyn first along with the (J) to make up for lost (Mx) train.

Why do they need the same terminal? I know the point of Skip-Stop is for a line that is identical, but if it wont work, at least have 2 way express service between Myrtle & Marcy Aves, so people have something to move out of the way to get to the city faster.

So sit in the corner in shame.

Really?

Worse idea ever. You can't have more then 2 services use 2 tracks, because it would result in rail traffic nightmare. It would cause a rail traffic jam on the Sixth Avenue Line. Also on the Sixth Avenue Line there are already 4 subway services that already does the job which is the (:((D)(F)(M). Nothing else is needed.
What about the 59 st Line. It has three services, the (N)(Q)(R) on two tracks

The (:(, (D), (F), (M), (2) & (3) make big "U" shapes & you dont here anybody complaining about that. (at least I havent heard any complaints)

No, the (:( and (D) do not make a "U" shape. the only of the above that do are the (2) and (M). Plus, you don't heat complaints because people usually ride half of a trains route to get to their job!

So during the peak hours some (Z)'s would go to Broad St. & Dont you think that most people would want to go to midtown, especially on weekends. And once again why do you along with everybody else, have to

make it as if people are scared of transferring?

People don't like to transfer. Plus having a route that big w/ trains originating not even halfway down the route is... useless

You really think the MTA cant rehabilitate that station?

Maybe...

Yes, 2 Ave could probably use 3 services & if you look at my map, when I'm done with it you will see I would have the (C), (D), (Q) & (T) run via concourse ((C) & (D) via express & (Q) & (T) via local) & have the (4) moved to University Ave to give residents in the West Bronx better subway access & people near Concourse express service, but of course you & everybody else are going to shoot down my idea or bash me for it, because everybody knows better. I'm not saying I know better, I probably dont, but that doesnt mean subway service is hunky-dory with the way it is now.

*FACEPALM*

NO!NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Concourse does NOT need 4 Services! Never! NEVER EVER! It does not need 2 Express services! NO! Moving the (4)? NO!

Why do they need the same terminal? I know the point of Skip-Stop is for a line that is identical, but if it wont work, at least have 2 way express service between Myrtle & Marcy Aves, so people have something to move out of the way to get to the city faster.

Say if a (Z) gets stuck @ 59 St, Jamaica Commuters are SCREWED!

Really?

Yes.

Guest lance25

Triboro Bridge:

You're going to need to be able to take some criticism. I get that you have a particular idea in mind, but don't get mad when others don't like it. You can't ask people to comment and then basically tell them to shove it after they say something you don't like.

Got it? Good.

Triboro Bridge:

You're going to need to be able to take some criticism. I get that you have a particular idea in mind, but don't get mad when others don't like it. You can't ask people to comment and then basically tell them to shove it after they say something you don't like.

Got it? Good.

The one thing I know was going to happen to me when I was going to step into this forum, or any forum as the matter of fact, I was going to be bashed with criticism & I dont let it bother me.

And I know I let my imagination get the best of me, but look at everybody else, they get pretty pissed when I have an opinion or just say something to do with fantasy. I dont get mad when people tell me it's a bad idea, I get upset with people when they get angry at me like I said something about their mother.

I hope you understand.

No, the (:( and (D) do not make a "U" shape. the only of the above that do are the (2) and (M). Plus, you don't heat complaints because people usually ride half of a trains route to get to their job!

Exactly! I dont think most people that would take the (Z) from Queens/Brooklyn would go to the upper east side or The Bronx. They are probably going to 8 Ave or somewhere within that area. Just like the (2) coming from Brooklyn empties out at Times Sq & the (M) coming from Brooklyn Empties out, around Rockefeller Center.

People don't like to transfer. Plus having a route that big w/ trains originating not even halfway down the route is... useless

*FACEPALM*

NO!NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Concourse does NOT need 4 Services! Never! NEVER EVER! It does not need 2 Express services! NO! Moving the (4)? NO!

Say if a (Z) gets stuck @ 59 St, Jamaica Commuters are SCREWED!

Yes.

I'm not interested in getting into this.

Guest lance25

Yeah, you need to save it on a photo storage site like Photobucket, Imageshack or something like that and post the link to the map. We can't see things saved on your personal hard drive.

Ok let's see if this works.

The little white markings are "express stops"

Let the bashing begin, drumroll please....:(

sfantasymap.gif

on a map it definitely looks better,althrough I still say the (Q)(T) shouldn't be on concourse.

Thank you & yes I know the (Q) & (T) going to concourse isn't proper.

The (Q)(T) should not run anywhere near the Concourse Line. It would mess up the (:((D) on the Concourse, and the (A)(C) are already long enough and slow enough as is, it shouldn't be sent to the Bronx. If you want to be useful send the (Q)(T) up Third Avenue to replace the IRT Third Avenue Elevated. You really don't know much about the subway system and I suggest that you learn before you draw or else you are going to draw lines to nowhere.

The (Q)(T) should not run anywhere near the Concourse Line. It would mess up the (:((D) on the Concourse, and the (A)(C) are already long enough and slow enough as is, it shouldn't be sent to the Bronx. If you want to be useful send the (Q)(T) up Third Avenue to replace the IRT Third Avenue Elevated. You really don't know much about the subway system and I suggest that you learn before you draw or else you are going to draw lines to nowhere.

You know dude, I've seen YOU get shot down also of you ideas by people on these forums & just because you feel crappy about it, doesnt mean you have to do it to others. If it's a bad idea, fine I understand, but dont go telling people off because you think they dont know the subway. The reason people ask, is for people with better knowledge to answer them, so they themselves can get better at it. How do you think people get so smart? by asking. if nobody asked, nobody would no anything.

In this case, if somebody asks about the subway, whether it's a train re-route, eliminating stations or lines, or whatever stuff they have to ask, they want to see if people would agree, disagree, slightly change somethings they said to make it sound better, or just plain straight out, tell them how it will or wont work.

Now, I couldn't care any less with what you say about me. I know the subway pretty damn well, I may not show it on these forums, but I do. But there are people out there that would get deeply offended for asking a question & then get shot down miserably, by people like you.

So please stop acting like that & respect peoples opinions.

Guest lance25

Dude, if you want to see a particular service pattern drawn out, make your own map. I understand the criticism, but at the end of the day, it's Triborough Bridge's fantasy map and ideas. It's best not to get all worked up about silly things.

Archived